Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His impact tapered off rapidly after impacting well in the first. He then played 50-something% game time. Doesn't take a genius to see that the endurance issues he himself admitted to have not been rectified
Big selection week for chooka. The coach wasn’t asked about him in the presser yet acknowledged he was good after the game last week. If he is dropped for an 18 yo debutante with speed (although not like for like) it is obvious the MC want speed in our team, then I think the chook is cooked! He wasn’t considered for a tag role for Neale either. They went left field with O’Connor. So even that Ling type tagging role isn’t something chook can claim.
Hawks mids are not super quick although I think they have pace in other parts of the ground.
If he is dropped after a ‘good game’ then he remains a back up reserves player. Let’s see where the MC goes with this...

They look a bit more aggressive in my opinion, but yeah Jenkins has a chance after 5 goals and no Cameron and sav. If he can’t get in this week then will be tough thereafter I would’ve thought.

That's fair enough but l'm certainly not wiping him off or Constable for that matter, their actual form is inside our top dozen so far into 2021.
Rather Dollhouse out for 1.

You might as well be debating something else that is largely unobservable like the number of freckles on his arse
First hand knowledge on the subject?
Whatever floats your boat mate.

I watched Charlie pretty closely,he was at his best in close at stoppages I think all agree there,to me he looked a bit lost in general play after quarter time it looked like he hadn't been given a job he was forever looking for someone to go to and fell into the trap of just jogging up and back through the middle of the ground reminiscent of Motlop,Varcoe at times in past years and Guthrie 2017 to 2019 looking bog ordinary.
If they can't find a job for him in off the ball time or if he's not capable of spending minutes else where on the ground he will be in a bit of bother,I hope they can work through it,as he's a natural inside mid scares as hens teeth.

I noticed that too he looked like he might have been told to stay out of the forwardline, l was watching him asking the kicker for a 20mt pass, they looked but went longer.
Must have been 5/6 times min.

Can't see us winning this we got exposed by the crows in round 1. hawks play the G really well and setup really well under clarko. We should of lost last wek ad we should be 0-2. I think the wheels have fallen off tbh. Hawks by 24.

Can't see us winning this we got exposed by the crows in round 1. hawks play the G really well and setup really well under clarko. We should of lost last wek ad we should be 0-2. I think the wheels have fallen off tbh. Hawks by 24.
Interesting comment from an Essendon fan...

Especially considering some of your past efforts on this form

Not in the slightest
I wouldn't be too worried with what the Essendon fan has to say; their previous efforts around these parts haven't exactly contributed anything of significance to the discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be too worried with what the Essendon fan has to say; their previous efforts around these parts haven't exactly contributed anything of significance to the discussion
Yeah I understand I’m just getting baited but I could simply point out simple points and if they take it as a negative so be it

Why should we
Hawthorn set up so well at the G in 2019 they defeated the lions and nearly the eagles at the G they are seriously hard to play against clarko sets up the hawks so well there... and with our injuries dangerfield and a lack of second key forward it will be a struggle.

Hawthorn set up so well at the G in 2019 they defeated the lions and nearly the eagles at the G they are seriously hard to play against clarko sets up the hawks so well there... and with our injuries dangerfield and a lack of second key forward it will be a struggle.
What do you mean "our injuries" - you're an Essendon supporter

I thought you'd be more worried with how well Hawthorn play at Marvel Stadium considering what they did to your team back in round 1

What do you mean "our injuries" - you're an Essendon supporter

I thought you'd be more worried with how well Hawthorn play at Marvel Stadium considering what they did to your team back in round 1
im a cats fan as well
but yea really worried i think hawks edge us.

im a cats fan as well
but yea really worried i think hawks edge us.

No your not - seen what you've posted on forum in the past, it's far from what someone who supports the team would post

It's time to run along back to the Essendon board and enjoy last nights win

If Duncan and Holmes are inclusions as suggested, you would think (or at least I would) that Guthrie would be the one to miss out along with Rohan, with Constable as the sub.

If Duncan and Holmes are inclusions as suggested, you would think (or at least I would) that Guthrie would be the one to miss out along with Rohan, with Constable as the sub.
Cam Guthrie omitted?

Disagree. If he gets dropped he's stiff. I'm totally disenchanted with our selection committee over the course of the last 3 years. It's time they ignored playing favourites and went with the players and structures that benefit the way the game is headed. Constable should be a big part of that imo.
I’m not so sure the ‘game’ is headed in the same direction as Constable unfortunately. New rule changes have done nothing to prolong his career for me.

It’s 2021 now and we’re a stronger side and they’re weaker
They have a lot of in experienced players
They also are missing key players to there lineup

Also I’ll add I’ve been a massive Clarkson fan but starting to go down the track if he isn’t that good of a coach, they had an extremely large group of players who were early draft picks.
Now they don’t and seem to be struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back