List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

I was surprised to find Preuss is only 25 and has played 15 games. Wtf.

He does throw his weight around a bit, and I think we need more of that in our side, so I’m not opposed to looking at him.

I was surprised to find Preuss is only 25 and has played 15 games. Wtf.

He does throw his weight around a bit, and I think we need more of that in our side, so I’m not opposed to looking at him.
Haven't really watched him play, probably a few games. From recollection small tank as opposed to BB whose petrol light hardly ever comes on. Happy to be corrected on that though.

TARGETS!!!!!

TRADE AND FA TARGETS!!!!!

LIKE THE ONE ON MY ******* HEAD!!!!
It's that time of year again, strap yourself in.

Last edited:
How about Zac Fisher from the baggers? Teague has tried to turn him into a small forward which I don't think he's particularly thrilled about. Would complement Smith really well on a wing imo and can go inside for the odd centre bounce too...

Like him a lot. He's really clean and skillful, so we could do a lot worse.

Sounds like he’s struggling to find a spot in a side screaming out for runners. No thanks.

Not struggling at all. Been injured for parts of the year. I think it was his first game back that he kicked 3 goals in the first half.

Would be absolutely thrilled to have him. Very similar to Wingard but actually looks like he wants to give 100% at every contest and every sprint effort. Just a bit injury prone with his slight frame.

In terms of Aidan Corr, I don't mind the interest but he's not solving any big issues down back. Provided he's not too expensive he'd be a nice addition.

Preuss on the other hand... not sure he's suited to the workrate expected of a Hawthorn ruckman. Doesn't have much of a tank. Then again, probably worth having a ruck that isn't 30 or on the wrong side of it.

We're screaming out for versatility through the middle of the ground, how we fill that will be interesting.

HAWTHORN EMERGE TO LEAD THE RACE FOR CAMERON'S SIGNATURE
I’ve heard from sources that we were leading the race earlier this morning, but Cats have now pulled ahead. Pies and North not far behind. We may inch our noses back in front by the late afternoon if we’re lucky. Pies likely to finish the day in front however. More to come.

No stop-gap measures please (Corr, Aitkins etc)

Grab a gun free agent that will give us 5+ great years (which means opening up the cheque book) and load up with talented kids and grow them together

Any trade is for a player under 25 who isn’t getting regular games at a stronger club who we see value in (Impey, Scrimshaw etc)

We are the oldest list in the AFL and sit 3rd last, we have more than enough experience to guide the new kids

[
On paper Fischer is something we need. A quick runner with good ball usage & goal sense who has the flexibility to be a small forward or outside wing. I remember being very impressed with him previously. What exactly is gating him this year?
The wind is gating him... he's so soft it keeps blowing him down... Scully-like.

Respectively disagree regarding Preuss. Tall yes.. but what else? Hasn't made it at 2 clubs where he had every opportunity.
Gawn and Goldstein ahead of him.

Not sure that he had “every opportunity”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn and Goldstein ahead of him.

Not sure that he had “every opportunity”.
His decision to go to Melbourne was genuinely odd. He's not a star but he's 25, aggressive and better than Ceglar. He's spent his career learning from the two best ruckmen in the game. He's never had the opportunity to be number 1 ruck. I'd like us to go after him.

Except that McEvoy is not being used as a ruckman anymore and has maybe 2 years max left in him. Ceglar is hopeless and Reeves isn't ready. We need someone to be our number 1 ruck for the next 4 years or so.
Nailed it. It's a pressing need. I can't imagine how our midfield would look with first use, week in week out.

Except that McEvoy is not being used as a ruckman anymore and has maybe 2 years max left in him. Ceglar is hopeless and Reeves isn't ready. We need someone to be our number 1 ruck for the next 4 years or so.
Regardless how we try to re-categorise them & especially on an aged & reduced list, 4x Ruckmen is too many.

My point wasn't to avoid bringing in another Ruckman, it was too do whatever we can to clear the list of Ruckmen that aren't going to contribute.

Regardless how we try to re-categorise them & especially on an aged & reduced list, 4x Ruckmen is too many.
Sure, but the answer to that is not to have 0 AFL quality ruckmen (presuming McEvoy is not to be used in the role). If it means moving others along (believe they are contracted though), so be it. But someone who can be a lead ruck for the next few seasons is needed.

If McEvoy can’t or won’t play as the number 1 ruckman due to his body being managed then he needs to retire

He is no KPD

If anything he should have been used as a key forward, he is our best contested mark, but Clarko won’t play him there, so it’s ruck or retire

Nailed it. It's a pressing need. I can't imagine how our midfield would look with first use, week in week out.

Someone with some physical strength and someone that doesn’t take a backward step and you will see our mids grow an extra leg.

Having our starting ruck not prepared to jump at contests and not looking at the ball
should be addressed.

If McEvoy can’t or won’t play as the number 1 ruckman due to his body being managed then he needs to retire

He is no KPD

If anything he should have been used as a key forward, he is our best contested mark, but Clarko won’t play him there, so it’s ruck or retire
Agree. On borrowed time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back