Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Swans v Bombers Thurs April 8th 7:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans a little lucky there.
Sure they are 4-0 but they aren’t that good. Their youngens will be inconsistent over the year. Like Bombers.
Think SCG will be Swans least fav ground. The G suits their run and spread far better.

This is the most blatant form of biased damage control that I have seen

Have a look around you m8. Literally every oppo supporter is calling this sh*t out (which rarely happens), get your hand off it and get a grip

Ok, change "probably" to "definitely". But it's hard to argue there was a deliberate bias when such awful frees were missed or paid to our disadvantage as well. It was just a terribly umpired game and the Bombers got the worst of it by a fair way.

I'm more than happy to concede they were the better team on the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a pretty horrid display of umpiring tonight.

Swans good young group but pretty obvious they are going to run out of gas half way through the season.

If Reid breaks down reckon they are in a bit of strife.

I really need to know, take ball out of ruck means no prior opportunity. Is there any time limit?
It's the same prior as a normal possession. So if someone tackles you inside two steps, pins your arms and you make at least an attempt to dispose of the ball, it's ball up.

I don't get why they got rid of the prior opportunity when taking it out of the ruck the fact that you could take it out and run 5-10 meters get tackled & it's not holding the ball...

I mean there were several blatant high frees not paid to us, and Hickey got a free against for his opponent not getting up after a tackle.

Frankly the whole game was poorly umpired. We probably got the better overall but there were some awful calls all round.
But that "better overall" was significantly better when the free kick count was 29-15 and the margin was 3 points. It could have been the difference between a loss or a win tonight for Essendon. For this reason, it is important for umpiring to be consistent throughout the game and especially between the two teams.

I don't get why they got rid of the prior opportunity when taking it out of the ruck the fact that you could take it out and run 5-10 meters get tackled & it's not holding the ball...
You can't and that didn't happen in this game.

Back