Player Sponsorship BigFooty Saints Board Player Sponsorship 2020 - Doulton Langlands

Who do we want to sponsor this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

good morning all,

logged into the session on Wednesday night, was really good actually, I started taking some notes as below but realised I was missing bits when takin notes so stopped hahaha
I have asked club for video, so hopefully I get link soon

Welcome from Bruce Eva
Over 250 people on the webinar tonight

Matt Finnis first up thanking all Saints supporters, that this year wasn't possible without us all.
Missing us sitting in the stadium with them, but know we have their backs basically.
Team that is most resilient, adaptive and determined will win this year's premiership.
This year has been a journey
Bruce asked Matt if the rumour of Adelaide oval final was genuine, Matt said yes. Said it was due to the other game being at the Gabba and AFL unsure whether 2 games at Gabba close together was ideal
Happy we been on free to air last half of season a bit, means we are playing good footy and being rewarded by AFL

Ratts up next
Aimed for finals and now it is a reality
Song and getting all together after GWS game was for everyone in the club up there but also for supporters around the country
Gears will play, bub due any day so hopefully will happen before final
Jake Carlisle to play final but then may go for birth of his first
Dawn trip to the beach - 4:30am wake up, sunshine beach
Week off allows for team to reflect, get best players up. Zac touch and go for this week if we played, but will def play
Against WBD - Bont maybe tag in mid, Wilkie when he goes fwd maybe.
JJ or Daniel tagged down back - unsure what they are thinking at the moment in regards to this
Robbo close to game but as our back 6 been set and got a few talls there already, but if Jake goes out Robbo could come in

Seb Ross
Job not finished, we have reflected on the year over the weekend but more work to be done
New guys coming in, chemistry might have been better due to being away together for most of the season

Lethlan
Environment in Noosa being looked at positively as we know each other more and more, whereas wouldn't normally get the amount of time together

Dougs - enjoying his footy

Cal Wilkie
Hanners said he was taking the song after GWS game on the ground, but Cal wouldnt let him

morning all,
Have been sent the link, although club has asked for only sponsors to get the link so please PM me if you would like to have a look
I cant understand why the club wants it to be for sponsors only , its not like they are letting secrets out and people can share the link if they want .
I would have thought giving access to all supporters would be the better thing to do , why not let everyone watch it and ride the train with the club , it sure couldn't hurt for keeping or getting more members .
Ps , i wasnt directing this at you Boydie

I cant understand why the club wants it to be for sponsors only , its not like they are letting secrets out and people can share the link if they want .
I would have thought giving access to all supporters would be the better thing to do , why not let everyone watch it and ride the train with the club , it sure couldn't hurt for keeping or getting more members .
Ps , i wasnt directing this at you Boydie
Understand it is not directed at me, all good!

I can see the clubs point of view on this one, I think it is due to the player sponsorship being a more exclusive etc and therefore should get more value out of it than say a regular membership, otherwise no one would buy player sponsorship and just be regular members I guess.
There is a members exclusive Q and A tomorrow afternoon so us regular members get access to that too

Understand it is not directed at me, all good!

I can see the clubs point of view on this one, I think it is due to the player sponsorship being a more exclusive etc and therefore should get more value out of it than say a regular membership, otherwise no one would buy player sponsorship and just be regular members I guess.
There is a members exclusive Q and A tomorrow afternoon so us regular members get access to that too

Can sorta understand but you only needed to have put in $25 to sponsor Doults and get access to the link yet some people may have donated $100 or more during that pledge thing yet they get nothing. Fair enough to have some of those events private but the more the club shares with the average supporter the better IMO

Can sorta understand but you only needed to have put in $25 to sponsor Doults and get access to the link yet some people may have donated $100 or more during that pledge thing yet they get nothing. Fair enough to have some of those events private but the more the club shares with the average supporter the better IMO
totally agree mate, but remember we are only lucky ones that get to put in as little as $25 and get this access.
Sponsorship is actually $2000 if you wanted to just do it yourself, so hence why player sponsors get access to this sort of thing.
BTW wasnt just player sponsors in this session, as discussed at start of the session by Bruce Eva, corporates sponsors etc on the webinar too and they paying more than $2000 too! hahaha

morning all,
Have been sent the link, although club has asked for only sponsors to get the link so please PM me if you would like to have a look
Can you send it through mate would love to check it out :)

BnF is being held tonight!
I got email about it yesty but was having a no phone/no socials arvo/evening yesty sorry!

