Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a fat kebab eating sydney stack offers way more than mia rioli

get him and ccj in next week

Maybe Lynch should start to play in front and maybe make a lead. I'm sick and tired of seeing him have the front position and then work his way to play from behind. For a big guy he hardly has any impact on games, he is turning into another Vickery. I hope I'm wrong but the signs aren't good bottom line is he needs to impact games for the money he is on last season he was a total passenger.
I agree with you, he doesn’t get treated fairly by the umpires, however he doesn’t help himself. I commented on it last night to my father, he doesn’t take the front position enough.

I agree with you, but it’s not enough for some people. Unfortunately. :(
Rioli wouldn’t be able to play out the game yet fitness wise we had Martyn only play 60% game time last night and he’s been in the system a year longer and was meant to be our better young gut running mid

I agree with you, he doesn’t get treated fairly by the umpires, however he doesn’t help himself. I commented on it last night to my father, he doesn’t take the front position enough.
It's so frustrating to watch, he can't take a grab to save his life. So many times the ball just slips through his fingers, I nearly punched the TV I was so angry. At the end of the day is he work 900K and the answer at the moment is NO.

Even when Lynch is one on one he still looks to play from behind
Could be directive from the coaches they may like to always have one forward deeper than the deepest defender or he may just prefer to play from behind in one and one situations we quite often see Dusty play from behind when one on one as well

Nah Son of Maurice will be backed to the hilt. He can do no wrong! And rightly so.
You’d be surprised mate, how long before he starts getting shitty nicknames if he isn’t a superstar like his father or Cyril?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be directive from the coaches they may like to always have one forward deeper than the deepest defender or he may just prefer to play from behind in one and one situations we quite often see Dusty play from behind when one on one as well
Maybe but it's not working, they need to restructure the forward half. I would much prefer Caddy and Jack than Lynch and Jack.

He is capable of doing good things so the question is why has he turned to sh*t?
go watch lynch in the port game in 2019

leading , marking, goaling , useful when the ball goes to ground. complete polar opposite of what he was

dunno what has happened but hes become a big dumb spud
Exactly it's like he has lost the ability to play forward. I would drop him to the VFL for a couple of weeks.

Big call mate. Bakes is a ripper. Had a subpar night like a couple of other blokes but I am going to back him in. A couple of ore senior players lacked situational awareness or had seniors moments due to being rusty and the high pressure from Port but they will all be better for the run.
Hope your right mate.I'm a fan of bakes trust me.But he seems a bit off this year.

This. Also stops the bullshit high free kicks like the Butters opening goal that are technically high but aren't taking the players head off and the player with the ball is playing for.
Yes exactly. What was the high free kick introduced for? Probably to protect the head. If the high contact is not a dangerous contact, then why is it being paid a free kick? Has it become one of those things where it is done just for the sake of formality?

Also, there are a couple more that I want to see gone because they aren’t being paid consistent enough:

- The deliberate high contact where the player is searching for someone to collect them high or accentuates the contact when the original contact wasn’t that dangerous. Not only ducking or diving, but also lifting the arm (e.g. what Shuey, Selwood and Papley do). I’m not calling out these players, but it’s more for representation of what I’m talking about.

- The push in the back where a player lays a fingernail on the opposition or a slight push that isn’t dangerous. These aren’t paid consistently so get rid of it altogether. Only pay the obvious ones.

- In the back when a player is on the floor and the other wants to get the ball and happens to lay on top of their back. We get pinged for it, but watching neutral games I barely see it get paid. What’s the risk of doing that? Get rid of it.

- Wrestling/holding at marking contests where it’s 50/50. Hipwood and Mason Cox get like 4/ 5 free kicks on his own and Riewoldt + Lynch can only muster like 1 between them even though the same thing is occurring. Fwiw, I think that other teams like Fremantle, GWS, Geelong and Essendon forwards (usually) are also hard done by with this rule so it’s not only Richmond. Don’t pay it if it’s a 50/50 and this is probably the worst of the 50/50 infringements.

- Deliberate rule. What was it brought in for? When the player does not make sufficient attempts to keep the ball in play. How in the world is a spinning player (like Balta yesterday) going to be able to know where he’s hand-balling to? The guy is spinning! I actually like this rule low-key, but again, only pay it when it’s obvious that the player actually made insufficient attempts to keep the ball in. Essendon also get hard done by a lot with this rule from my observations so it isn’t only through a Richmond lens.

- and now to my biggest gripe: HTB. I don’t understand this rule anymore. I used to see it as a rule that gets enforced where a player gets pinged if they had the ability to dispose of the ball but didn’t or dragged it in. If a player falls on top of the ball and the opposition players keep it in for them, then why is this pinged? Me no understand! Meanwhile, another player who took like 5 steps from the rucking contest gets a ball up when caught.

Just keep it simple and pay the obvious ones. Don’t pay the ones that are not there and especially the 50/50 ones because I’m not mad if we don’t get a free kick where the arm of an opposition tackler slightly slips above the shoulders of a Richmond player. When I get mad is actually when we don’t get that free kick and the opposition on the other end does. I’m sure all 18 teams have experience with that so it’s time the AFL scales back adjudication. Not necessarily the rules in many of the cases, but how they adjudicate it. I feel like I am scarred of the whistle now.

TL;DR - don’t pay the 50/50 calls in all of the rules in our game. Just pay the obvious ones and we’ll have a better umpiring standard.

just trolling coz like 3 people so far have said he isn't available until rd5 even though next week is rd5 lol

I get it ... haven’t had much sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back