Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets put it this way, there's not a player on Melbourne's list or draft picks of any kind that would make me or any Carlton supporter interested in our club trading Harry McKay.

Is that clear enough?

Whilst this thread is complete bs and I agree McKay is going nowhere and has a very bright future, if Carlton were offered Oliver or Petracca in a straight swap for McKay they’d do it.

Whilst this thread is complete bs and I agree McKay is going nowhere and has a very bright future, if Carlton were offered Oliver or Petracca in a straight swap for McKay they’d do it.
Petracca yes oliver no only because trac kicks goals. Mckay is our only real full forward hard to replace

Petracca yes oliver no only because trac kicks goals. Mckay is our only real full forward hard to replace

Straight trade for Petracca? Not without additional sweeteners. Much easier to find blokes like Petracca than it is McKay. When I see Petracca kick a left foot snap for goal from 50 metres out then you might have my interest

Straight trade for Petracca? Not without additional sweeteners. Much easier to find blokes like Petracca than it is McKay. When I see Petracca kick a left foot snap for goal from 50 metres out then you might have my interest
Just hypotheticals. Doubt anything happens

I mean if we want to get technical McKay is a left footer and Petracca already did that on his right foot against GWS. McKay has never kicked 30 goals in a season, he'll be a quality player but zero guarantees on him.

My club is crap but geez if you legitimately think McKay is worth more than Petracca in a trade you're parrot in disguise.

A highly rated KPF whos still quite young over a bloke whos had well documented application concerns over the years? Hes been excellent lately, but guys like McKay are rare as hens teeth. If Casboult would stay out of his bloody way youd see a much higher goal tally.

A highly rated KPF whos still quite young over a bloke whos had well documented application concerns over the years? Hes been excellent lately, but guys like McKay are rare as hens teeth. If Casboult would stay out of his bloody way youd see a much higher goal tally.

Application concern? Genuine mid/forwards are just as rare as quality KPFs. Petracca has become elite in his 6th season, that is pretty normal for a player of his type. Would have thought Carlton supporters would have learnt just like Melbourne supporters that potential means sweet fa

Youve got very strong opinions for a supporter of a club who finished a mere 2 spots higher than mine. Needless to say, I know that if a kick occurs well inside the 50 metre arc, then its not a 50 metre goal.
Petracca is definitely ahead of McKay atm but agree key forwards are harder to find. I think a straight swap would be about right for both clubs as both would fit a need

Petracca worth more on the open market, Mckay worth more to Carlton.

Our forward line is Mckay or bust at the moment, a healthy Charlie Curnow would help but we can only hope. Mcgov and Casboult will never be A grade spearheads and it means that Mckay is of more importance than most of our players.

If we didnt have Cripps then Petracca would be worth more but you can build an A grade midfield around Cripps without adding another superstar next to him, just some solid B+ types who can win the ball and let him push forward more freely like Richmond has around Dusty

Petracca worth more on the open market, Mckay worth more to Carlton.

Our forward line is Mckay or bust at the moment, a healthy Charlie Curnow would help but we can only hope. Mcgov and Casboult will never be A grade spearheads and it means that Mckay is of more importance than most of our players.

If we didnt have Cripps then Petracca would be worth more but you can build an A grade midfield around Cripps without adding another superstar next to him, just some solid B+ types who can win the ball and let him push forward more freely like Richmond has around Dusty

Not sure if a guy who is tracking below 50% in front of goal after 7 years in the system should be pushing forward. Cripps is a superstar but his finishing is a big problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if a guy who is tracking below 50% in front of goal after 7 years in the system should be pushing forward. Cripps is a superstar but his finishing is a big problem.
Sorry I'll tell Dusty and Dangerfield to stop pushing forward, cant accept their 49.2% and 45.9% accuracy in front of goal. Didn't seem to bother Cripps last year when he went for 38 and 4 vs the Lions. Even Petracca is 47% career average...🤡

Sorry I'll tell Dusty and Dangerfield to stop pushing forward, cant accept their 49.2% and 45.9% accuracy in front of goal. Didn't seem to bother Cripps last year when he went for 38 and 4 vs the Lions. Even Petracca is 47% career average...🤡

This post is a straight up lie LOL

Dusty 265.188
Dangerfield 294.228
Petracca 94.68
Cripps 54.64

This post is a straight up lie LOL

Dusty 265.188
Dangerfield 294.228
Petracca 94.68
Cripps 54.64
Dustin martin career totals according to the AFL website - Shots on goal: 536 Goals: 265 Behinds 188... you do the math and tell me if that checks out or if theres this thing called out on the full? Career average goal accuracy 49%.

Dusty still the highest of all those mentioned with Cripps being the worst but doesnt change the fact that he can kick goals as a midfielder so why wouldnt you push him forward?

Dustin martin career totals according to the AFL website - Shots on goal: 536 Goals: 265 Behinds 188... you do the math and tell me if that checks out or if theres this thing called out on the full? Career average goal accuracy 49%.

Dusty still the highest of all those mentioned with Cripps being the worst but doesnt change the fact that he can kick goals as a midfielder so why wouldnt you push him forward?

AFL tables m8

I reckon he missed at least 4 very gettable Captains goals this year.

it is an issue, he is borderline fraudulent under pressure.

I reckon he missed at least 4 very gettable Captains goals this year.

it is an issue, he is borderline fraudulent under pressure.
Probably has, but at full health he kicked 4 in a half of footy to bring a game back from the dead and kicked plenty of other captains goals through the year. He's looked as beat up as I've seen him this year and his kicking has been far from his best, if it persists next year in good health id start worrying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back