2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Look if peter not getting a game, and with smith and Corbett to cover. May as well move him on now or else he’ll be delisted early for nothing. 600k over two years saved is still good coin (my prediction).

On the hype with McDonald, don’t forget he’s an 18yo who finished 2nd in the goalkicking in SENIOR FOOTBALL. He also made the team of the year and like many have said he was a midfielder before he shot up. He’s still getting used to his frame and already putting on clinics in Senior football. I honestly reckon he should go 1 but crows won’t do it. I’ve watched few of his games this year and his Perth demons made finals for the first time since 1996. So he played a very strong role this season and worth trading up for since we get Davies for free

If we get McDonald and king, lock them in for the next decade gonna be bloody scary. If we don’t get McDonald then I’m hoping we draft best available at 5 whoever that may be.

Look if peter not getting a game, and with smith and Corbett to cover. May as well move him on now or else he’ll be delisted early for nothing. 600k over two years saved is still good coin (my prediction).

On the hype with McDonald, don’t forget he’s an 18yo who finished 2nd in the goalkicking in SENIOR FOOTBALL. He also made the team of the year and like many have said he was a midfielder before he shot up. He’s still getting used to his frame and already putting on clinics in Senior football. I honestly reckon he should go 1 but crows won’t do it. I’ve watched few of his games this year and his Perth demons made finals for the first time since 1996. So he played a very strong role this season and worth trading up for since we get Davies for free

If we get McDonald and king, lock them in for the next decade gonna be bloody scary. If we don’t get McDonald then I’m hoping we draft best available at 5 whoever that may be.
Most probably Phillip at 5 . Just don't think Clayton going to pass McDonald to other team if Adelaide don't pick him .

Some Essendon fans are saying they have played us and their list manager is a genius. I was a bit of a fan of him, he had a good kick and in some early games in particular he’d take good marks.
Having said that, in my section of the ground he was without a doubt the undisputed whipping boy of the members that sit around me. They will be quite happy to offload him.

It’s totally worth going all out for McDonald... Jeffrey and Davies both expected first rounders for free. Then there is the likes of academy sections of Lake, Fyfe, Pescud, Lui, Johnston etc

If they cut lists by 2 say and we had 40 last year...

Out: C Ellis, Horlin Smith, Joyce, Hanley, Miles,

In: Atkins and Markov.

We have 1 spot left at the moment. That’s Holmans rookie upgrade so Wright goes thats 1 list spot.

Rookies

Cat A: Budarick, Rosas, Conroy, Jeffrey, Davies, 5x Others

Cat B: Ace, Murtagh, Towey

Some Essendon fans are saying they have played us and their list manager is a genius. I was a bit of a fan of him, he had a good kick and in some early games in particular he’d take good marks.
Having said that, in my section of the ground he was without a doubt the undisputed whipping boy of the members that sit around me. They will be quite happy to offload him.

I don't think any Essendon fans are expecting him to be the next coming of Charlie Dixon but a key forward capable of kicking 1.2 - 1.5 goals a game. A 25 - 40 goal a year key forward if he plays every game.

Sure, a few in our corner are a tad speculative but a future 4th for a guy who has shown capability to play AFL? Yeah, more chance of getting 50 games out of 2MP than a rookie kid we'd likely pass on anyway..

Suns must think bombers are on the decline if we accept a future 4th... if the bombers were to with the premiership (highly unlikely) it could be pick 72!!! Likely pick in the 50s but still

It’s totally worth going all out for McDonald... Jeffrey and Davies both expected first rounders for free. Then there is the likes of academy sections of Lake, Fyfe, Pescud, Lui, Johnston etc

If they cut lists by 2 say and we had 40 last year...

Out: C Ellis, Horlin Smith, Joyce, Hanley, Miles,

In: Atkins and Markov.

We have 1 spot left at the moment. That’s Holmans rookie upgrade so Wright goes thats 1 list spot.

Rookies

Cat A: Budarick, Rosas, Conroy, Jeffrey, Davies, 5x Others

Cat B: Ace, Murtagh, Towey
Think the 3 prelisted players selected last year can only spend 1 year on the rookie list so it becomes a bit more complex

My bet is Jeffery , Lake ,Davies ,Gore and Nicholls for suns , Pescud and Fyfe rookied elsewhere
As in pescud and Fyfe taken in the rookie draft rather than the national draft?
Obviously you’ve got some connection there so interesting to hear that.

