Opinion The I Was Wrong thread- Where Tom Atkins posts go to die

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting how our last few F/S picks have been very low-rated and basically been a case of only taken because of who their father was rather than the system getting them to us at a good price, but out of them Bews and Simpson have become best 22 players for us heading into a GF. I would have hoped that Brownless would follow a similar trajectory, but that doesn't seem likely. Still, good value out of those two. Simpson's ascension this year has been bewildering to say the least. Didn't draw a line completely through him or anything, but I just wasn't aware he was anything like the player he's been this season.
No more bewildering for me than Guthries return to form,Hendersons resurgence,Geelongs ball use both by hand and foot and the loosening of the defence only mantra by the new bearded Chris Scott.

No more bewildering for me than Guthries return to form,Hendersons resurgence,Geelongs ball use both by hand and foot and the loosening of the defence only mantra by the new bearded Chris Scott.
I don't think it's been a return to form for Guthrie. He's better than he's ever been. Henderson's resurgence didn't surprise me that much. Suspected he'd be fine if given regular games in his best position.

I don't think it's been a return to form for Guthrie. He's better than he's ever been. Henderson's resurgence didn't surprise me that much. Suspected he'd be fine if given regular games in his best position.
Guthrie certainly had his most consistently good season as a pure inside mid, but imho, every year he has been a valued player filling in where CS needed him- sort of a shorter version of Blicavs.

I had us lucky to finish top 8 this season. 6th-8th. Definitely not top 4, or top 2!!

Drove down to Colac to watch us bomb out v Essendon. We looked poor

If you'd said to me that would be the only game I'd go to this year....

Last edited:
I thought cocky was going to be a dangerfield level player. Fair to say I might have missed the mark
You're not alone on that

Surely there wasn't a Geelong fan who wasn't excited by what we saw early on - the over enthusiastic tackle (even if it resulted in suspension for a sling), the show is strength against St Kilda (?) where he held his opponent up off the ground

There was so much to like, to get excited by and watch his career unfold - unfortunately the injuries may prevent the footy world seeing him at his best

I believed that our good H&A record and poor finals results in recent years was due to our advantages playing on our uniquely shaped home ground... is this wrong now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believed that our good H&A record and poor finals results in recent years was due to our advantages playing on our uniquely shaped home ground... is this wrong now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, Gabba is our 2nd cheat ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not alone on that

Surely there wasn't a Geelong fan who wasn't excited by what we saw early on - the over enthusiastic tackle (even if it resulted in suspension for a sling), the show is strength against St Kilda (?) where he held his opponent up off the ground

There was so much to like, to get excited by and watch his career unfold - unfortunately the injuries may prevent the footy world seeing him at his best
unless he joins Linc with the vitamin D Lions.

Henderson is mine. I thought he was absolutely gone last year. Remarkable turnaround.

Gotta own up to Menegola too. He's putting his early finals stinkers behind him now.

I thought we had a good chance of winning at 3/4 time last night :huh:
I thought 119 was in danger 10 minutes into the second...

Edit: 7 minutes to go and I thought “it’s still do able”. Said to the mrs, “we need three goals in 7 minutes if Menengola kicks this”. She goes “can’t kick 3 goals in 7 minutes”. She was wrong. 1 team did.

I thought we would win last night. I was very wrong.

At half-time last night, I thought we wouldn't see a carbon copy of last year's PF in the second half. Surely the boys will be steeling themselves not to see that happen again, I thought. And then said so to a bunch of Cats fans we were sitting with at the game.

I. Was. Wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back