Autopsy Rd4 Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for St Kilda Rd5

Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the replay, 7 minutes to go in the 1st quarter Jonas takes what he thinks is a mark in our forward 50 but Riewoldt touched it first, ump calls play on but Jonas tries to claim the mark and holds onto the ball like Houli did. Riewoldt and Bolton tackle Jonas and the ump immediately blows the whistle for a ball up.

It was umpire 16, Hosking I think.

Why is Deboy umpiring differently?

The other worrying thing is that supporters remember specific games where he tore it apart. He should be up and about more often than not.
The thing is that no team with multiple key forwards have them both tearing it up at the same time
As long as at least one of them (Jack or Lynch) are getting multiple good looks at it than it’s working how it was intended
Lynch is drawing multiple/ the best defenders and it lets Jack have a good look at it

If we play Caddy Jack is the one getting Double teamed so we lose Jacks 4 -5 shots at goal that he is getting at the moment and gain only caddy’s 1 or 2

Just watching the replay, 7 minutes to go in the 1st quarter Jonas takes what he thinks is a mark in our forward 50 but Riewoldt touched it first, ump calls play on but Jonas tries to claim the mark and holds onto the ball like Houli did. Riewoldt and Bolton tackle Jonas and the ump immediately blows the whistle for a ball up.

It was umpire 16, Hosking I think.

Why is Deboy umpiring differently?
Because Deboy is a cheating flog he gave Port players more time but RFC he was quick to blow the whistle.

Welcome to the NFL & NBA
couldnt agree more,i said this 3-4 years back,that the corrupt Americans have infiltrated our game ,it started with that AFL X garbage
they sponsor Docklands with Marvel, NFL & NBL games are decided on by the officials,its all about Vegas,the bookies
the gambling $$$...any game of signifigance in the AFL now will be decided by officialdom,put your money on it.
The Americanisation of our game mainly down to this bloke:

b5f7f699-d9f8-46be-a52e-64daedca800f-jpeg.1098584

View attachment 1098586
john bunting posting from inside prison ?

See guys Dan Rioli is easily in the best 22. the debuts offered nothing.
Bit harsh on Nigel.Thought he showed abit.Made a few rookie mistakes but so did Balta.
Martyn yep no impact.Overawed i think.

Bit harsh on Nigel.Thought he showed abit.Made a few rookie mistakes but so did Balta.
Martyn yep no impact.Overawed i think.
Yeah, people being harsh on the first gamers neither of them did anything worse than Nanks kick to grimes that cost us a goal
I actually vomited when he did that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, people being harsh on the first gamers neither of them did anything worse than Nanks kick to grimes that cost us a goal
That wasn't the only one. Cotch and Grimes both got pinged in Port's forward line when they didn't go the first option and hung onto the ball, Blicavs style.

I think Houli completely mangled a defensive pass too.

Hope your misses wasn't sitting beside you at the time.

We all know that we get done over withe umps week after week , sure we play a on the edge type of footy & give away some undisciplined frees , but we never get any 50 50 frees that most of the teams seem to get. Christ wouldn’t Lynch love the frees that Mason Cox gets !

But how many of you have mates that seem to think that it’s us who get the free ride with the umps ? Christ it s**ts me , like if the once in a blue moon we receive one which results in a goal the usual text comes through saying here we go again etc , must be the tall poppy syndrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In all three of our recent Premierships we've been reamed by the umps all year then seems to have had a much fairer ride in the finals when the umps tend to put the whistle away and let them play hard. That suits us so I'm not going to get too upset by the crap umpiring 21 frees to 11 or something, just par for the course. Wait til Optus later in the year ! Lol

I’m sure the deliberate behind rule was brought in to stop exactly what Gray did last night.
There’s been many paid with defenders much closer to goal line and under far more pressure, perceived or otherwise.
Didn’t think it was a bad call tbh
He had 3 players on him and saved a certain goal from us
Grimes did the same thing in the 3rd qtr and it was called the same

Rightful side won score board flattered us port should of won by 40 lets be honest

Sick of the umpire saulking all the frees were there and full credit to them for manning up and paying them

Lots of work ahead loss next 4 then go bang to the flag
Your right about the result maybe not 40 but we were lucky they couldn't convert in the 2nd.
But your wrong about the umpiring.
Baltas deliberate
Houli's touched mark.
Port get 30 secs we get 5 before being called play on.Watch the game again.
2 sides out there with 2 different sets of rules for both.

Jack is aging, not the superstar he used to be. Lynch needs to take a mark now and then. He's useless when the ball hits the ground or when oppo has the ball.
Castagna had a quiet one, as did Aarts.
Cotch, Dusty & Edwards need to somehow get involved more. Until they retire I want to see them all dominating.
Bolton needs to be injected into the midfield more. Always looks good when he's in the action.

Defence still appears to be missing Vlas badly. Was good to see Houli back and he'll improve each week, but Balta and Grimes both seemed to be a bit off.

I thought Mansell was quite good early, but didn't notice him in the second half.
Will Martyn got a bit better as the game progressed but is a bit behind the pace.
I'd hope we can carry both of them next week at least. Think debutants deserve two games before being sent back to VFL.
Agree.Give both another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back