Autopsy Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Winx needs to get back to goal kicking practice with roughie.

It's great that he's getting a look but… you need to take your chances against good sides.

The last 4 games he's kicked 2 goals from 12 shots on goal.
Quite a lot of those shots have been quick snaps and dribbled bananas from the boundary line and so-on though. While he looked absolutely buggered after one of his missed set shots last night.

Whoever it is, they will be very stiff after last night let's say that much. I think think Kent is the obvious one

Looked like his marking was back last night. Hopefully another two weeks with Roughie and he'll get his goalkicking back too.
Will they play only 2 smalls for the first time this year? I can’t see it happening but I also aren’t sure who goes out before kent.

They were amazing!
I loved the woman with the sign which said “cheering for all the Victorian Saints.”
Don’t know if any of you guys were there, but I’m betting the team felt the love in a big way. Great work by the Qld fans.
How good was that sign loved it

will be a very tough call on who goes out for Jones unless there are injuries. The whole team played very well yesterday. I cant think of anyone who played badly. Billings could play better, but didn't play badly. You would want more out of 1 of your wingers tho.

For team balance I think we may be carrying 1 too many small to medium defenders.

He's a bloody ripper.

He's actually the one that I reckon will be our "next Lenny", although Steele is obviously giving it a good shake as well!
Was a dam good draft Clark. Coffield and Paton

Winx needs to get back to goal kicking practice with roughie.

It's great that he's getting a look but… you need to take your chances against good sides.

The last 4 games he's kicked 2 goals from 12 shots on goal.

He's a tease at the moment, you can see what he is going to be. He rips down marks when he's up the ground but over thinks them close to goal, he will settle down eventually and be a weapon. You want more from him and have to remember where he is in his career. He's way ahead of my expectations for him but I still keep getting frustrated that he can't do it all already. He's so close to just ripping a game apart on his own. I feel like Roughy is the Winx whisperer, he seems to play better with Roughy around.

More broadly with the All /Australian team to be announced on Thursday who do we think will be named in the 40

Steele - Lock surely for the team
Butler - a chance for the team

Jones -
Wilkie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Kent was okay last night (and I always think Hind should play over Kent).

Horses for courses but not sure Jake has a matchup against collingwoods forward line.

Kent was huge early, he pulled in some really strong marks. He faded out but looked like he was switched on when the game was in the balance still.

Obviously completely different players but if we play the pies who does Carlisle go to? By the way I’m a huge Carlisle fan but I just see a match up

Neither do I to be honest...It's a little harder for me to guage things from where I am...but Jesus, dropping Carlisle after a big win for finals, and throwing him out for the finals, is pretty bleak. Kent is a candidate...but I'm going on prior form rather than last night. Let's see how Hanners goes over the next week or so.

Thought Kent was okay last night (and I always think Hind should play over Kent).

Horses for courses but not sure Jake has a matchup against collingwoods forward line.

That's ok because it means he can patrol space and free up Long and Coff like he did tonight.

Smake played on Cameron inside 50 but when Jez went up the ground looking for a kick we just held our 6 and he blocked Finlayons and Riccardi's run.

Play him on Mihochek and when he is up on the win we have Snake as the extra defender to block Cox's space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back