News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is also part of the stuff up.

We telegraphed that we didn't want him.

The club put itself in a terrible position for any matching process.

1- Brad said numerous times during the year on AA he wanted to stay, with nothing back from the club. Our club made it obvious we didn't want him months ago.

2 - Kelly puffs his chest out about "pick 2 or match".

3 - Saints offer the best contract Brad could get. Results in Band 3 Compo. Well below what our club was expecting.

4 - Club Ambassador Bickley gets fed the narrative we don't want him and relays this on AA.

5 - Backed into a corner we don't match.

We had no hand in negotiationing a better outcome. Saint Kilda (and the world) knew we didn't want him. You can't negotiate a deal from that position. Saints had the PSD option.

The rating for handling this from the start of this season is a massive fail.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You forgot Studley also talking him down.

If one thing comes from this, I hope they realise pushing players out like Lyons, Greenwood, Keath and Crouch and making it so obvious you don’t want them is going to hurt come trade time.

What was it that Winter said? They knew we didn’t want him so keeping him wasn’t an option or something similar. Opposition clubs aren’t stupid.

Yep, I pulled out this year after being a member since 1991.

Mostly reached breaking point with the idiots we have at the club but as you say also a protest against the bias of the AFL, the amateur level of umpiring, the diluting of skills (too many teams), the hideous game style, the cost of a seat has become ridiculous and the bias and standard of AFL accredited "journalists".

It's just worn away my love of the club and game, still love em but its like a abusive relationship, they keep smacking you around but you love them, forgive them and think they will change so you come back for more.
The DV FL

You forgot Studley also talking him down.

If one thing comes from this, I hope they realise pushing players out like Lyons, Greenwood, Keath and Crouch and making it so obvious you don’t want them is going to hurt come trade time.

What was it that Winter said? They knew we didn’t want him so keeping him wasn’t an option or something similar. Opposition clubs aren’t stupid.
Our relationship building and messaging is terrible.

Brad Crouch: "year (bogan accent), I would've gone to the PSD (if crows matched).

Get stuffed Brad. Ungreatful prick.

pay him for doing nothing for 5 years and now he repays this was. He will be a hated ex crow and I hope he breaks down regularly over next 5 years.

on another note yea can’t trade in dunstan but now sure bring back an SA boy. Air vic teams do it but not allowed by Adelaide The whole competition is rigged and corrupt.

On a third side not mid first round about hatley worth and now 14 seems fair, f...ing vic bias is unbelievable

We are so massively impacted by the Gibbs, Jenkins, Betts situations, and the stupid contracts to Walker, Sloane and Lynch.

Our list management is ******* abysmal.

I'm not defending the club on its dealings last week, but I'll certainly defend them not giving Brad a 5 year deal.

It’s a 4 year deal - stop misrepresenting the facts

Also some severe rewriting of the reality of the Crouch situation to just losing him for SFA.

We are so massively impacted by the Gibbs, Jenkins, Betts situations, and the stupid contracts to Walker, Sloane and Lynch.

Also some severe rewriting of the reality of the Crouch situation to just losing him for SFA.

4 year deal, BUT easy triggers for a fifth

4 with a very achievable trigger for 5.

I'm certainly not happy about getting 23 for him though.

On the other contracts, the Betts situation is now over, the Jenkins one isn't a huge problem either. Sloane and in particular Walker are big problems. Lynch isn't on huge money and is still playing footy well and truly good enough to be in the best 22.

Our relationship building and messaging is terrible.

IMO it's Olsen's biggest challenge. Changing the narrative isn't the easiest thing to do when it's been ingrained for so long.

I liked what he said in the interview with Rooch, but let's see him back it up

pay him for doing nothing for 5 years and now he repays this was. He will be a hated ex crow and I hope he breaks down regularly over next 5 years.

on another note yea can’t trade in dunstan but now sure bring back an SA boy. Air vic teams do it but not allowed by Adelaide The whole competition is rigged and corrupt.

