List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I think cox is just an honest trier. I don’t think he suits the way we play, and he’s not good enough to make it worth our time to change our system. I don’t see that he would come here to be depth.

I’m not sure what he will do though, he would be a very very bad fit in the crows backline next to talia and mcasey. Would be better suited forward for them and I don’t think he’s much more than a make up the numbers forward.

we do need to target a key defender but either a standout first 22 guy clearly better than clurey and Mackenzie, and I don’t think one is available, or a draftee / kid that can develop into a replacement for Jonas. Hopefully in 2021 pasini and Grundy put their hands up at least as possible injury replacements.
You don't think honest triers suit the way we play and select?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cox is just not good enough. Simple as that. There is a reason he is in an out of that average freo team so often.

Darcy Moore on the other hand, I would throw absolutely everything at him. It’s hard to believe he is 203cm and moves like that.

Cox is just not good enough. Simple as that. There is a reason he is in an out of that average freo team so often.

Darcy Moore on the other hand, I would throw absolutely everything at him. It’s hard to believe he is 203cm and moves like that.

Not just him but you would have to trade 2 first rounders which we do not have.

You don't think honest triers suit the way we play and select?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep. Tom Jonas, Tom Clurey, and Trent McKenzie say hi.

some fair underrating of the ability of those guys right there. I wouldn’t pick cox over any of them this year.

I just don’t think cox is coming here to be depth and I’m not picking him over those three, and if the goal is to find a guy to partner with clurey for life after Jonas I don’t think cox is the right fit next to clurey and I think we should set the bar higher.

If depth is what we are looking for go after petty, who will cost less and likely be willing to move without a promise of first 22. Or just back in Grundy and pasini next year.

if it’s a player to develop post Jonas then we should aim higher, and be looking at either the draft or someone like Ballard who’s ceiling could be higher and be a much better fit (but getting him out might not happen and 2021 would be the earliest chance)

It would appear that for the foreseeable future all our f/s & nga will not be key position players who we may have to trade for.

2021 - Jace Burgoyne
2021 - Will Francou
2021 - Tex Wanganeen
2022 - Harper Montgomery
2023 - Oliver Francou

Jeremy Finlayson is the way to go I think
Some people forget he was a defender before going forward and kicking quite a few goals
We could use him like a Westhoff kind of player down back against tall forward lines and up front in the other games to push opposition defences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Finlayson is the way to go I think
Some people forget he was a defender before going forward and kicking quite a few goals
We could use him like a Westhoff kind of player down back against tall forward lines and up front in the other games to push opposition defences

Would prefer Finlayson over Cox but I don't think there's a lot of players who'd replace what Westhoff has done throughout his career. Would think he'd be a KPD who goes forward for impact if we got him.

If depth is what we are looking for go after petty, who will cost less and likely be willing to move without a promise of first 22. Or just back in Grundy and pasini next year.

if it’s a player to develop post Jonas then we should aim higher, and be looking at either the draft or someone like Ballard who’s ceiling could be higher and be a much better fit (but getting him out might not happen and 2021 would be the earliest chance)
Ballard - yes thanks.

Would prefer Finlayson over Cox but I don't think there's a lot of players who'd replace what Westhoff has done throughout his career. Would think he'd be a KPD who goes forward for impact if we got him.

i know right all those final series he’s delivered us over his journey

We shouldnt take Academy prospects as certain they will land here from next year. They want to take away the ability to match bids in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Wouldn’t it just be better to bring in a tile that, if bid on with a first you need to match with a First ? Maybe even a pick within 5 picks of that bid ?

Wouldn’t it just be better to bring in a tile that, if bid on with a first you need to match with a First ? Maybe even a pick within 5 picks of that bid ?
Yea I like that. Have to match with a 1st rounder or go into 1st round deficit for however long it takes to repay.

Some serious allegations about young Taylor from Sydney if true you can forget about ever getting him to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back