Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 10: Las Vegas Bears vs Sin City Swamprats at The Stadium In The Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm the leagues form full forward, and just 3 goals off top spot in the Fred :cool:
The odds of a Rats Fred (SarahSmiles) / Mobbs (ant555) double are shortening by the week.

I just had a job interview over the phone. It was a bit of an ambush to be honest.

Stooge: what are your skills?
me: technically proficient (ramble); communication (ramble); leadership (ramble).
Stooge: Anything else, you need to sell yourself here.
me: (mind goes blank, silence, trying to think)
Stooge: Well, I'm looking at your CV and you've listed project and people management, so would you say project management?
me: Absolutely (ramble)...thinking: look dickhead, you've called me out of the blue and you have my CV sitting in front of you so how about you just join the ******* dots you complete campaigner!

Okay what is this crap and where is my Milky Bar chocolate milk?
I'm awaiting Boost Milk now

Would it make a difference if it was Adelaide water?
I mean that would be the same as playing in mud that yelled at you for not going to church

For those wondering how my day at work is going:

Twitch ******* updated so their ads get around uBlock so stuck watching these campaignering 30 second unskippables. So work ******* sucks ass

I just had a job interview over the phone. It was a bit of an ambush to be honest.

me: technically proficient (ramble); communication (ramble); leadership (ramble).
Stooge: Well, I'm looking at your CV and you've listed project and people management, so would you say project management?
me: Absolutely (ramble)...thinking: look dickhead, you've called me out of the blue and you have my CV sitting in front of you so how about you just join the ******* dots you complete campaigner!

Yeah no that's on you. It's one thing to write a cookie cutter resume. It's another thing to talk to a person and sell yourself. The resume is to tell people you could do the job. The interview is to convince them you should have the job and they will regret saying no.

Yeah no that's on you. It's one thing to wtite a cookie cutter resume. It's another thing to talk to a person and sell yourself. The resume is to tell people you could do the job. The interview is to convince them you should have the job and they will regret saying no.
I got my current job because my personality fitted in with the team more than the other person who was ultimately more qualified to do the job

Job interview phone calls when you aren't expecting them are the worst. I had several waking me up at like 8:30 in the morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did that come across through talking to them? I'm trying to say that complaining that the guy isn't reading a piece of paper misses the mark.
I believe so. I had to do 2 interviews, 1 video chat and the other phone call. I think they had my resume up on the video chat and probably the notes from the video on the phone call

This is a strange line :think:

Why does it look strange? :think::think:

Is it...

And yes, I have noticed that you have been doing it for several weeks ;)
Your mention of the Bears full back line reminds me of the fact that, if Port had recruited Wayne Carey at the end of his career, we could have had a half forward line of Carey Lade Stevens - how ironic.

I would have just hung up. If he calls back the job is yours. If he doesn't it never was :oops:

YouTube fills different needs than streams do. Streams are easier for background shenanigans and speedruns
Twitch's whole sell is that it's for gamers to stream their themselves playing games, whereas YouTube was created prior for Home Videos. But both now have increased activity due to covid, so why not cash in on it.

114960.jpg

So here comes a barrage of quotes and replies...

Thought the swamp rats were just one of the failed expansion bids

No no, you're mistaken. We're the Sin City Swamprats

To be fair though, we are carrying around some bloke called SarahSmiles who was part of the expansion crew. Good on him for throwing everything at winning a third flag with us before heading to Pennsylvania

Hmmm maybe a rebrand is in order I’ve done a few focus groups and the name swamp rats has come back as being un- appealing to some key demographic that could help in an uptick in member engagement

Ive gone through to trouble of doing the preliminary work on a new club identity

The Mooserats.

It’s fresh, it’s hip and the kids love it
I’ve even got a few mascot ideas for you to mull over
View attachment 972737View attachment 972738View attachment 972739

That final picture is a good idea for a costume for our mascot for the Holiday Party in a couple of months. Hopefully they're keen on the idea because I don't think it looks too bad. If we can scarce up a red nose too it'd be complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Back