On a third side not mid first round about hatley worth and now 14 seems fair, f...ing vic bias is unbelievable

We didn’t offer him a contract. How can he be a hated Crow. Need to move on mate. He didn’t owe the club anything else. They had already struck his name off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A lot of devaluing of Brad post non matching by crows sycophants that's for sure. The old school protection media at full force.

s**t club we are right now.

4 with a very achievable trigger for 5.

I'm certainly not happy about getting 23 for him though.

On the other contracts, the Betts situation is now over, the Jenkins one isn't a huge problem either. Sloane and in particular Walker are big problems. Lynch isn't on huge money and is still playing footy well and truly good enough to be in the best 22.
May I suggest that positive posters might consider getting off this(now) negative useless thread & get over to the 2020 draft thread & give us all your thoughtful opinions of whereto now.

I’m all in agreeing with this. I reckon he will breakdown at the Saints and certainly so if they are playing at Marvel Stadium. In addition, games were 20% shorter this year but interchanges remained at the previous level.

He doesn’t prepare himself well and lacks discipline when it comes to training.

His indiscretion with Stengle was the last straw. He will fit in at St Kilda.

Time to move on. Big fish to fry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said that you moron
No you didn't, that was the Ranger, my apologies.

But I do wish you'd stop trying to polish a turd with the whole Brad Crouch thing...the club ****ed up big time from start to finish, there is no way to explain their complete lack of awareness. I'm not one to shitcan the club unless it's really deserved if you care to check my posting history but the amateur way they handled this whole episode is nothing but cringeworthy. Definitely brickbat territory and indefensible.

A bit more about it in today's AFL interview with Gallagher:

"Gallagher said St Kilda would have withdrawn its interest in Brad Crouch had Adelaide matched its bid for the restricted free agent.

"From our perspective, we were really transparent with Brad and his management and Adelaide, and as much as we like Brad and he'll be a really good player for our footy club, the strength of our interest in him was as a free agent.

"We didn't have any intention in trading for him, and that's meant as no disrespect to Brad at all, but we weren't entertaining a trade for him."

so he would have returned to us

perhaps the club can explain just why it didn’t want it’s best player back on a friendly contract?

because matching a band 3 contract should’ve been a dream come true

Does that include the interview with james Gallagher, the Saints list manager, who stated categorically that they would NOT trade for Crouch. That it's great to have got him on board, but they weren't hellbent on having him. So, every cynic states that you can't believe a word the club reps say in the throes of negotiating(which is in part true), but are you saying that you can't believe a list manager after they've got their man?

you should believe him less after he’s got his man

he’s now got a new tough man image to live up to

Hey Short

I usually agree with most of your thoughts hoqever if the club offered a 4 or 5 year deal to bring in a recruit who

- averaged 11 games per year
- had history of being suspended by playing leadership group
- as a senior player took a young player out on a bender who was already on a good behaviour procision
- then got caught in possession of an illicit drug
- is not a great leader amongsr young player
- consistently needs feedback on his preparation and training

We would burn thw club down

The club can only trade if a player has real currency in the market place, St Kikda offer although low-ball in many eyes was the best offer from the market

We are a young team moving forward Brad has been on benders twith Aitkin and Stengle, which young player was next?

I understand the reaction but I am glad the club has learnt from giving long term deals to Tex, JJ and Lynch and did not offer the same to Brad...... the majority of clubs can't be wrong on Brad

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

the example would be more relevant if you were more believable

the club has been VERY silent on why this was unacceptable to it
Maybe the AFC decided that the negatives outweighed the positives. They haven't stated the negatives because the AFL media would twist it to suit their own nefarious means. Maybe he is a raging drug addict and was a very bad influence on the younger players. Maybe he just pissed somebody off. Who knows, who cares? Done and dusted as far as I'm concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back