News & Events Quality of news.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I seriously can't find another example of utter garbage for a news website. I have about 40 articles that I've screen shot with spelling mistakes or incorrect grammar. More than 50% of their articles are boring and predictable and follow the same headlines for clickbait.

As an avid F1 fan, NBA fan, NFL fan or any other fan in their domain I'll watch my show in entirety only to come to news.com.au to find that they've totally written an opening article with a misleading clickbait headline. The number of articles I read that said something along the lines of Lewis Hamilton exploded, "angry" etc, but to know that this was definitely not the case.

Having said that, I did come across a distasteful post on Lyndon Dunn on AFL but typically NEWS ltd is the worst. Since Covid started I think it's gotten out of control where they're insistent on publishing sensationalist stories that are utter garbage.

Without fail you will see posts:

$39 Aldi item sending shoppers into a frenzy
Mum creates cleaning hack for $9 at Bunnings...........
90% of road users don't know this rule, and it's causing a stir
You won't believe what happens next
Has people in a frenzy......
9yo Daughter had this question in math test and its confusing.....

I think you get the point.

Here are some of the saves I've made.

Before anyone asks:

I usually go to dedicated sites for my sports/political news, however sometimes when you google search for news, you get linked up to news ltd.

Attachments

• The *.JPG
    The *.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 209
  • *OffPomerance.JPG
    *OffPomerance.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 204
  • newsbs1.JPG
    newsbs1.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 177
  • newsbs2.JPG
    newsbs2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 164
  • newsbs3.JPG
    newsbs3.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 152
  • newsbs5.JPG
    newsbs5.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 146
  • newsbs6.JPG
    newsbs6.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 145
  • newsbs7.JPG
    newsbs7.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 141
  • * up again.JPG
    * up again.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 146
  • misleading.JPG
    misleading.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 132
  • news*heads.JPG
    news*heads.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 128
  • news*up3.JPG
    news*up3.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 123
  • NEws*up33.JPG
    NEws*up33.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 125
  • The *2.JPG
    The *2.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 127
  • wankarticle.JPG
    wankarticle.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 128

Worst news website bar none. Turn ad blockers on so they don't get your revenue

don't click on rubbish

That said, they are literally giving people what they want. If no one clicked the 'cleaning hacks from kmart' they would disappear. Your anger shouldn't be with the site, it should be with the idiotic public

Worst news website bar none. Turn ad blockers on so they don't get your revenue

don't click on rubbish

That said, they are literally giving people what they want. If no one clicked the 'cleaning hacks from kmart' they would disappear. Your anger shouldn't be with the site, it should be with the idiotic public
I get my sports news from Fox Sports now. It's generally accurate and not based on a sensationalist headline.

The only thing it lacks in terms of content-less content is the 'can you find it? image puzzle driving Internet insane' you'll see on daily mail. Article goes on to list several Where's Wally type pics with explanations on where the hidden thing is.

I note with interest the way something is 'bonkers' every week or so. New bonkers TV show, thing driving people bonkers, and so on.

Many articles comprise of twitter outrage, nothing more than a series of tweets from celebs or nobodies who are outraged or inspired by some thing.

It's garbage, and likely subject to the same journalism industry cost-cutting we see a bit of, hence the typos making it through.

It's a part of my regular news intake. I read all sorts of crap and more trusted or official sites, but I read all of them with a grain of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was bad enough when it was free and they were lucky I graced them with my presence on their website on occasion. The pay wall thing really showed they had a high opinion of themselves.

Hot garbage.

If you want right wing news, watch Sky News Australia. If you want free news, watch the ABC.

News.com.au is just clickbait nonsense. It doesn't exist to rile people up about commies and immigrants, it exists to rile up anyone and everyone to sell advertising. Most of the articles are poorly written, full of spelling mistakes etc. but what really shits me (and it's now limited to news.com.au) is articles that are one of two paragraphs fluffed out with Instagram posts and Twitter reactions. If I turn on the news to see the weather I just want to hear from the weather person about what the BOM have to say. I don't care what a bunch of Karens think because of Mercury retrograde or healing crystals or some bullshit.

Hot garbage.

If you want right wing news, watch Sky News Australia. If you want free news, watch the ABC.

News.com.au is just clickbait nonsense. It doesn't exist to rile people up about commies and immigrants, it exists to rile up anyone and everyone to sell advertising. Most of the articles are poorly written, full of spelling mistakes etc. but what really shits me (and it's now limited to news.com.au) is articles that are one of two paragraphs fluffed out with Instagram posts and Twitter reactions. If I turn on the news to see the weather I just want to hear from the weather person about what the BOM have to say. I don't care what a bunch of Karens think because of Mercury retrograde or healing crystals or some bullshit.
I notice they've started doing all roads lead to Rome posts. You click on a link, and it shows about 15 links in the same blog style feed. * I hate that.

They first ran an article about Biden and how Putin wouldn't congratulate him implying that Putin was pro Trump. I didn't save it but that's how it was written. The most recent article HAS been changed and is more reflective of the REAL reason Putin won't congratulate him.

As far as unbiased, easy to access news sources in this country go, would have to be right up there imo. Whilst they have a lot of clickbait titles, so does every other news site today. If I'm looking for well thought out arguments to use in any of my uni assignments, news.com.au would have to be the first place I visit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back