Traded Brisbane trade #66 and #68 to Collingwood for #70 and 2021 R4

Remove this Banner Ad

Might suggest they are planning a move at the top of the order
My simulations have shown McInnes being bid on right around Collingwood's picks which end up between 16 and 20.

The worst case for the Pies is actually if his bid comes at the pick right after their own, as good as it is for them to have three first round picks. When I allow for the points from their late pick coming in they were in deficit of 479 points.

That would turn their pick #10 next season into pick #20 prior to the compensation picks coming in for the free agents, sending it back even further and out of the first round.

This is why I'm hoping that Freo can trade their 2nd round pick next season and our two thirds this year for the Pie's first in 2021 once McInnes gets past Collingwood's second pick. It removes that deficit, gives an extra 600 points for their F/S Daicos next year. Won't be able to unless they also give up a third though.

Last edited:
Might suggest they are planning a move at the top of the order

That been Reported for Months that we are looking to Trade our Future 1st to try and get a Top 10 Pick this Year

My simulations have shown McInnes being bid on right around Collingwood's picks which end up between 16 and 20.

The worst case for the Pies is actually if his bid comes at the pick right after their own, as good as it is for them to have three first round picks. When I allow for the points from their late pick coming in they were in deficit of 479 points.

That would turn their pick #10 next season into pick #20 prior to the compensation picks coming in for the free agents, sending it back even further and out of the first round.

This is why I'm hoping that Freo can trade their 2nd round pick next season and our two thirds this year for the Pie's first in 2021 once McInnes gets past Collingwood's second pick. It removes that deficit, gives an extra 600 points for their F/S Daicos next year. Won't be able to unless they also give up a third though.
Pies would be crazy to do that. Trading their future 1st at alll would be foolish, it will be worth much more next year and may even come before a Daicos bid. They can easily get enough points to match McInness by live trading their later future picks.

Pies would be crazy to do that. Trading their future 1st at alll would be foolish, it will be worth much more next year and may even come before a Daicos bid. They can easily get enough points to match McInness by live trading their later future picks.
You think Daicos will be outside the top five?

Watch them swap their first next season. I expect it to happen.

You think Daicos will be outside the top five?

Watch them swap their first next season. I expect it to happen.
It's a high pick in a strong draft. Why the rush to offload it for points?
I haven't seen Daicos. But even if he is as good as rumoured, the pies could be worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a high pick in a strong draft. Why the rush to offload it for points?
I haven't seen Daicos. But even if he is as good as rumoured, the pies could be worse.
Because it holds value now that it doesn't have next season matching a bid, especially if it has deficit points attached from this season.

Like I said from my example, a bid at #20 for McInnes lead to a 479 point deficit, turning their pick #10 in 2021 into #20 before compensation picks - which at that point would include the band 1 and band 2 compensation picks.

Trade that now, it's worth pick #10. Trade it at the end of next season, it's worth #25

Let's remember that Collingwood can wait until next year and swap their pick for a 2022 1st if it isn't going to get used before a Daicos bid.
That's not going to get them points. They'll need points for Daicos when he is bid at pick 1.

Because it holds value now that it doesn't have next season matching a bid, especially if it has deficit points attached from this season.

Like I said from my example, a bid at #20 for McInnes lead to a 479 point deficit, turning their pick #10 in 2021 into #20 before compensation picks - which at that point would include the band 1 and band 2 compensation picks.

Trade that now, it's worth pick #10. Trade it at the end of next season, it's worth #25

They should be able to get 479 points by trading a future third for a pick in this years draft.

Geelong got points than that off GC for a future third today. They dont need to throw away 1st rounders.

Geelong got points than that off GC for a future third today. They dont need to throw away 1st rounders.
Not that much better, that pick #27 will be closer to 32 by the time they use it.

Collingwood have the luxury of offering a trade to someone at the exact moment they need the points.

Not that much better, that pick #27 will be closer to 32 by the time they use it.

Collingwood have the luxury of offering a trade to someone at the exact moment they need the points.
They do. But they'll offer their f3 or f4 and get multiple takers. This year picks arent capped at list vacancies and most teams wont fill their list either. Most teams will have surplus picks/points to live trade out.

They do. But they'll offer their f3 or f4 and get multiple takers. This year picks arent capped at list vacancies and most teams wont fill their list either. Most teams will have surplus picks/points to live trade out.
Care to put some predictions or work something out with that?

I have six academy players in the first 25 picks, these chew up 17 later picks. 12 of them are Bulldogs and Sydney. I don't see many clubs that are carrying extra late picks after that.

I have seen examples each year of clubs trading for points during the draft getting absolutely taken to the cleaners for it.

Care to put some predictions or work something out with that?

I have six academy players in the first 25 picks, these chew up 17 later picks. 12 of them are Bulldogs and Sydney. I don't see many clubs that are carrying extra late picks after that.

I have seen examples each year of clubs trading for points during the draft getting absolutely taken to the cleaners for it.
Picks arent capped to list places this year. That means even r5 picks will be worth points by the time Collingwood match. If clubs can get an extra f4 for a pick they have no use for they'll take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back