Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh went at 29.5 disposals a game and 4.5 tackles, while Phillips went at 22.1 disposals and 4.0 tackles.

EDIT: Rowell went at 19.5 disposals and 5.5 tackles.

The Walsh - Phillips comparison is a little chalk & cheese.

One is very much outside and the other inside.

The Rowell comparison is a better one.

Lions recruiting boss names his top 5 prospects

8:20 - Who are the five contenders for this year's No.1 pick?

JUH, Elijah Hollands, Logan McDonald, DGB, Riley Thilthorpe

Given the amount of high draft picks it will produce, is it fair to say that Oakleigh team was the best of all time? Phillips, Rowell, Anderson, Bianco, JUH, Macrae, Laurie and McInnes is a pretty incredible amount of talent. Ugle-Hagan is a fanatastic prospect, but you have to wonder a little about him having the best NAB League midfield of all time delivering it to him.

The other team that comes to mind is the 2017 Sandringham side that had both Max King, Ben King, Bailey Smith, Will Walker, Joel Crocker, Charlie Constable, Angus Brayshaw, Hamish Brayshaw, Joel Amartey and Hayden McLean.

While a lot of people on this board and im one of them would love to hear Phillips name called out at 2 i just dont see it happening, if we were at pick 4 or 5 i could see it happening just not at 2. Fully expect McDonalds/Hollands name to be called out, McDonald if Brown goes, Hollands if he stays. DGB wont be an option with Corr coming now i believe.

I like the look of Jake Bowey tape Giantroo uploaded on Patreon. A couple of turnovers but genrally used the ball well and seemed to get to the outside well.

His Dad was ok for a midget as well.
Yeah, me too. He could be a real value later pick. Small, but can play for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While a lot of people on this board and im one of them would love to hear Phillips name called out at 2 i just dont see it happening, if we were at pick 4 or 5 i could see it happening just not at 2. Fully expect McDonalds/Hollands name to be called out, McDonald if Brown goes, Hollands if he stays. DGB wont be an option with Corr coming now i believe.

If we truely want Phillips trading down a spot or two might be a real option.

Right I want the Bulldogs first pick, they aint going to need it.
How we achieve the good people? This is a wonderful opportunity for us.
Why do people think the Dogs won't need their first pick?

If JUH gets a bid in the top 3, I would think they would need it to match.

Otherwise their first rounder could slide way too much next year.

Plus, I thought the rules were changes so clubs just don't load up on later picks?
Don't you need to take in the same amount of draft picks as list spots available?

If they wanted him they would just take him at 2 just like freo did with brayshaw which snared us LDU. Phillips in this draft is all over the place on peoples boards, trade period will shed some light on who will get picked im sure.

Why do people think the Dogs won't need their first pick?

If JUH gets a bid in the top 3, I would think they would need it to match.

Otherwise their first rounder could slide way too much next year.

Plus, I thought the rules were changes so clubs just don't load up on later picks?
Don't you need to take in the same amount of draft picks as list spots available?
As it stands they have pick 11, which is worth 1329 points. *'s R2 is currently 24, worth 785 and our R3 is pick 38, worth 465. So our R2 + R3 are already worth more than their R1. It should be pretty easy to make it worthwhile for them. Of course every other team will realise this too. Not sure what the limitations are on swapping for late picks and whether academy and F/S picks push everyone below's points value down.

I see Sydney as the only viable trading partner, whilst maintaining a Hollands/Phillips pick, then who knows what Clarkson would do?

I certainly wouldn't trust his word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back