Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game time doesn't necessarily equate to fitness levels. There are many determining factors that may have lead to him spending more time off the ground than he should have.
Also, issues in the past doesn't necessarily equate to issues in the present.

I've watched solely his highlights from last week and he's one of the rare few that actually puts themselves in the right position at stoppages but I'll save our midfield coach for another day.
I'm not arguing he doesn't, but I counted I think 27 stats of his in the first half and 11 in the last half. 3 were in the last quarter when Brisbane were pushing.

Think about it this way. If his low ToG% is a strategic decision then what's the strategy? Given he recorded basically nothing in the last quarter when we had to defend then I'd say his lack of defensive running is the driver for it.

I'm not saying he doesn't have weapons. I'm saying he's only good for about 30-40 minutes of gameplay. So he should 100% be the sub. Would be the best sub in the league.

The question you need to address is how much do you reckon first use is of importance
Outside run is the glam side to footy but imo we have always been a bit piss weak inside, other sides reckon so too.
First use is a pretty good thing to have but if you open up a defensive hole late in games having a guy who doesn't defend opens you up by either creating a hole on the field or sitting on the bench and shortening everyone else's rotations. He's the perfect sub but I don't think we can sustain a guy sitting on the bench for half the game chewing up our limited rotations.

really worried about this game i'd give us a 50/50 chance hawks pretty much full strength without day sicily and gunstn
we got ran off ur feet tginst the crows
So we go in as underdogs, and this is the week of underdogs (except for the Dogs)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meat tray winners are those who said

In: Duncan & Holmes
Out: Rohan (suspended) & Constable (omitted)

And emergencies - Constable, Zach Guthrie, Brad Close and Josh Jenkins

Now that Holmes is confirmed (great news BTW), I’m going with:

In: Duncan, Holmes
Out: Rohan, Constable

Would love to see Dahlhaus out for Jarvis but I’m not confident they will.

Expecting Tuohy to play more forward with Rohan out.
#meattray

6B40E6D8-5B40-4DF8-9631-C585203A94EE.jpeg

And this maybe my own opinion, but this is why I'm not a Chris Scott fan... has his favourites like Dahlhaus who's form has been terrible and still gets a game

Round 3 Team
In: Mitch Duncan, Max Holmes
Out: Gary Rohan (suspended), Charlie Constable (omitted)

BacksLachie HendersonMark BlicavsMark O'Connor
Half BacksTom AtkinsTom StewartJake Kolodjashnij
CentrelineIsaac SmithCameron GuthrieZach Tuohy
Half ForwardsMitch DuncanShaun HigginsLuke Dahlhaus
ForwardsFrancis EvansTom HawkinsGryan Miers
FollowersRhys StanleyBrandan ParfittJoel Selwood
InterchangeJed BewsMax HolmesJordan Clark
Jack Henry
EmergenciesZach GuthrieBrad CloseJosh Jenkins
Charlie Constable

Status
Not open for further replies.