Autopsy Rd4 Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for St Kilda Rd5

Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb ins and why Ross
Caddy had to be dropped for disciplining but will come back in. We re a better team when he is playing well in the correct position, just not sure where that is.
If Macca is fit he comes back.
We need to bring in a second ruck option, at least for a week or two when the matchups call for it. Astbury does ok and Balta, but I don’t like pulling them out of the defensive unit.

Jake Aarts 0 tackles tonight and I said careful when dropping Rioli who works gets overlooked when he doesn't have the footy even in the GF he picked up the ball quick hands to graham to Prestia goal. you can't teach that sort of instincts.
Selfish player.
Even with his only goal he could've done the team thing and passed it off.Lucky for us he kicked it.

I think I can speak on behalf of all Port fans when I say I have now found total peace with that prelim loss ♥♥
As an older supporter who still has 'mares about the 82 Grannie, you declare way too early. They never go away . Your Archer will be scarred for life on the back of of the pre. 2020 is the Premiership that Port will NEVER have. NEVER

Haven’t seen one of these media tip 🐀 have the decency to bring up the fact port were gifted multiple goals from blatantly biased umpiring.
I was close to not even watching the 2nd half, I was in utter disbelief at how many dodgy calls led directly to port goals.
There has been at least 3 games already this season decided by piss poor umpiring, which I put down to S.hocking constantly changing rules every far ken season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 fees to 12 hurts especially playing in front of a parochial crowd
What hurts more is frees given to home side and similar ones not given for the away team

In the end it was there to be won, just had to slow it down to nail one more instead we missed opportunities and a rebound goal... Game over

Just a head's up for those who think Lynch stank it up and should be dropped, traded, or something....

At about the 7:40 mark of his post-match presser Dimma got a question about Jack.

In his response he said he thought both our key forwards competed well in a difficult game.

The bottom line seems to be that those of us who want more from Lynch probably aren't going to get it.

Tugga ,I know it may have been premature to play two kids but Dimma took the opportunity to play these kids to get some great experience in a game with finals like pressure and a hostile crowd.

The two debutants would have learnt a ton from last night.

We may have lost but Richmond play the long game.

Port celebrated like they won the flag last night similar to what the Crows did in their “revenge“ game in 2018.

I truly believe teams playing their grand final against us every week makes us a very battle hardened side come finals time.

Looks like Hocking and the AFL will have to race in Deboy a few more times yet to stop us!

Good point about the pressure being good for the kids.

It was a hard night at the office for them, no doubt, but if they were ever under any illusions about what's involved in the step up to AFL I'd say last night's game will set them straight.

Dimma was bullish about Naish and Ralphsmith in his presser so possibly more debuts to come.

Now is certainly the time to do it rather than waiting till the pointy end of the season.

Just a head's up for those who think Lynch stank it up and should be dropped, traded, or something....

At about the 7:40 mark of his post-match presser Dimma got a question about Jack.

In his response he said he thought both our key forwards competed well in a difficult game.

The bottom line seems to be that those of us who want more from Lynch probably aren't going to get it.
Like I said 1goal 3points lynch , it's not like he isn't hitting the scoreboard, he is the least of our problems.

It would be nice if our smalls were ready to crumb when Lynch brings it to ground. I'd love more from him too but right now he's competing against two and surprisingly halving a lot of the contests. We just don't have anyone around to support. George is only one man and Farts is useless at crumbing and harrassing.

Just watching the replay, 7 minutes to go in the 1st quarter Jonas takes what he thinks is a mark in our forward 50 but Riewoldt touched it first, ump calls play on but Jonas tries to claim the mark and holds onto the ball like Houli did. Riewoldt and Bolton tackle Jonas and the ump immediately blows the whistle for a ball up.

It was umpire 16, Hosking I think.

Why is Deboy umpiring differently?

I don't recall ever seeing a player pinged for holding the ball for doing what Houli did with that (non-)mark.

I was a bit gobsmacked by that decision.

imagine he umpired a prelim between us and port

would be like a little kid in a candy shop and his eyes would light up
Or like you in Carl’s Junior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back