Autopsy Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

In 28 seasons I've been supporting them I only remember tearing up one other time while watching the Saints. I was pretty cool tonight, then Steele's second goal tonight got me out of nowhere 😪 Some kind of year we're having!

He showed genuine emotion after that goal...even I felt it 12000 miles away. Great stuff.

Just woke up and honestly it still feels surreal that we're playing finals after so long! Last time we played finals I was in Year 7, and now I've almost finished my Uni degree. Gotta say, was pretty nervous after that first quarter, but the boys went out there and absolutely smashed it. Love this team so damn much, I'm definitely sensing a flag from this group very soon.

It’s been a long time..

Listen to that song...

Tear up watching this. More than a footy club this place. It's family.

That's 9 long years of emotion spilling out in 30 seconds. Beautiful seeing the whole club sing the song.

Lonies tackle on Williams for Paddys goal, bloody brilliant.
He was like one of those little terriers nipping your bloody ankles wherever you went last night, was glad he was rewarded with a couple of his own goals.
Vital player. Always been on him which probably weighs him down. I could get black cavier beaten.

Ryder is a freak, I was not expecting this player

Cheeky back heel out of the ruck contest to Sinclair was intentional

So aggressive at everything, plays with heart

Love the bloke

I knew he could play I just couldn't see how he wouldn't stall Roma's progress. He's turned them into an incredible duo instead. The guy is quiet and humble off field but plays like a demon when there is something to play for. Port were nuts for letting him go and bringing Lycett in to play predominantly in the ruck. It's like replacing a magnum with a water pistol.

Watching the replay 1st qtr, my god even though the Giants beat us at clearances they sure overuse the ball. They think everything is a training run.

All sizzle no sausage with them.

Hunter Clark very good that qtr. Didn't notice his output.
Battle's goal underrated.
Paton beating Greene.
Long caved in Rieds ribs with a well placed knee in the contest.

I'll watch to see who went to Coniglio after qtr time. Ross maybe?

Yes Paton possibly another underrated contribution last night. Greene was a non-factor

Also after a decade with no recognisable face of our club we’ve got two poster boys Steel and Marshall
With Clark and king waiting in the wings

Steele is so like Lenny Hayes it's scary, just got the quiet humble guy thing down pat, no real party tricks just an absolute warrior. It will take other supporters a while to catch on but plays footy like you love it to be played. Hard, brutal but fair.

Marshall is still working out how good he can be. He's still got scope to be a superstar of the AFL, he's played 50 games and just starting his ascent. Last year he looked like a guy who had just found out he had super powers for the first time. He might be that super star I've been wanting.

I find it a real head-scratcher as to why it took until last week to finally get Hunter into the midfield, but damn am I glad we did.

A midfield rotation in the coming years of Roma/Paddy, Steele, Clark, Jones, Gresham, Hanners (?), Ross, Bytel, Hill, Billings, Sincs and hopefully a Caldwell/Williams looks likely to be far from shabby and bats very very deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was so good last night, his leadership and experience is huge for us
It’s been huge the entire season.
More often than not he has been involved in important moments within games.
He’s a serious big time player, and at least at the moment Dougal is the steak knives in that deal.

Lonies tackle on Williams for Paddys goal, bloody brilliant.
He was like one of those little terriers nipping your bloody ankles wherever you went last night, was glad he was rewarded with a couple of his own goals.
Lonie was super last night, if he could play 3 to 4 games out 5 like that he would never be dropped

Steele is so like Lenny Hayes it's scary, just got the quiet humble guy thing down pat, no real party tricks just an absolute warrior. It will take other supporters a while to catch on but plays footy like you love it to be played. Hard, brutal but fair.

Marshall is still working out how good he can be. He's still got scope to be a superstar of the AFL, he's played 50 games and just starting his ascent. Last year he looked like a guy who had just found out he had super powers for the first time. He might be that super star I've been wanting.
Thought he was in best 3 last night But it could have been a great game. Just wasn’t quite on with his marking. He is a potential star for sure. So good in close for a big guy.

I find it a real head-scratcher as to why it took until last week to finally get Hunter into the midfield, but damn am I glad we did.

A midfield rotation in the coming years of Roma/Paddy, Steele, Clark, Jones, Gresham, Hanners (?), Ross, Bytel, Hill, Billings, Sincs and hopefully a Caldwell/Williams looks likely to be far from shabby and bats very very deep.
He looks like he just belongs there now, maybe his fitness?

He was so good last night, his leadership and experience is huge for us

He’s played three but never won a final.
What an inspired recruit - he bloody deserves one. As do we.

Just woke up and honestly it still feels surreal that we're playing finals after so long! Last time we played finals I was in Year 7, and now I've almost finished my Uni degree. Gotta say, was pretty nervous after that first quarter, but the boys went out there and absolutely smashed it. Love this team so damn much, I'm definitely sensing a flag from this group very soon.
My mum would have been pleased.

Last year when she was in palliative care she was asleep when we listened together how we beat the blues. She passed aware the next week.

She would have been most proud of the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back