QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on the meds mate, you've spent 2 pages arguing more kids should be promoted and then finished your recent post saying 17 years olds shouldn't play seniors. :think:
No, i said im not sold on 17yos playing vs men.

Case by case basis.

Always terrific to see Bigfooty showing people actually involved in running clubs with real experience versus the dads or ex players full of opinions who have never coached/managed/administered a club at this level.
Not sure who I should believe more... hahahah
Its all just opinion mate. And i agree you should listen to those you believe have the more experience. Then make your own decision based on all other info you have.

And no, im not a Dad whos son hasnt been offered a game of seniors.

They basically lost their 1st over the off season, NEALF guys gone, Coleman, Crozier, Wishnat, Colenso, Tasker (who would play 1st this year) gone, and a few others. Reserves will have to step up to 1sts. Have a lot of players listed apparently. A deep well of average.

I reckon Billy maybe Will Taskers dad going on the above comments?

He is always bagging Morningside as Tasker was a kid that went to MtGravatt last year after his dad cracked a wobbly as he wasn’t training in senior group that looked likely to play round 1?

At that stage even Blake Coleman wasn’t in that group as they had all just started after playing Colts previous year.

Just seems odd you would label a kid definitely playing Seniors (above) in that sort of statement?

Definately an upset Daddy our Billy 😂

I reckon Billy maybe Will Taskers dad going on the above comments?

He is always bagging Morningside as Tasker was a kid that went to MtGravatt last year after his dad cracked a wobbly as he wasn’t training in senior group that looked likely to play round 1?

At that stage even Blake Coleman wasn’t in that group as they had all just started after playing Colts previous year.

Just seems odd you would label a kid definitely playing Seniors (above) in that sort of statement?

Definately an upset Daddy our Billy 😂
No, definitely not Sean Tasker. lol. Will is a good kid. Would be playing seniors if he stayed. I understand him leaving last year for more opportunity. Morningside was a hard team to crack into last year, and Will has his ambitions i guess. Him moving may have had more to do with opportunity, and his manager, than any blight on the Morningside club or his Dad.

I have been a bit hard on Siders list. But they dont compare to last year. (and cant expect them to). Theres no doubt they have talent at their disposal, and will have blokes that step up.

Doesnt matter who i am. No one, or club is beyond a bit of criticism. Im not upset. Just voicing opinion. Um, its a discussion forum.

AFL Queensland - State League > 2021 QAFL Seniors

Sync

Saturday, April 10, 2021
259068_1_T.jpg

Broadbeach

vs

Labrador
3530589_1_T.jpg

2:00 PM

BROADBEACH - SUBARU OVAL (MAP)
MATCH CENTRE
35787845_1_T.jpg

Palm Beach Currumbin

vs

Morningside
36613749_1_T.jpg

PALM BEACH CURRUMBIN - SALK OVAL (MAP)
MATCH CENTRE
36407050_1_T.jpg

Redland-Victoria Point

vs

Surfers Paradise
2242975_1_T.jpg

REDLAND-VICTORIA POINT - TOTALLY WORKWEAR PARK (MAP)
MATCH CENTRE
36755647_1_T.jpg

Sherwood Districts

vs

Mt Gravatt
124699_1_T.jpg

SHERWOOD - SHERWOOD OVAL (MAP)
MATCH CENTRE
2312012_1_T.jpg

Wilston Grange

vs

Maroochydore
1705136_1_T.jpg

WILSTON GRANGE - HICKEY PARK (MAP)
MATCH CENTRE

i think you'll find its more likely the artist formerly known as covertackle.
Geez some blokes carry on! 'X poster was this X poster, this one was that X poster, etc'. 'This ones kid didnt get this, this ones kid is that.' You have no idea!

Doesnt even matter. Thommo may be Mr Bean, or the President of a footy club! I dont care, nor do i want to know!

Geez some blokes carry on! 'X poster was this X poster, this one was that X poster, etc'. 'This ones kid didnt get this, this ones kid is that.' You have no idea!

