Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you going to watch a game or just look at results and make outlandish claims to feel validated?

It’s mainly Freo supporters posting in this thread grasping for comfort likes.

But after watching Freo’s past three games my opinion is the still the same. I’d be buoyed by the list they’ve put together, but their actual game style needs to be drastically improved.

Are scorned Freo supporters going to bump this thread every time they win a game against a rubbish team?

Still only kicked 6 goals for the whole game, and could’ve easily lost if not for Melbourne’s ineptness.

It’s the same story as most weeks - young guns everywhere, huge potential, but a seriously bleak game style that’s going to need a serious revamp in the off-season if they’re going to be pushing for finals in 2021.
The only one scorned is you champ.

It’s mainly Freo supporters posting in this thread grasping for comfort likes.

But after watching Freo’s past three games my opinion is the still the same. I’d be buoyed by the list they’ve put together, but their actual game style needs to be drastically improved.

No one doubts this. Starting a flogish thread like this when the bloke is 1 year in during the most compromised season since the 40's on a first year coach is just attention seeking dribble.

He's not Mark Neeld.

I have voiced my concerns over our inability to score, I at least watch our games.

If we had shown nothing or were getting flogged by 100pts each week you'd have a leg to stand on.

The fact you started it without watching us or even knowing that Luke Ryan was playing as an undersized KPD is bizzare.

Going to preface by saying I’ve seen maybe 3-4 games in total, but has anything changed from last year under Ross Lyon?

Still seem ultra-defensive, can’t create play through the middle of the ground and seem to be treading water through another season.

Granted they have gone through a minor rebuild I thought they’d be far advanced than what they’re showing.

Thoughts?
My thought would be that you're not watching enough Freo games. Definitely a difference in play. It'll take time that's all.

On SM-T835 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo won 9 games last year. They were decent.

This year had been positive considering they have had to do it without Pearce Hamling and Logue.

Not sure why you feel the need to be an arsehole about that.

All that has changed is the commentators have been more upbeat.
Keep watching your beloved Sydney and don't comment on my team, because based on that remark, you're about astute a judge as Trump is a multiculturalist!

No one doubts this. Starting a flogish thread like this when the bloke is 1 year in during the most compromised season since the 40's on a first year coach is just attention seeking dribble.

He's not Mark Neeld.

I have voiced my concerns over our inability to score, I at least watch our games.

If we had shown nothing or were getting flogged by 100pts each week you'd have a leg to stand on.

The fact you started it without watching us or even knowing that Luke Ryan was playing as an undersized KPD is bizzare.

You’ve misread completely. The thread was designed to look at Fremantle and evaluate how they are tracking with their new coach. From a statistical point of view they’re still 17th for points scored.

I was upfront in saying I hadn’t seen much of Freo this season, which has prompted me to watch a bit more and my opinion has largely stayed the same. I’m impressed by their list, but have question marks over the adoption and development of the game style.

JLO might not be the next Mark Neeld, but he could easily be the next Brendan Bolton or Alan Richardson or Brendan McCartney. That is exactly what these kinds of threads are designed to look at: is JLO a career senior coach or a free hit until the next best option opens up?

I’m not sure why Freo supporters are suspecting malicious intent? There’s never been any vitriol directed towards Freo.

Way to go dockers great to see that they are on the right track. Serong cerra Brayshaw developing nicely. young Henry Logue to also get a chance next year. Pearce and Hamling to come back. Key forwards tabs and Hogan with Lobb drifting in the cream on top of all this Walters Fyfe and Mundy who is still on top of his game don't be surprised if they are a top 6 side next year

Great comeback muscles.
Just like your overhyped ,overrated but continually underperformed side , you got ahead of yourself.

Obviously Still on cloud 9 from the blooze last gasp lucky win over freo, followed by the assumption your team would roll the pies the following week and that your perennial bottom dwelling club was finallygoing to play finals ,like a true arrogant Carl tank supporter you got all puffy and thought you d make this thread for just a bit more self validation...

Only problem was your feeble club resorted straight back to its true self and got rolled by the pies followed by another equally weak effort against GWS and will miss finals yet again.

So deal with it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve misread completely. The thread was designed to look at Fremantle and evaluate how they are tracking with their new coach. From a statistical point of view they’ve still 17th for points scored.

I was upfront in saying I hadn’t seen much of Freo this season, which has prompted me to watch a bit more and my opinion has largely stayed the same. I’m impressed by their list, but have question marks over the adoption and development of the game style.

JLO might not be the next Mark Neeld, but he could easily be the next Brendan Bolton or Alan Richardson or Brendan McCartney. That is exactly what these kinds of threads are designed to look at: is JLO a career senior coach or a free hit until the next best option opens up?

I’m not sure why Freo supporters are suspecting malicious intent? There’s never been any vitriol directed towards Freo.
I'm not a psychic, but I suspect these two statements are poignant, in relation to creating resentment from opposition fans. Your entire dissection of our plight is ill-informed, as you have not viewed a great enough sample size, nor have you taken in to account the fact that the players and staff are now being exposed to a newly-forged game plan, under less than ideal training conditions. You're also assuming that the "Teague Train" is not a reincarnation of Brendan Bolton, and the jury is still out on that notion... Oh, and just a hint, opposition supporters tend to become aggressive, when the supporter of a team that has literally rebuilt more times than the Roman Empire, and failed to achieve anything for over a decade, decides to "non maliciously" commentate on their beloved team.

