Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Call

When two of the biggest names from two of the biggest horror franchises of the last 20 or so years get together you would think the result would be pretty good. But in fact it's spectacularly bad. Avoid. 3/10
The Halle Berry film? Good thriller, really enjoyed it.

The Halle Berry film? Good thriller, really enjoyed it.

No. It was only made last year. It has Tobin Bell (Saw) and Lin Shaye (Insidious). Two great actors but even they couldn't save this.

Whats it about.

Is it like you are trying to make a call.. and the call is forever on hold?

A guy offers four teenagers $100,000 If they can stay on the line for one minute.

The Little Things

Very bleak and very deliberate but unsurprisingly given the cast very good.

I actually think Malek is perfectly cast here contrary to what some are saying. Only criticism is it is a little slow at times but compelling overall. 8/10
Yeah good film, I think I am appreciating it more upon reflection and talking about it on here.

The Dry

Wasn’t a bad film but I think the ending was a bit rushed and how everything tied in together at the end.

Still don’t understand what the grant was all about and why you’d kill someone over $70K. Once they figured out who the killer was he gave himself up pretty quickly and admitted to it which was a bit unbelievable.

I’m also assuming the old man’s son that killed Ellie didn’t know it was him all along even though they drove down to the creek looking for her together. How’d the old man also know she was leaving and not just spending the day by the creek?

We also don’t understand how there is a picture of the 4 teens out in the bush, who took the photo?

Enjoyed most of it but it could have been a very good film.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dry

Wasn’t a bad film but I think the ending was a bit rushed and how everything tied in together at the end.

Still don’t understand what the grant was all about and why you’d kill someone over $70K. Once they figured out who the killer was he gave himself up pretty quickly and admitted to it which was a bit unbelievable.

I’m also assuming the old man’s son that killed Ellie didn’t know it was him all along even though they drove down to the creek looking for her together. How’d the old man also know she was leaving and not just spending the day by the creek?

We also don’t understand how there is a picture of the 4 teens out in the bush, who took the photo?

Enjoyed most of it but it could have been a very good film.
Guess I don't need to watch this one now.

Enjoyed Palm Springs today, I thought there was going to be a little bit more at the end but I was satisfied and enjoyed what is basically a rom-com(not my genre).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to look at some discussion about Palm Springs on Reddit and see that the thread has already been archived, despite being like, what, under a year old?

Between the tragedy of the IMDB forums and Reddit archiving threads quick smart, is there any dedicated place left on the interweb to chat films?

A pretty common goof in films, but one I don't personally find hard to ignore.

Agree with your assessment of the film, though I enjoyed it a little more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I don't need to watch this one now.

Enjoyed Palm Springs today, I thought there was going to be a little bit more at the end but I was satisfied and enjoyed what is basically a rom-com(not my genre).

I put that guy on ignore ages ago.

Posts spoilers in TV threads too.

Went to look at some discussion about Palm Springs on Reddit and see that the thread has already been archived, despite being like, what, under a year old?

Between the tragedy of the IMDB forums and Reddit archiving threads quick smart, is there any dedicated place left on the interweb to chat films?

When IMDb shut down the message boards all the posts were archived at moviechat.org. Boards are open, but it's nowhere near as active as IMDb was.

When IMDb shut down the message boards all the posts were archived at moviechat.org. Boards are open, but it's nowhere near as active as IMDb was.
I miss IMDb messages boards so much.

Still go there to read the trivia section but its not the same

It's been tough trying to figure out who actresses look like since they shut those boards down. They were the best when you saw a movie a few years old and wanted to read the thoughts of others. Would have been a nightmare to moderate though so I get why they took them down.

I miss IMDb messages boards so much.

Still go there to read the trivia section but its not the same
I think I use the site like maybe 20% as much as I used to since they closed them.

Even when I didn't post on them for the last few years I'd always read them.

I never posted on it.

But yeah always looked forward to reading the discussions.
It was useful for say some random obscure movie where there would be an obvious question about something that happened most people would ask and sure enough there would be a thread on it.

Only The Animals

Murder mystery about a woman who goes missing during a giant storm in rural France, which contains 5 'chapters', each following a different character with varying degrees of separation from the missing woman. Storylines intertwine, details are slowly revealed, gaps eventually filled. It maybe never reaches any truly great heights, but it was pretty captivating with solid performances all round. (Was also quite a sexy, passionate tale at times, which actually caught me off guard, for you fans of bewbs.)

I never posted on it.

But yeah always looked forward to reading the discussions.

Most of the discussion seemed to be "OMG ..... is so hot!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back