Date: Sunday 11 October
Time: 8:15pm AEDT and 7:15pm AEST

I have the link to the stream, but just finding out if multiple users can use the same link.

BnF is being held tonight!
I got email about it yesty but was having a no phone/no socials arvo/evening yesty sorry!

Date: Sunday 11 October
Time: 8:15pm AEDT and 7:15pm AEST

I have the link to the stream, but just finding out if multiple users can use the same link.
Is this any different from the link sent to the members?

Is this any different from the link sent to the members?
Nope is the same one I think, silly me saw the player sponsors email first and quickly jumped on here to let you all know, then I went back to my email and saw the members email hahahahahaha

If anyone is not a member and needs the link here it is:

How to view the event:

1. Open in preferred web browser

2. If you do have Microsoft Teams, select option 'Watch on the web instead'

3. If you do not have Microsoft account or login, please join event anonymously

Can’t join the event live? A recording of the evening will be made public on the Saints website the following day.

#TogetherWeRise

Unfortunately our bloke Doults has been delisted by the saints so it is back to a newbie again for the BigFooty sponsorship next year for us.
Don't listen to the people who say our sponsorship is a curse, even though it looks that way, our support of both the club and player is well appreciated I feel and as we generally sponsor players with no sponsors or are new, younger or rookie listed etc we might not always have luck on our side with getting a 200+ gamer at early stage

happy for people to reply or PM me with any thoughts/comments/criticisms etc for the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that it doesn't help us being left with really late options in terms of player selection. Most years it's going to be a rookie that all the bigger paying sponsors haven't even heard of.

Next year I rekon we aim for a debutant - Clavarino, Connelly or a new draftee. Someone we can hype up for a debut :D

Either that or we lean into the curse and sponsor Tommy "Dirty Dog" Lynch and see if we can't get him de-registered from the comp!

I think that it doesn't help us being left with really late options in terms of player selection. Most years it's going to be a rookie that all the bigger paying sponsors haven't even heard of.

Next year I rekon we aim for a debutant - Clavarino, Connelly or a new draftee. Someone we can hype up for a debut :D

Either that or we lean into the curse and sponsor Tommy "Dirty Dog" Lynch and see if we can't get him de-registered from the comp!
No please dont do that to those kids , we know it will end it tears , Bytel and Byrnes are also off limits :p

Unfortunately our bloke Doults has been delisted by the saints so it is back to a newbie again for the BigFooty sponsorship next year for us.
Don't listen to the people who say our sponsorship is a curse, even though it looks that way, our support of both the club and player is well appreciated I feel and as we generally sponsor players with no sponsors or are new, younger or rookie listed etc we might not always have luck on our side with getting a 200+ gamer at early stage

happy for people to reply or PM me with any thoughts/comments/criticisms etc for the year
Jack Bytel would be a good choice I reckon, good player who will feature next year.

Jack Bytel would be a good choice I reckon, good player who will feature next year.
We cant do that to him George , the poor kid has no hope with us on his wagon , although rather Bytel than putting the jinx on my boy Byrnes

Paton probably tops my list (**** off Essendope).

Paton, Battle, Bytel, Clavarino or our first draft pick from this year. Maybe we need to wait until the trade and draft dust has settled

As always, I will speak to the club and get a couple of names of guys that haven't got sponsors at the time and we will put it to a vote.
That way we get more time with the player at events etc as they don't have to share the time with other player sponsors, I think that has always worked out well for us, despite the record with delistings. Remember we have had multiple years with Nath Wright and Freeze so we arent an absolute curse hahahaha

As always, I will speak to the club and get a couple of names of guys that haven't got sponsors at the time and we will put it to a vote.
That way we get more time with the player at events etc as they don't have to share the time with other player sponsors, I think that has always worked out well for us, despite the record with delistings. Remember we have had multiple years with Nath Wright and Freeze so we arent an absolute curse hahahaha

Surely one year we will get a Jack Steven type of late pick high potential gun.

Back