Just like your overhyped ,overrated but continually underperformed side , you got ahead of yourself.

Obviously Still on cloud 9 from the blooze last gasp lucky win over freo, followed by the assumption your team would roll the pies the following week and that your perennial bottom dwelling club was finallygoing to play finals ,like a true arrogant Carl tank supporter you got all puffy and thought you d make this thread for just a bit more self validation...

Only problem was your feeble club resorted straight back to its true self and got rolled by the pies followed by another equally weak effort against GWS and will miss finals yet again.

So deal with it .

This thread has nothing to do with Carlton.

If you want to comment on their form and development there are plenty of threads on the subject.

I'm not a psychic, but I suspect these two statements are poignant, in relation to creating resentment from opposition fans. Your entire dissection of our plight is ill-informed, as you have not viewed a great enough sample size, nor have you taken in to account the fact that the players and staff are now being exposed to a newly-forged game plan, under less than ideal training conditions. You're also assuming that the "Teague Train" is not a reincarnation of Brendan Bolton, and the jury is still out on that notion... Oh, and just a hint, opposition supporters tend to become aggressive, when the supporter of a team that has literally rebuilt more times than the Roman Empire, and failed to achieve anything for over a decade, decides to "non maliciously" commentate on their beloved team.

This is exactly the issue with the main board. Posters fixate on the club you support, rather than actually want to engage in discussion about a club and coach. So much is put down to insecure supporters making cheap shots to generate easy likes.

I’ve commented plenty on David Teague both on the main board and on our own board, and my message has been that I’m unconvinced by his coaching. This thread isn’t about him though.

This is exactly the issue with the main board. Posters fixate on the club you support, rather than actually want to engage in discussion about a club and coach. So much is put down to insecure supporters making cheap shots to generate easy likes.

I’ve commented plenty on David Teague both on the main board and on our own board, and my message has been that I’m unconvinced by his coaching. This thread isn’t about him though.
Engage in discussions all you want (as we all do), just be ready to eat humble pie occasionally.

This thread has nothing to do with Carlton.

If you want to comment on their form and development there are plenty of threads on the subject.
No need ,I just have😉

whilst not fooling anybody , it is still a thread up for discussion so..

Yes granted team is still struggling to manufacture any coherent forward structure , however taking out the obvious (first year coach and unable to train as whole group all year amongst others) jlo has repeatedly brought this issue up , even after our wins like he did again tonight.

He’s specifically mentioned not only trying to focus on it last couple weeks and to finish the season but as a big focus next pre season.

So whilst saying the right things it’s ultimately the teams actions that will speak loudest(being a carlton supporter I’m sure you understand this point better than most) and the proof, along with a better ability to judge his performance should be made next season

Freo have a hell lot to like about their side going forward, I think.

Spine is injury-prone but if they can get it right it should be quality with Pearce, Hamling and Logue (plus Cox in reserve) down back and Tabener, Hogan and Lobb up forward. Darcy seems like a genuine weapon in the ruck. Onball combo of Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong has the potential to get to Fyfe, Mundy, Neale tier. Love Hayden Young and Sam Sturt's potential if they stay fit, and Henry and Frederick seem promising too. Ryan's still only mid 20's, Fyfe and Walters should still be great for the next 3 or so years, Mundy looks ageless and there's a few quality roleplayers like Tucker, Aish, Acres, Wilson, Conca and Duman.

Think Longmuir's gonna be a fantastic coach too. Good times going forward.

To go back to the OP's original thoughts - as a Freo fan, I'm pretty upbeat about our direction of travel.

I wasn't convinced with Longmuir at his appointment but been very impressed with the development of the young players and the progress since we lost our first four. Ross Lyon loved the older types and it meant we relied too much on Walters, Fyfe, Mundy and Brad Hill in seasons past.

I love Longmuir backing in Cerra, Brayshaw, Ryan, Cox, Darcy, Serong, Fredrick etc this year. They have all come on leaps and bounds and I think it's been because they've been trusted and backed-in to their best positions. Yes, Fyfe in the middle during the Carlton match may have got us four points, but the development of the young players long term is more important IMO.

Additionally, we're consistent with how we play and structure up. It's clear what our game style is which was non-existent in the final years under Lyon. Yes, the forwards half needs improvement but overall I'm really happy with our progress so far.

Are scorned Freo supporters going to bump this thread every time they win a game against a rubbish team?

Still only kicked 6 goals for the whole game, and could’ve easily lost if not for Melbourne’s ineptness.

It’s the same story as most weeks - young guns everywhere, huge potential, but a seriously bleak game style that’s going to need a serious revamp in the off-season if they’re going to be pushing for finals in 2021.
OK king of Carltank 😁

Darcy Tucker, Sturt, Liam Henry & hayden young all are or are game to be a graders next season along with half the back line being injured at the mo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back