AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they put up some highlight clips. Club states they will keep people updated. But on form, that means a few tweets.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gonna be tough to be too in-depth when the person responsible for social media is playing in the match 😂

More goals in one quarter than any player kicked all last season!
Against a Freo defence - means the mids are getting the ball in??? Or she’s doing it herself from the midfield

* COVID protocols to hell

Against a Freo defence - means the mids are getting the ball in??? Or she’s doing it herself from the midfield

fu** COVID protocols to hell

Yeah I considered going down there, but without knowing the start time I didn’t want to risk it. I would’ve guessed 10am though :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Ash Mac kicked three goals in the first quarter and we’ve got four goals early in the last?

Might have been a false dawn.
Looks like it. Just want a report of sorts

I’m pissed off with it all tbh

While we didn't win, I take the 10 point loss as a big improvement from last season.

Call me overly optimistic but I am encouraged by that first hit out.

afl.com might as well get a headstart and copy-paste this sentence into every match report for the season:

Parris Laurie was a commanding presence in the ruck

AA year in the ruck incoming for our emerging leader Paz. (Yes, I know Freo didn't exactly bring their starting ruck.)

But gee they didn't quite get this one right

1610774808181.png
1610774791749.png

Ive seen a few scores like this, where one team dominates for a quarter, then gets swamped the next.

So its worth bearing in mind a few things.

Teams will experiment and try new things. Most clubs have listed non AFLW players to make up the numbers. Eagles named 4. So, without seeing the game, its hard to make judgements of how teams did.

Hopefully, more information and some video comes out, but Im not holding my breath.

Whats the go peeps ?

This picture was on the West Coast Website with the caption: Looks more like Lewis to me.

Mckenzie Dowrick of the Eagles kick the ball in an AFLW preseason match between West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers at mineral Resources Park on January 16th 2021. ??????

She wasn't listed on the team sheet that

fQ7IRkKn.jpg

I thought Dowrick was out for the season ...!!!!!

Did I have my wires crossed ?????

Can any of you more ITK supporters shed any light on this for me.

Last edited:
afl.com might as well get a headstart and copy-paste this sentence into every match report for the season:

AA year in the ruck incoming for our emerging leader Paz. (Yes, I know Freo didn't exactly bring their starting ruck.)

But gee they didn't quite get this one right

View attachment 1041564
View attachment 1041563
You might be a bit harsh there.

She is as much like Dowrick as anyone totally not like Dowrick could be. Dowrick not playing at all this year is merely a quibble.

Whats the go peeps ?

This picture was on the West Coast Website with the caption:

Mckenzie Dowrick of the Eagles kick the ball in an AFLW preseason match between West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers at mineral Resources Park on January 16th 2021. ??????

She wasn't listed on the team sheet that

View attachment 1041562

I thought Dowrick was out for the season ...!!!!!

Did I have my wires crossed ?????

Can any of you more ITK supporters shed any light on this for me.
Not Dowrick, Isabella Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back