News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

so he would have returned to us

perhaps the club can explain just why it didn’t want it’s best player back on a friendly contract?

because matching a band 3 contract should’ve been a dream come true

Perhaps, just perhaps, there is things we don’t know and aren’t privy to.

If anyone had been listening to his interviews throughout the season on 5AA he initially said he was happy to stay in Adelaide and then once he came back playing in the last few games of the season his tune changed. Then the taxi drug incident and it has been all downhill from there.

If anyone had been listening to his interviews throughout the season on 5AA he initially said he was happy to stay in Adelaide and then once he came back playing in the last few games of the season his tune changed. Then the taxi drug incident and it has been all downhill from there.
Have you ever wondered why he slipped over and the resulting delay in his return from the initial hamstring injury?

No you didn't, that was the Ranger, my apologies.

But I do wish you'd stop trying to polish a turd with the whole Brad Crouch thing...the club f’ed up big time from start to finish, there is no way to explain their complete lack of awareness. I'm not one to shitcan the club unless it's really deserved if you care to check my posting history but the amateur way they handled this whole episode is nothing but cringeworthy. Definitely brickbat territory and indefensible.
Look we all got excited by the pick 2 possible and getting pick 23 compo compared to Danihers compensation is unbelievable and Kelly put his foot in his mouth
But once the VAFL gave us that compo and the Saints offer to get player for free scared everyone else off .
I just like to know what you and others would have done if we had of matched offer .How did you see it panning out from there if you were FOM.
Not saying posters wrong in getting upset about just wondering how saw alternative working out.

of course, just trust the higher ups

A lot of devaluing of Brad post non matching by crows sycophants that's for sure. The old school protection media at full force.

sh*t club we are right now.
No one should be devaluing him really, despite the fact IMO it was the right move to not offer him the deal.

I'd still have matched though, 23 is inadequate

What?
He’s consistently said he was happy to stay.

of course, just trust the higher ups

No that isn’t what I said.

There is more to this than we, plebs think.

Just think it thru - you are a restricted free agent and looking for possible suitors so you can maximise your next contract. So at the end of the season you decide to go out on a bender and snort some stuff. Brilliant, ******* brilliant idea. Stay out of trouble until your contract is done and dusted. The intelligence of footballers never ceases to amaze me.

Until he wasn't
I can cop that we weren't prepared to offer or match the 4 years with a 5th with triggers but this absolute bullshit that we have been trying to get rid of him for 2 years that's being espoused by several on here is just that, AFC apologist bullshit.

FFS both the club and Brad have acknowledged there was a 3 year offer on the table prior to the Covid-19 intervention that saw the AFL's edict that all contract talks had to be put on hold and none were to signed off on. We do know with certainty that Brad's reluctance to sign before the intervention was due to the term of the contract mostly. Then the hamstring issue happened and then the drug issue which appear to me to be the turning point in the Brad/AFC relations.
Personally I think it's almost certainly the drug issue that has changed the club's thinking, nothing else and the character bashing on this board is disgraceful by several claiming to have the "inside" word which is also almost certainly bullshit.

Have you ever wondered why he slipped over and the resulting delay in his return from the initial hamstring injury?

2 week delay? Presume the gossip is that he was off his nut when he slipped. Would have been a longer delay if anything more nefarious. Have heard he enjoys his time when not at the club. Big deal, footballers win games of football, not choirboys. We've the shittest success culture in the league,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can cop that we weren't prepared to offer or match the 4 years with a 5th with triggers but this absolute bullshit that we have been trying to get rid of him for 2 years that's being espoused by several on here is just that, AFC apologist bullshit.

FFS both the club and Brad have acknowledged there was a 3 year offer on the table prior to the Covid-19 intervention that saw the AFL's edict that all contract talks had to be put on hold and none were to signed off on. We do know with certainty that Brad's reluctance to sign before the intervention was due to the term of the contract mostly. Then the hamstring issue happened and then the drug issue which appear to me to be the turning point in the Brad/AFC relations.
Personally I think it's almost certainly the drug issue that has changed the club's thinking, nothing else and the character bashing on this board is disgraceful by several claiming to have the "inside" word which is also almost certainly bullshit.

I agree with everything but the last sentence. I wouldn't put it past the club to leak self serving character assassination. It's right up our alley.

We didn’t offer him a contract. How can he be a hated Crow. Need to move on mate. He didn’t owe the club anything else. They had already struck his name off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Actually we did Brad had a 3 year contract on the table prior to the Covis-19 intervention and the AFL's edict that all contract talks be put on hold and none would be signed off by them. My understanding is the 3 year contract had been on the table for quite some time.

2 week delay? Presume the gossip is that he was off his nut when he slipped. Would have been a longer delay if anything more nefarious. Have heard he enjoys his time when not at the club. Big deal, footballers win games of football, not choirboys. We've the shittest success culture in the league,

We don’t expect them to be choir boys but we don’t expect them to use their intelligence.

You are about to enter free agency and want the biggest contract you can get and decide to go on a bender and snort stuff. Very smart? Wouldn’t have thought so.

In the end only the Saints were interested. That says it all.

We don’t expect them to be choir boys but we don’t expect them to use their intelligence.

You are about to enter free agency and want the biggest contract you can get and decide to go on a bender and snort stuff. Very smart? Wouldn’t have thought so.

In the end only the Saints were interested. That says it all.

He had more offers than the saints. Theres was the best. That logic is like saying only one person wanted to buy your house on sale. Just the one buyer, or did they offer the best deal out of numerous?

He had more offers than the saints. Theres was the best. That logic is like saying only one person wanted to buy your house on sale. Just the one buyer, or did they offer the best deal out of numerous?

Ok so he had much lower and shorter term offers from a few clubs other than the Saints. In the end only one club was willing to give him a 5 year contract. Good luck to him at the Saints.

Ok so he had much lower and shorter term offers from a few clubs other than the Saints. In the end only one club was willing to give him a 5 year contract. Good luck to him at the Saints.

No, you don't know how 'much' lower they were, might have been very close and Ratten's pitch was the decider. You have no way of knowing. That's like saying the offer you accept on your house was the only one in your expected ballpark. It's not something that can be determined unless you're privy to all the offers. Which only the Crouch camp are.

Fine but the key issue is here that once that offer reached for a free player nobody going to apart from Crows would match or better that offer and give up a 1 st round pick are they.
Although all very unhappy with our pick 23 compo. and many vocal ,but posters seem to be reluctant to come out and put their name to they would have kept Brad with the 4+ 1 yr $700 k contract.

Fine but the key issue is here that once that offer reached for a free player nobody going to apart from Crows would match or better that offer and give up a 1 st round pick are they.
Although all very unhappy with our pick 23 compo. and many vocal ,but posters seem to be reluctant to come out and put their name to they would have kept Brad with the 4+ 1 yr $700 k contract.

Not me, I've posted exactly that numerous times.

I've heard no gossip in regard to this. I've just often thought it was a b/s excuse.

It was reply to post that his public messaging was largely that he was happy to stay - until he wasn't. That to me was about when he was interviewed last week and made a comment that he committed to move to St Kilda, and hoping that Adelaide didn't match the FA bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back