Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who’s actually travelled to America knows it’s not a place to aspire too.. it certainly ain’t like the movies.

The whole thread is just shocking.

Man in late Middle age needing heroin just to work because he can't afford basic hospital care that would be free here

There's something NQR about this.
Of course there is, in your billy bestest mind.

What a utensil to instantly call it as sus before anything else comes out.

‘’You are definitely the certifiable genius (self proclaimed) from the COVID-19 thread.

Your emotional intelligence is about the same as a cucumber.

So, with your superior intellect, why is this NQR?

Or should I expect the usual, non-response or a glib, yet shallow dismissal?

Don’t know why you both bother. You barely agree on anything.

Hey, he's the one that quotes me. I just made a general comment about the matter. I could be right or I could be wrong. We'll see what comes forward.

I took the kids there over the break. Extremely expensive and very packed. The lines for the slides were so long that they could only be bothered going down once....and it wasn’t even hot when I went
Not expensive if you buy a yearly ticket. Think it cost me and my 3 kids less than $500 and we could go unlimited amount of times. Admittedly I live only 25 minutes away so can go often.

One of the worst historical instances was the mass Soviet rapes in Eastern Europe across 1944-45. 1.4 million at least, which included German, polish, Hungarian and even concentration camp detainees (including Russians). Who the hell are you going to report the rapes to? The communist state police or NKVD, not very likely.

Mind you, it was worse under the Germans/Japanese from 1939-44.

Wartime rape is one of the most understudied aspects of military history.

Men died in great numbers during wars but women bore the aftermath of it, particularly for the defenders that lost during an invasion. Everyone from Europe can examine their DNA and it is probably littered with the consequences of lost wars and rape.

You would like to hope that we have become more advanced, more civilised, but it doesn't take much to unravel that civility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a one nation fan, but she got the nail on the head there.

I don't like her or One Nation either, but we have poured a lot of money into indigenous programs and everyone across the board believes they are miles off where they need to be. Questions need to be asked about where the money is going and how effective it is at helping the people it was intended to help.

Had to laugh at that greeny saying she felt unsafe in her work safe. What a complete goose.

"I'm offended" and "I feel threatened" qualify as political debate in 2021.

We have elected members of parliament who believe they represent the people according to their emotional barometer.

Anyone who’s actually travelled to America knows it’s not a place to aspire too.. it certainly ain’t like the movies.
Whilst I agree the US is far from a utopia careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 2 observations I made. Firstly the most street corners of homeless people i have seen other than India. Secondly and small restaurants in small towns almost extinct replaced by franchise's. However the independent bar scene and micro beers are going gangbusters.

I don't like her or One Nation either, but we have poured a lot of money into indigenous programs and everyone across the board believes they are miles off where they need to be. Questions need to be asked about where the money is going and how effective it is at helping the people it was intended to help.
Not that this is an answer at all, but when I visited Yulara and it’s surrounding areas, there was half-finished houses, abandoned construction equipment and concrete slabs everywhere. So many half-finished projects seemingly abandoned.

There were some families of 10+ living in one storey half-finished houses with concrete floors without any running amenities, electricity or carpets. Opal fuel was in use to stop petrol sniffing, few people were employed and the heat was astonishing. Tip of the iceberg.

Not that this is an answer at all, but when I visited Yulara and it’s surrounding areas, there was half-finished houses, abandoned construction equipment and concrete slabs everywhere. So many half-finished projects seemingly abandoned.

There were some families of 10+ living in one storey half-finished houses with concrete floors without any running amenities, electricity or carpets. Opal fuel was in use to stop petrol sniffing, few people were employed and the heat was astonishing. Tip of the iceberg.

Meanwhile, professional activists, many of "questionable heritage" are siphoning up funding so they can live their "traditional" inner city suburban terrace house existence.

It's a rort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back