Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A case doesn't mean you are infectious or can pass it on, the PCR test can't tell you that.

A new case may be a dead piece of RNA from months ago picked up by the PCR test

If the magnification or cycles is dialled down on the PCR test you get less 'cases' if it is dialled up you get many more.

Many medical professionals recommend 30 cycles or so, but my guess is labs in Australia and other countries use 40 plus cycles which is why there are so many false negatives and not worth the paper the result is printed on, of course only cynics would suggest labs use that amount of cycles to keep the $$ rolling in, or Governments request it to keep the fear up, i wonder if one journo at one press conference has asked Sutton or Andrews or Scomo or anyone what amount of cycles they use at what labs in OZ.

My bet is zero.

You’ve escaped again!

I believe https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/coronavirus.1237241 was the thread you were looking for

A case doesn't mean you are infectious or can pass it on, the PCR test can't tell you that.

A new case may be a dead piece of RNA from months ago picked up by the PCR test

If the magnification or cycles is dialled down on the PCR test you get less 'cases' if it is dialled up you get many more.

Many medical professionals recommend 30 cycles or so, but my guess is labs in Australia and other countries use 40 plus cycles which is why there are so many false negatives and not worth the paper the result is printed on, of course only cynics would suggest labs use that amount of cycles to keep the $$ rolling in, or Governments request it to keep the fear up, i wonder if one journo at one press conference has asked Sutton or Andrews or Scomo or anyone what amount of cycles they use at what labs in OZ.

My bet is zero.
So governments want to keep the fear up to destroy the economy and have people unemployed so they vote them out?

yer makes sense

So governments want to keep the fear up to destroy the economy and have people unemployed so they vote them out?

yer makes sense
It doesn't matter as has been reported the liberal opposition are so bad andrews could do anything and get re elected

I’m assuming the author lives in metro Melbourne, because I’m fairly certain regional Victoria are quite happy being separated from the metro region and subsequently enjoying much more freedom.

I’m assuming the author lives in metro Melbourne, because I’m fairly certain regional Victoria are quite happy being separated from the metro region and subsequently enjoying much more freedom.
It’s amazing how we’ve created all these barriers between people who previously had no issues with one another with seemingly no way to get out of them.

The media and government have done a great job in ensuring metropolitan Victorians won’t be wanted anywhere for ages to come.

It’s amazing how we’ve created all these barriers between people who previously had no issues with one another with seemingly no way to get out of them.

The media and government have done a great job in ensuring metropolitan Victorians won’t be wanted anywhere for ages to come.

Well, previously we didn’t have worldwide closed or restricted borders. Now I can’t jump on a flight to China freely.

Well, previously we didn’t have worldwide closed or restricted borders. Now I can’t jump on a flight to China freely.
That’s different though.

We had regional Victorians losing their minds at metro Victorians the other day because some truck driver committed the horrific crime of doing his job in their town and just having to have corona. Now yes he wasn’t helpful to contact tracers but that wasn’t what their anger was about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s different though.

We had regional Victorians losing their minds at metro Victorians the other day because some truck driver committed the horrific crime of doing his job in their town and just having to have corona. Now yes he wasn’t helpful to contact tracers but that wasn’t what their anger was about.

Their anger was about someone who wasn’t a local, risking their ability to live their lives.

Sounds reasonable enough to me.

I’ve got family in regional Victoria, I wouldn’t want to be the one jeopardising their freedoms doing something selfish.

That’s different though.

Part of his allowed activities to do his job didnt include a lot of the things he did that spread it

As a "non-native" Melbourne person I can confirm the "we don't want you here" stigma, jokingly, or not, is well and truly a thing.

Their anger was about someone who wasn’t a local, risking their ability to live their lives.

Sounds reasonable enough to me.

I’ve got family in regional Victoria, I wouldn’t want to be the one jeopardising their freedoms doing something selfish.
I’m sure they’ve all been so perfect since March

Pretty sure 100 people will have the same idea
- can’t drink outside
- toilets are gonna be cooked
- streaming is gonna suck
- prey it doesn’t rain

I’m glad you’re amped for this but genuinely what difference would it make if you had 10 mates sitting on a picnic blanket eating from the same bowl of chips to sitting around a couch at your place? What’s the logic?
Being outside as opposed to inside.

presumably when we get to the last step to move to "COVID normal"

So never. Good to know.

You'd think that being a former minister for health, he knows how beneficial to health gyms are for society as a whole. What a bespectacled bell-end

Been going for a kick at the park most weekends, no one wears a mask, people running around everywhere unmasked

I’m pretty sure I got more chance of getting covid (if any) there, than if I have two mates over
Walk past a construction site, maybe 1 person has a mask on.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

So I can dress up as a priest, and have 20 of my Richmond mates worship Dustin Martin in front of a TV in the grounds of a church. Done deal
Is a man cave not a religious place?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back