Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this maybe my own opinion, but this is why I'm not a Chris Scott fan... has his favourites like Dahlhaus who's form has been terrible and still gets a game

Is there a chance that Dahlhaus is a fav of Enright?

It's clear that Scarlett has his favorites in the misfits, so maybe Enright has his favourites in the Wolfpack

Is there a chance that Dahlhaus is a fav of Enright?

It's clear that Scarlett has his favorites in the misfits, so maybe Enright has his favourites in the Wolfpack
What ever the case is, any player who hasn't been playing well should be dropped, and give other players like Close for example a chance to play who played ok..

Reckon Dahlhaus was the biggest beneficiary of Rohan’s suspension. He is on notice.
Or he makes for the easiest of changes the following week with Cameron expected to make his Geelong debut against Melbourne next week

Still not even an emergency

bring him in though 🤦‍♂️
Except for Henry in round 1 who didn't travel with the team, we don't seem to often name defenders as emergencies - so either we trust them to be alright for the match or that we can adjust the structure if one is a late out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except for Henry in round 1 who didn't travel with the team, we don't seem to often name defenders as emergencies - so either we trust them to be alright for the match or that we can adjust the structure if one is a late out
That is because we already have so many in the team.

What ever the case is, any player who hasn't been playing well should be dropped, and give other players like Close for example a chance to play who played ok..
Could it be a case this week of not wanting to bring in too many inexperienced players, especially up forward?

We have Holmes on debut, Evans will be playing his second match and Clark just game #24

Unless they wanted to go with say Jenkins, other options to come in up forward aren't experienced players, so maybe they just thought that the safer option was to stick with an experienced option up forward

And this maybe my own opinion, but this is why I'm not a Chris Scott fan... has his favourites like Dahlhaus who's form has been terrible and still gets a game
How Dahlhaus still gets a game is beyond me. Constable terribly unlucky.

Yeah. A footy side should ideally be a meritocracy (earn your place through good footy in the magoos and get promoted, play crap footy in the firsts and you get bumped down a level) and not a place to play favourites. Unless the favourite becomes a favourite through their play.

I don't think Dahlhaus has those kinds of runs on the board yet.

Surely there is someone better than Dalhaus - Geelong are going nowhere picking blokes like him

I can remember Gregson ( post injury when he was no good whatsoever ) Scott gave him about 8 games in a row - and they were all shockers

Scott picking Dallhaus this week - what an absolute joke - and if the Cats get beat ( which is deadset 50-50 ) then Dallhaus will be the 1st dropped - but this week he should have been dropped

How Dahlhaus still gets a game is beyond me. Constable terribly unlucky.
First part wholeheartedly agree, passenger atm. (watch as he makes fools of us all and does well tomorrow.)
Not the 2nd part. Unquestionably justified. Wider expanses with more space to run, he ToG makes him unselectable.

First part wholeheartedly agree, passenger atm. (watch as he makes fools of us all and does well tomorrow.)
Not the 2nd part. Unquestionably justified. Wider expanses with more space to run, he ToG makes him unselectable.

Don’t agree re Constable. We already have Miers and Evans as small forwards. We could easily have dropped Dahlhaus and retained Constable. Dumb selection decision.

Don’t agree re Constable. We already have Miers and Evans as small forwards. We could easily have dropped Dahlhaus and retained Constable. Dumb selection decision.
Can't agree. You might not like the decision, and many of us don't, but these guys know their players and how they're training, so it can not be a dumb decision.

When was the last time a debutant played for us and cemented a spot in the team? We seem to have so many young guys in the system who aren't good enough to hold a spot. I hope Evans and Holmes change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back