Play Nice 2020 Non AFL Admin, Crowds, Ratings, Participation etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Because of lockdown - Sydney rating poor

Seven won ratings for both the primary channel and multi-channels, suggesting that the games being shown on 7Mate are doing very well compared to whatever else is being shown on the other multi-chanels. You can't do much better than top the ratings.
It's worth noting that the Gold Coast Suns rated 40x an A-League final.
Once again, we can't expect our Northern expansion clubs to do much more than that, indeed, I would think 40x is way, way beyond our wildest expectations. You'd have to conclude that at least double the people in Sydney were watching the Suns as compared to an A-League final.

Hahahaha!!! Wtf is that website a joke?

"Western United CEO Chris Pehlivanis has also confirmed there are no set plans for where the club will play home games next season. United who play Melbourne City for a spot in the Grand Final tomorrow night have been rumoured to be playing at Knights Stadium as they wait for their Joel ground at Tarneit to be built. "

What's a "Joel ground"

Aaaah, Australian soccer is the laugh that never ends! 🤣🤣🤣

Hahahaha!!! Wtf is that website a joke?

"Western United CEO Chris Pehlivanis has also confirmed there are no set plans for where the club will play home games next season. United who play Melbourne City for a spot in the Grand Final tomorrow night have been rumoured to be playing at Knights Stadium as they wait for their Joel ground at Tarneit to be built. "

What's a "Joel ground"

Aaaah, Australian soccer is the laugh that never ends! 🤣🤣🤣
Hope they like waiting... Wonder how much has been fleeced from the local council in all this.

I know this will be a laugh to the A League haters, but the FTA rating for the (delayed) final on the weekend was......8k.

It does make me think that the bulk of the 50k or so numbers that were tuning in to regular season games were ABC news viewers (and there's normally about 700k of them) switching on the ABC 10 or 20 minutes early. If 200k of them turn it on at 645 then that adds 30k to the game average audience.

I know this will be a laugh to the A League haters, but the FTA rating for the (delayed) final on the weekend was......8k.

It does make me think that the bulk of the 50k or so numbers that were tuning in to regular season games were ABC news viewers (and there's normally about 700k of them) switching on the ABC 10 or 20 minutes early. If 200k of them turn it on at 645 then that adds 30k to the game average audience.

I suspect there is at least some truth in that. Also, the from what I have gathered the ABC news ratings drop significantly when the ALeague is the run in

And also of note is that, despite the desperately deluded clinging to contrary hopes, the streaming figures are roughly proportionate to the AFL's...that is about 50% of cable....

Last Sunday’s elimination final between Western United v Brisbane Roar averaged 49k on Fox Sports. That figure included 32k on Foxtel and 17k on streaming platforms Foxtel Now/Go and Kayo. The game was the highest rating A-League match on Fox Sports since February.

The Wellington Phoenix vs Perth Glory elimination final had an average audience of 31k on Fox Sports. A figure which included a streaming audience of 10k via Foxtel Now/Go and Kayo.

I suspect there is at least some truth in that. Also, the from what I have gathered the ABC news ratings drop significantly when the ALeague is the run in

And also of note is that, despite the desperately deluded clinging to contrary hopes, the streaming figures are roughly proportionate to the AFL's...that is about 50% of cable....

But what about all those young hipsters streaming the sokkah?!

Doesn't seem to deter investors

Doesn't seem to deter investors

Hmmmmmm

London-based Charlesworth will hand back the A-League licence he’s held for seven years, if a buyer can’t be found to take a majority ownership of the wooden spooners - imperilling the club’s future.

Unconfirmed reports suggest he would accept $4 million for the club.

Though the Jets are also in strife, with Chinese owner Martin Lee no longer funding the club and FFA threatening to step in, McKinna wasn’t tempted to entertain musings of a merger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smh 27.8

Nine states that "...maybe we can lift NRL performance & maybe that will justify the price" (ie ratings improve), "...if it doesnt perform, then everything needs to pay its way" ie implication NRL Rights $ will be reduced, when current deal expires in 2022, unless ratings rise.

Nine's NRL ratings have been disappointing in 2020.

(go to tweet 27.8, then click on SMH article)

Last edited:
Looks like its Crickets turn at the COVID-19 contract discount game

Looks like its Crickets turn at the COVID-19 contract discount game

Not surprised. The BBL looks like being an abortion of a tournament with no internationals and then CA decided to take out all the decent Australian players too and top up the league with......grade cricketers.

If you were 7 you'd be pretty ropeable.

Not surprised. The BBL looks like being an abortion of a tournament with no internationals and then CA decided to take out all the decent Australian players too and top up the league with......grade cricketers.

If you were 7 you'd be pretty ropeable.

A discount was always gunna happen, but they way they have managed these BBL changes (which are understandable) is pretty shitty communication wise it seems

A discount was always gunna happen, but they way they have managed these BBL changes (which are understandable) is pretty shitty communication wise it seems

The story is no discount was conceded. That being the case I can see why 7 are pissed.

It's like ordering a Mercedes but being delivered a Kia and getting told "hey, you're getting a car so quit whining".

The story is no discount was conceded. That being the case I can see why 7 are pissed.

It's like ordering a Mercedes but being delivered a Kia and getting told "hey, you're getting a car so quit whining".

Except Kerry didnt like the Kia ..... he doesnt want a discount, he wanted the product offered.
A BBL competition between grade cricketers isnt worth much to advertisers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back