Doesnt even matter. Thommo may be Mr Bean, or the President of a footy club! I dont care, nor do i want to know!
What a sook is Billyclub. Tries to be all intellectual with his obsession and agenda but when he doesn't get all to agree the tantrums start.

What a sook is Billyclub. Tries to be all intellectual with his obsession and agenda but when he doesn't get all to agree the tantrums start.
Ha! I dont care if you agree with me! lol

As ive said NUMEROUS times. Its just OPINION.

Yours, mine. Not right or wrong. Just opinion. I can change my mind if you present an opinion i like. I often change an opinion. Eg; Swans really ARENT crap.

Didn’t read his last post as a tantrum. That’s more on you and you putting a voice and vocal inflection to another poster to suit the image in your mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads new to the gold coast area and wanted to check in on the local fball forum up here and i've never seen so much bitching and moaning about under age football and academies, I would have thought I would be reading about new recruits, whos injured and why noosa lost to grange when everyone picked noosa to get up. go make a colts/academy forum to complain about your special children not getting a game.

Hey lads new to the gold coast area and wanted to check in on the local fball forum up here and i've never seen so much bitching and moaning about under age football and academies, I would have thought I would be reading about new recruits, whos injured and why noosa lost to grange when everyone picked noosa to get up. go make a colts/academy forum to complain about your special children not getting a game.

Agreed, the thread for this comp is usually a good read - play on!

Be interesting to see how the Grange vs Noosa form line holds up. Obviously not much between them so see how it unfolds against the Broady, Palmy, Labrador etc

Looked liked Noosa tried to be more physical against the younger bodies of Grange. A lack of discipline certainly cost cost them the game. Will be interesting to see if they have the same approach against some of the bigger bodied teams...... Good on Grange for holding on to win, but it is going to be a long season for such a young group to be physically targeted each week. Home game this week against the Roos should go down to the wire also and provide a clearer picture of where both teams are at.

Looked liked Noosa tried to be more physical against the younger bodies of Grange. A lack of discipline certainly cost cost them the game. Will be interesting to see if they have the same approach against some of the bigger bodied teams...... Good on Grange for holding on to win, but it is going to be a long season for such a young group to be physically targeted each week. Home game this week against the Roos should go down to the wire also and provide a clearer picture of where both teams are at.

Can’t disagree with any of that.

ten 50m penalties and 2 free kick reversals is an incredible number. Not sure Roos will play that sort of game. Bit of luck this rain nicks off and the grange surface holds up and I think it will be a pretty good game of footy.

think I’ll wait until the teams are released 😎

Hearing a lot of VFL boys back to club land this week to try and get some footy into players. Not sure if many top liners being released but heap of mid range boys going back to Gold Coast Clubs.

Thinking Broadbeach will be very strong this weekend?

Noosa played like absolute grubs and didn't deserve to win. Thought must have hurt to see a couple of their own juniors being in the best few for the oppositions. Assume the weather was absooutely horrendous (TV never shows how bad) because the standard of footy was horrendous, and lets hope for both teams sake it was the weather, otherwise it will be a long year for both of them.

All this talk of Colts and youth is just a diversion for why a side is no good. Don't think you get 6 points for a win if you have a bunch of teenagers playing do you? Just had a look at the teamsheets, don't see any 16 or 17 year olds on there for either team anyway.

Noosa played like absolute grubs and didn't deserve to win. Thought must have hurt to see a couple of their own juniors being in the best few for the oppositions. Assume the weather was absooutely horrendous (TV never shows how bad) because the standard of footy was horrendous, and lets hope for both teams sake it was the weather, otherwise it will be a long year for both of them.

All this talk of Colts and youth is just a diversion for why a side is no good. Don't think you get 6 points for a win if you have a bunch of teenagers playing do you? Just had a look at the teamsheets, don't see any 16 or 17 year olds on there for either team anyway.
If Noosa play like that against the Labradors etc. they will come off very second hand..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back