Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

That message was sent this morning at 9.40am, 20 minutes before tickets going on sale, when all people are doing is looking at their computer screen waiting to get in.

There was no talk leading up to the tickets going on sale about any possible need to pay an upgrade fee.

I wont be resting on this one. The Bulldogs will be refunding this fee or they can get f’ed.
It's an AFL thing rather than Bulldogs. Keep the admin team onside as we battle the scum at hq.

That message was sent this morning at 9.40am, 20 minutes before tickets going on sale, when all people are doing is looking at their computer screen waiting to get in.

There was no talk leading up to the tickets going on sale about any possible need to pay an upgrade fee.

I wont be resting on this one. The Bulldogs will be refunding this fee or they can get f’ed.
*ing relax mate, the dogs aren’t getting any money from your ticket. It’s an away game...

You all had the chance for a $0 GA away ticket (which you wouldn’t have got last year) and the option to upgrade as per usual.

very happy with my 3 level 1 seats for under $20 each you beauttty

Not sure what you meant. I checked with some of our spare barcodes.

If they're your barcodes I suggest you remove them quickly as they're your codes for all away games this year and anyone could use them.

Hope that means you got tickets :grin:

I did remove them. Thank you.

And I've chosen not to go as I have a ticket for something else which gives me more value for money (take note AFL/Collingwood). Will watch the game on TV.

Last edited:
Wasn’t working for my wife so I did it for her, just went the $0 option but yeah still had to pay a fee :rolleyes:

They are nosebleed tickets, but considering we are the away team I expected options would have been limited with a reduced capacity and presumably social distancing.

A little bit of overreaction going on already, however the AFL should wear a bit of the angst instead of the club.

Please don't tell me I'm over reacting.
I have purchased tickets online for my family for 10 years for every sporting event.

I know how the system works.

If the bulldogs had have advised of the possibility of paying an upgrade fee, then I would have been aware to look for that scenario. But there was no mention of it until either close to or after the tickets went on sale.

Every bit of correspondence said that tickets would be available to priority 1 members for $0 and if any were left, they would go to the general public.

I think based on that statement that if we got a ticket in the priority 1 allocation, the cost would be $0.

And if you think I'm overreacting, I'll send you my bank account details and I look foward to you refunding the $108.

They shouldn't, which is why they rightly get first dibs at seats. I don't believe anyone is suggesting they should be getting better seats than Collingwood members though.

I'm not going to the game, I just logged on to see what it would look like to get an idea for the season ahead for games I will be going to. The issue being that during the entire lead up to the ticket buying process, the club word has been $0 tickets for away members. There was no asterisk next to it saying "keep in mind the only free seats will be in one specific garbage spot on level 4". Honestly i'd be fine with it if all of level 4 (other than the front as well as MCC) was available as free seating. IIRC the MCG normally has GA seating on level 1 as well in a pocket. But I think having the one small area available for $0 when it's been communicated that away members get in for $0, and having to pay to sit literally anywhere else is dodgy as fu**.

It's obviously not a club issue that these are the only seats people have access to, they wouldn't have the tiniest bit of say in that, but the message that they've sent over the last couple of weeks would have mislead a lot of people I imagine.

Yes in a normal year there are GA seats in those pockets on Lev 1, but how do they try to satisfy those clubs with massive memberships, they have to allocate them as better seats to their members.

And as I keep on pushing, getting into these games for free is bonus benefit this year. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year when people don't get this reward, will the complaints be, but we had it last year.

That's my issue with it too. My text actually came through at about 10 past 10am, so it wasn't even forewarning. In 'normal' seasons, I'm a home and away member and games like this, I would simply need to scan at the gate. No seat purchase. As a comparison, that's all I needed to do for R1 2017 at MCG against Collingwood (a bigger game where we'd just won the flag).

If we need to pay extra as away members, tell us in advance. Not via some "away game bonus membership as a thanks for your support last year" rubbish that means you end up paying for away games anyway. Pretty crook by the club, but we all know that when it comes to membership and ticketing it's all driven by the AFL. They keep preaching how it's so important to for fans to keep supporting the game, but it's all take, take, take and very little give.

I think I'd have been less disappointed if all 4,000 away tickets got snaffled up and I missed out. With limited capacity due to restrictions, that would be understandable. I think that's more reasonable than logging in and then being duped with unexpected entry costs.

f*n relax mate, the dogs aren’t getting any money from your ticket. It’s an away game...

You all had the chance for a $0 GA away ticket (which you wouldn’t have got last year) and the option to upgrade as per usual.

very happy with my 3 level 1 seats for under $20 each you beauttty

Of course the club are at fault. They were aware of this last night, that members, who they had been advising for weeks that the seats would cost $0, would now possibly have to pay for the seat.

That information should have been provided to members last night, not 10 minutes before or 10 minutes after the tickets went on sale.