I’d look for someone like Jack Payne from Brisbane as a key defender.. was originally from the Sunshine Coast

21 198cm 101 kg in and out of the lions team due to Andrew’s and Gardner holding down the key posts.

Came in against the Cats in the PF and played on Hawkins.
Did some really nice things.

would be cheap as chips.. third Rd
Come straight into our 22 and frees up Collins

then can use pick 5 on a mid with run n dash
I’d love Payne.
Looked good in the game against us as well.
Don’t think Brisbane would want to trade him but if we could for a 3rd rd pick. 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing.
If Essendon think Fantasia is worth a first Rd pick..
And Wright a key forward/ruck is worth a future forth

and yes we are salary dumping. But won’t get anyone in.. so the salary sits there another 12months
Can restructure existing salaries to front end and fill the void.
Can also bank the money to pay 95% of cap and allow us to pay 105% in the future.

Must be desperate to get the wage off the book. Would love to hear from Cameron and explain the reasoning behind it and trading him for essentially a nothing pick.
Maybe another list spot to take an academy kid has some appeal..
Who knows.

Its part of the Essendon DNA that they have to feel they have won every trade. it’s sad that Peter will have to play the remainder of his career there but really he wasn’t worth much

Think the 3 prelisted players selected last year can only spend 1 year on the rookie list so it becomes a bit more complex
Where you see that?

Cameron said in an interview earlier this year that some of the pre-listed players had clauses in their contracts that they had to be elevated to the main list after 1 year.

Probably only true for Budders.
He would have been drafted inside the top 40 probably, so no way his manager would let him stay on the rookie list.

Cameron said in an interview earlier this year that some of the pre-listed players had clauses in their contracts that they had to be elevated to the main list after 1 year.

Probably only true for Budders.
He would have been drafted inside the top 40 probably, so no way his manager would let him stay on the rookie list.
Just heard through some parents that Pescud and Fyfe have more attention from some Vic clubs than there own, also I think the pre listing conditions means that say Jefferys and Davies get picked as rookied this year they have to go onto main list next year, so that probably means the three last year must be elevated this year. If that's the case three players must be demoted to rookies if we are to have a draft pick . Think that's why Cameron is saying our senior list is stacked

Just heard through some parents that Pescud and Fyfe have more attention from some Vic clubs than there own, also I think the pre listing conditions means that say Jefferys and Davies get picked as rookied this year they have to go onto main list next year, so that probably means the three last year must be elevated this year. If that's the case three players must be demoted to rookies if we are to have a draft pick . Think that's why Cameron is saying our senior list is stacked
I think Murdoch , Corbett , Burgess , Holman , harbrow could all be relegated to rookie spot . With limited spot i am not surprised Aiden Fyfe and pescud go on with academy as 19 years old again and VFL team

38 + 6 without any rookie b anymore for other team
GCS 38 + 10 same without rookie b anymore .

Last edited:
I think Murdoch , Corbett , Burgess , Holman , harbrow could all be relegated to rookie spot . With limited spot i am not surprised Aiden Fyfe and pescud go on with academy as 19 years old again and VFL team

38 + 6 without any rookie b anymore for other team
GCS 38 + 10 same without rookie b anymore .
The only other thing I have heard is that we are strongly considering a 19 year old (not sure who) and a couple of 18 year olds for the academy picks, we will have at least two category b , Ace and Towey I believe. Probably end up with 50 players

The only other thing I have heard is that we are strongly considering a 19 year old (not sure who) and a couple of 18 year olds for the academy picks, we will have at least two category b , Ace and Towey I believe. Probably end up with 50 players
Cat A and Cat B is now include in 44 squad
For other team is either 38 + 6 , plus cat B (3) or 40+4:cat B (3) before list cut
I assume is 38 +10 ( include cat a and b ).

Last edited:
For a future fourth round pick? LOL. Would have been better off keeping him....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He is clearly not rated or seen as part of the future of the club. Whether that turns out to be right or wrong I suppose will be found out over the next two years

Lol how Dodo has to mention “ winning” the trade in His press release

Remove this Banner Ad

Back