Autopsy Dockers vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox commentary team - don’t know the name of the lady but she’s terrible to listen too. Just useless tonight. Also a massive all round tigers love fest.

We are crap going forward.

Hogan deserves to stay in.

Midfield building.

Tabs did some stupid things but should have kicked three. Total enigma.

Darcy good I thought.

Maybe they know more than you about it. Just maybe?
They no doubt do, I was just surprised that the defensive coach, whose lines appear from the outside to be functioning with great capacity, was culled, yet the forward coach was spared.

I don't know if Walters has the footspeed or agility to be a small forward anymore, not that he ever did - I don't think much has changed from him, but the game has moved towards zippy smalls.

To me, he might need to be a midfielder for the rest of his career.

I don't think he can create his own space by foot. Very similar to Brandon Matera in that regard.

He's got a great footy brain though. Just needs to find the right positioning. Barlow never had speed but he knew where to put himself.

I don't understand how our small forwards are either always the deepest F50 target or nowhere to be seen behind the talls to crumb. Absolute ******* clown show down there.

It seems to be the talls leading up at the ball carrier and the smalls run into the space in behind. The player with the ball then ignores the lead and bombs it long to the small and it gets intercepted.

Fyfe is not a forward. Play him in the midfield. Hogan, lobb and tabs is a nice tall forward line. Smalls need to play at the feet of the talls. The number of times it went to ground and their smalls ran away with it and rebounded from defence And scores was mental.
We also need players forward of the ball. We win it and then can’t transition as all players have flooded back

Play to strengths. Barlow was great at stoppages, Walters is better up forwards. Having Walters play in the mid will take away from brayshaw, cerra and serongs development.
I don't think Walters is better forward, I think he is better in the midfield - where he was All Australian playing mostly midfield.

His ball use would be preferred going inside fifty, in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep the 3 Talls. Need to work on the 3 smalls.

Yeah this. I do like Hogan moving up the group giving an option on the lead, I think it really helps us even if he's marking it at halfway not in the 50.

Schultz, been decent. Frederick thereabouts. Walters more of a HFF really now. Crowden the same. Need Sturt in plus a quality small forward to really top it off. Henry isn't that player. Others will have seen more but watching him last year he was more of a wing/HFF than an outright small forward.

Honestly I think it isn't so much the personnel down there though. It's a combination of:
-Slow movement allows the opposition to set up more easily behind the ball
-Forwards either too static or not co-ordinated (see: Tabs/Hogan plus Schultz at FF)
-Mids picking weird options either on the basis of coaching instructions or because everyone in the 50 is static and the best option is actually a bomb to the pocket.

For those that have Foxtel don't you love AFL360, they play Hardwicks'cs after match press conference in full and even ask him about biking in the mountains and then they show about 90 seconds of JL's conference before switching to a replay of the GF announcement. How disrespectful.

I don't think Walters is better forward, I think he is better in the midfield - where he was All Australian playing mostly midfield.

His ball use would be preferred going inside fifty, in my opinion.

I think he was great down there under Lyon but didn't prosper this year. Seemed yo go missing early on. I could be wrong and quite frankly, we have the rest of the season to work it out being as we're not in finals contention.

But we are in desperate need of small forwards. Schultz I like but he's average, Matera doesn't have a great attitude and Henry needs game time.

When I saw it, I thought he was looking up at the screen which had vision on him and he was being hard on himself. If that "F-U" was directed at anyone but himself, then that's terribly poor. He's in no position to blame anyone but himself for the garbage he's dished up all year.
Walters reads this post and fakes head high 😝

If kicking the ball inside 50 to the oppostion defenders was the aim of the game we'd be premiers. Other than that good hit out. They flooded our forward line then slungshot to the other end which was wide open. Hogan's game was a great sign, got involved from the get go, he and Tabs will cause headaches going forward. Serong was back to his best.

Only watched the last quarter, boy did we look knackered. Just could not run with them that last 8 minutes. Any turnover became an inside 50 for Richmond & you cannot blame the players for struggling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back