List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

If McEvoy can’t or won’t play as the number 1 ruckman due to his body being managed then he needs to retire

He is no KPD

If anything he should have been used as a key forward, he is our best contested mark, but Clarko won’t play him there, so it’s ruck or retire
100% mate.

We're fascinated with kicking long to a pack at HFF: that's where he should've been playing - make the opposition split their forces.

We had BigBoy at KPD, so the opposition ruckman just went with Cegs & they had us covered. Had Big Boy been a marking target at HFF, Cegs could stand anywhere but HFF & the opposition Ruckman would have to choose which to cover, leaving the other free (Cegs in the corridor, for example) & creating a mismatch.

Small forwards crumb off BB & send it forward or Half-backs press up & get fed off the marking Cegs as they run past for the handball.

Of course, we didn't do any of that...

We must've really, really wanted Pick 3????

If McEvoy can’t or won’t play as the number 1 ruckman due to his body being managed then he needs to retire

He is no KPD

If anything he should have been used as a key forward, he is our best contested mark, but Clarko won’t play him there, so it’s ruck or retire
Really?

Almost every game he played in that position, I had him well and truly up there with Sicily and Frost as our best defenders. He was caught out very rarely, and lead with intercept marks in many games. I know it's a weird look, but he was well and truly not embarrassed and provided great pinch-hitting in the ruck, and just overall a great utility.

The club are clearly trying to preserve his body, and there's no one he's keeping out of the team in that position.

Really?

Almost every game he played in that position, I had him well and truly up there with Sicily and Frost as our best defenders. He was caught out very rarely, and lead with intercept marks in many games. I know it's a weird look, but he was well and truly not embarrassed and provided great pinch-hitting in the ruck, and just overall a great utility.

The club are clearly trying to preserve his body, and there's no one he's keeping out of the team in that position.

McEvoy in defence isn't to blame for the failings of our midfield, I agree. It quite often became procession out of the midfield for teams that played against us this year and that's where we fell apart.

No one can defend the diabolical entries we allowed far too often throughout this season.

Is anyone else hearing about how many players are looking to get out of GWS? And then their stupid remark about players leaving, a lot of noise around issues at the moment, just a guess but I think every player not locked is gettable in the 21-24 age bracket.

With the huge signings they made and some lesser knowns looking to leave I actually think the cogs deal may end up back firing massively for them.

Is anyone else hearing about how many players are looking to get out of GWS? And then their stupid remark about players leaving, a lot of noise around issues at the moment, just a guess but I think every player not locked is gettable in the 21-24 age bracket.

With the huge signings they made and some lesser knowns looking to leave I actually think the cogs deal may end up back firing massively for them.
As soon as their season is over, perhaps in a few days, those wanting to get out will make noise.
Hope we've got a keen eye on those developments.

I hate seeing mcevoy down back when he is such a solid ruck and ceglar is being towelled. They said big boys body couldn’t hack full time ruck. But big boy plus TOB would still be our best ruck option. I will grant clarko that big boy down back looked good for the (rare) times we were on top In the middle and Applying the hawks pressure game we saw late last year, ie the opposition was bombing it in under pressure. But as soon as the oppo had Some space and time they could spot up his man on a lead, or put it on the deck, and in both cases he had no chance. Both of which are more likely when ceglar is rucking, although I guess Most blame needs to fall on the Mids. So for mine next year big boy goes into the ruck, with part time ruck chop out. For the games he is too sore, ceglar comes in and we suck it up, waiting for reeves to come on, or a new first ruck to be recruited

McEvoy in defence isn't to blame for the failings of our midfield, I agree. It quite often became procession out of the midfield for teams that played against us this year and that's where we fell apart.

No one can defend the diabolical entries we allowed far too often throughout this season.

Really?

It won’t result in us playing finals

In fact, it resulted in us being less competitive in the middle, as we went with an inferior number 1 ruckman all year

Change it, or be easier to beat again, up to the coaches

In fact, it resulted in us being less competitive in the middle, as we went with an inferior number 1 ruckman all year

It also left us slow & very one-dimentional down back.

Not BigBoy's fault, just a s**t plan that didn't & was never going to work (compounded greatly by other silliness in every line).

Darcy Moore would be the mot obvious big name target. 24 (turning 25), good intercept marker and ball user. Would have to give up a lot for him. But he would be the ultimate player we would be after, and then probably another mid. I think Stephenson would be worth a crack as well from the Pies, think he has alot of potential and playing unhappy at the Pies.

So, have we been linked to anyone yet?
We have interest in Preuss and Corr according to RoughandLove.

There was also another name that escapes me.... Sier?

Darcy Moore would be the mot obvious big name target. 24 (turning 25), good intercept marker and ball user. Would have to give up a lot for him. But he would be the ultimate player we would be after, and then probably another mid. I think Stephenson would be worth a crack as well from the Pies, think he has alot of potential and playing unhappy at the Pies.
Zero chance of Moore. Zero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s all fine, but you’re saying BB should retire if he can only play defence. I think he more than contributes back there. Ultimately we need to find a better, more durable ruckman.

Wow, he's only 24? Guy is an absolute beast; has already perfected the art of attacking backman. He's huge and just doesn't get beaten - His rise in form has been astronomical.

We have interest in Preuss and Corr according to RoughandLove.

There was also another name that escapes me.... Sier?
Coming from RnL, that has merit.

Sier was touted very early.

Was there a link to Caldwell, or was that a media opinion piece rather than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back