They had provide tips about how to get ready for the sale, then they get an important update and they fail to tell members about it.

Not good enough.

I have purchased tickets online for my family for 10 years for every sporting event.

If the bulldogs had have advised of the possibility of paying an upgrade fee, then I would have been aware to look for that scenario. But there was no mention of it until either close to or after the tickets went on sale.

Every bit of correspondence said that tickets would be available to priority 1 members for $0 and if any were left, they would go to the general public.

I think based on that statement that if we got a ticket in the priority 1 allocation, the cost would be $0.

And if you think I'm overreacting, I'll send you my bank account details and I look foward to you refunding the $108.

So you got tickets and are still whinging?

Jesus some people.

Plenty missed out so be grateful you are going instead of sooking over $100

Yes in a normal year there are GA seats in those pockets on Lev 1, but how do they try to satisfy those clubs with massive memberships, they have to allocate them as better seats to their members.

And as I keep on pushing, getting into these games for free is bonus benefit this year. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year when people don't get this reward, will the complaints be, but we had it last year.

No they won't complain, this benefit is because of showing loyalty last season.

No one expected it this year, but are grateful for the club showing some thanks for sticking fat.

Wasn’t working for my wife so I did it for her, just went the $0 option but yeah still had to pay a fee :rolleyes:

They are nosebleed tickets, but considering we are the away team I expected options would have been limited with a reduced capacity and presumably social distancing.

A little bit of overreaction going on already, however the AFL should wear a bit of the angst instead of the club.
Did you choose “Bulldogs Priority 1” or “General Admission” before choosing seats? Neither had $0 options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you got tickets and are still whinging?

Jesus some people.

Plenty missed out so be grateful you are going instead of soling over $100

No one missed out.

For someone that spends their life criticising others, and the club most of the time, I'm not going to take any s**t from you.

Why don't you go and crawl back in to your hole.

No one missed out.

For someone that spends their life criticising others, and the club most of the time, I'm not going to take any sh*t from you.

Why don't you go and crawl back in to your hole.

Send me your bank details I will deposit $1 so you can call someone who might care 😘😘😘😘😘

That’s all fair enough. This is also in the bulldogs FAQ in relation to the booking fee I and other people have paid:

00F1A0C3-125A-4AF9-BEED-A22E7B974A1B.jpeg

The people that run the AFL ticketing are so dumb.
My brother wants to come so he had no choice but to get a junior ticket to sit with me because you can’t get an extra ticket that’s reserved next to me.

Seriously No thought process in this.

How many tickets did you buy?

I can’t attend so bought none and gave my two allocated away to mates.

But if I did buy some I wouldn’t be crying like a child over $100 in a Covid state that any of us are lucky to go to the footy under Andrews leadership.

I personally think you are being a petulant child with this attitude in a Andrews Covid state. If you really need the $100 I’m happy to send it to you, actually I’m not I will just spend it on tickets in the coming weeks and then come in here and sook coz I had too.

You are going be grateful and enjoy the game because many that wanted to go aren’t.

The AFL is one of the only comps in the world that guarantees access to games for away fans. Most you are in a raffle like this every week. As a club we don’t turn up to home games so started to whinge about lack of entry to away games is laughable. We made our own bed with poor attendance forever. We are lucky to get the 4000 we did and you are one of those and are still ungrateful You got stung a few by a big corporation that does it any chance it can.

Last edited:
No they won't complain, this benefit is because of showing loyalty last season.

No one expected it this year, but are grateful for the club showing some thanks for sticking fat.

I guarantee that people who don't understand why they have this reward will ask about away games next season.

It's a benefit that covers the cost of entry, the level of seat people want is then up to them, as in any year.
Although the free option wasn't obvious, surprise surprise.

I can’t attend so bought none and gave my two allocated away to mates.

But if I did buy some I wouldn’t be crying like a child over $100 in a Covid state that any of us are lucky to go to the footy under Andrews leadership.

I personally think you are being a petulant child with this attitude in a Andrews Covid state. If you really need the $100 I’m happy to send it to you, actually I’m not I will just spend it on tickets in the coming weeks.

You are going be grateful and enjoy the game because many that wanted to go aren’t

So you didnt buy any tickets, so have no idea about how the system operated this morning.

You, and many other seem to be missing the point. If I was told before hand that I had to pay $20 to buy a ticket I would have gladly done so. But that is not the case. We were told the seats would be $0.

If you went in to a shop saying that a product was $0, and when you got to the register, you were told that they were in fact $20, you would not be happy. If you took 6 of those products to the counter and were told it was $120 you would be even less happy.

I know you will say, no, as long as I got the product, that's all that matters, because all you do is like to disagree with others on here and pick fights.

And you think by saying Andrews Covid state your being smart and looking for a reaction, well you won't be getting one here.

Now please, get out of thread talking about tickets to the Pies v Dogs game, when you didn't even by any tickets to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back