Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

After all the talk of ‘finals experience’ we now have more finals wins than the dogs have managed in the last 4 seasons, next week we’ll have also played in as many finals as they have managed in the last 4 seasons.

:)
Can we swap that for a grand final win. The way I look at next week is 21 of our players will have finals experience

Shook my head in disbelief last week at all the posters on here signing up for the Tim English Fan Club. I commented at the time how much a non-issue he would be. I hope you're still not worried about him, lol.

I've never seen a player get rag-dolled so often in one match. Every big bodied ruckman does the same to him. That's one guy in need of a huge pre-season.

Just watched a replay of the 2nd half and i'm still staggered that in an elimination final Q4 the umpires would pay those free kicks to Wallis and Daniel. Almost unheard of.

But enough of Q4, because Q3 i could watch over and over again :hearteyes:

Just watched a replay of the 2nd half and i'm still staggered that in an elimination final Q4 the umpires would pay those free kicks to Wallis and Daniel. Almost unheard of.

But enough of Q4, because Q3 i could watch over and over again :hearteyes:
Paddy in the 3rd mark & goal deep forward and the a clunk deep back

I liked the 4th quarter Coffield came good ;)

Huge loss. Never thought I’d say that.

At the start of the year Ryder said he wanted to go to St Kilda over Essendon because “walking through Moorabbin it had a sense of excitement”.

What he didn’t know at the time was that he WAS the excitement.

The umpires and the commentators may not have been kind to the Saints. But the cameraman must be a St Kilda supporter. He kept a tight shot on Bruce after the game almost all the way off the ground. It was like here’s Brucey, oh interview with Hanners, here’s more Brucey, oh here’s Geary and wait just a little more of sad sack leaving the ground.

Watching the replay - this caught my eye if anyone missed it
Clark...he's like a time machine ......amidst traffic, even when tackled he gives the perception that he can stretch the moment out and find the micro oppotunity ...even if its a funky magic right angled kick with no hands free to a comrade..just brilliant as said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the game again, my favourite moment in the match was in the third quarter at centre half back.

Paton takes possession with some Dogs right on his heels about to pounce. You can see he thinks to himself “fu** this, I’m going to back myself here”, takes a bounce and puts his foot down, accelerating away from the chasing pack.

This bit of play lead directly to the Butler goal that broke the back of the Bulldogs.

It is the sort of thing Ratts has tried to instill in this group all year: take the game on, play our way, don’t take the safe option and the rewards will come.

When the heat was on in the final, there was no player who epitomized this more than Ben Paton in this bit of play.

The kid is an absolute jet.

Swipe across to see the play. Brilliance.

Shook my head in disbelief last week at all the posters on here signing up for the Tim English Fan Club. I commented at the time how much a non-issue he would be. I hope you're still not worried about him, lol.

I've never seen a player get rag-dolled so often in one match. Every big bodied ruckman does the same to him. That's one guy in need of a huge pre-season.

It did look like he had a few kind words for Paddy at the end of the game. Seems like a good sort.

Like Marshall if he ever gets the actual timing and tap work right he will become one of the best rucks in the competition.

When I watch Paddy’s ruck work though it’s pretty clear he has a really sharp eye for when to go early and when to hold for an extra second. And against the monsters like Naitanui, Ryder can be as very physical in the air. He must be an intimidating opponent.

People respond to my posts so I respond back. I’m sure we can do that. You enjoy a win your way and I will enjoy it my way and that’s not caring about the umpiring the next day. You can enjoy saying Steele isn’t ready for captaincy After a great win.
I didn't respond to your post, it was to a post by gringo, so the above reply is simply rubbish.
Must have had some home truths

Paddy, Carlisle, Long, ( Battle?) certainly taking the gloss off a big win.

Got to fight for Long. Surely we’re due a win at the tribunal for a change.
MacCrae was up immediately and played on. Got to be low impact.

Wow. Well that's just made my favourite photos list.

It's been a long, long, painful road for Hanners. Copped non stop press about his injuries, his salary. Brought to the club to be a leader and get us to finals. Been in rehab for longer than he's played. Nearly missed the chance this year, only just got back in time. And he's done it, he's finally done it.

It's a really good news story, but the media kinda forgets all that.

Did anyone see Hanners giving it to Libba? Total bull.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back