Autopsy Autopsy vs Crows - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely ran out of legs.

Couple of LDU efforts in the last just summed it up, he was too tired to tie his lace before a set shot, then a complete brain fade to bounce the ball while being tackled.

1 (2) down early, it’s understandable but we are noticeably less fit than seemingly everyone in the competition.

I did like today that there was some passion, on the field and in the stands. They showed us they weren’t happy with last week so I was glad I went along, bit of noise in Q3 was good to hear again.

Hayden’s costly early errors and not taking advantage when we had the run of the game is frustrating but they’d have run all over us anyway. Zurhaar going off improved us, might be a bit of reality about that.
Screenshot_20210411-155110~2.png

Campbell only goes out for Xerri.

Although I wouldn't be beyond giving X a string of games in the VFL.

People potting Tom, did our forward line not function significantly better where we actually had a tall structure?

Larkey has his best game this year. Tom has a hand in that.

To Channel Tef, it's symbiotic, and if you can't see it I can't help you.

Campbell got some monster penetration into a F50 entry which Goldstein contested that led to the Phillips goal. Larkey was in the background.

Not sure what the sling tackle rule is these days but Mahoney got totally slung in the the tackle on a front and square and Phillips swooped on the ground ball for the "Boomeresque" goal.

Without Campbell, Goldy and Larkey, it probably would have just been another intercept mark.

Tom Campbell just needs some confidence, that he can actually play a role.

It must suck, being last in, first out, all the time. Then going back and dominating, VFL.

He doesn't need to star, just back him in and say * it, you're playing the next 6-8 weeks, regardless.

Anyone else at the game notice the sheila that read the team names prior to the bounce got at least three wrong. Mahoney became Ma honey (been watching all the Police Academy movies), Zurhaar became Zoo ahhh, Ben Mackay became Ben Mackie. FFS. Embarrassing to the club. Surely it isn't too hard to get the names of the players right.
Yes. Utterly ludicrous situation. Madam. You are fired.

Can someone please let me know how and when, Zurhaar was concussed?

It was toilet time, for my 4 year old niece.

I told her to go easy, on the Great Northern's.
Went in for one of his crazed, manic tackles and didn’t quite get the execution. His nose went straight into the other guys shoulder I think.

Went in for one of his crazed, manic tackles and didn’t quite get the execution. His nose went straight into the other guys shoulder I think.

If he's not hammering the opposition, at least he knocked himself out. Not the other way around.

He'll wear it, as a badge of honor.

Plain depressing considering the Crows were pretty poor themselves, our efforts being undone by poor skills entering fifty and the late downhill skiers that bloated the score line. I am much flatter than last week as we could have and should have won.

It is the same senior players letting us down time and again. Thank christ for the kids and the few perennial whipping boys showed up to play today. I am sorry Tom Campbell and I thank you for your vfl efforts, but I don't want to see you in a north jumper again.

Normally I have blind optimism or positivity after a loss, but this has been my flattest loss in two years from a personal POV.

The start of this year was always going tk be rough given how turbulent the off season was.

I reckon our best footy will be between round 10-16 with our run of games at Docklands and Slowbart.

More positives than last week and we move slowly closer to a point of having some sort of cohesive plan and structure to execute it.

We're a fair way from anywhere but at least we seem to have picked a direction to edge towards.

It'll get better. It's gonna take time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall grew up a K from me.

I've defended him, then lost confidence......

.......he made a couple of shockers but when he's alight (not StK midget style) he brings so much.

We are a better team with him creating.

Positives:

I thought Stevo was outstanding today and his teammates are gonna have to explain burning him a few times when he helped at the back, pushed forward and got ignored. Bloke will be a star that's for sure. That 3rd quarter was his best quarter thus far. Everywhere.

LDU. He was very good too. It doesn't help that there's a lean amount of leadership but he was breaking tackles and running the lines well. Did miss two gettable shots and made some basic errors but damn what a gun he will be.

Simpkin. Had a bit of mongrel getting into the Adelaide midfielders and contributed massively to clearances and when we dominated the 3rd quarter. His vision is underrated much like LDU.

Young. Had to play taller and did an excellent job.

McKay. This guy is unbelievably good. Wow.

Bonar. Our next back pocket defender? Was very good today as well.

Larkey. Umpires absolutely f’ed him as he got monstered a few times but I thought he was extremely crucial in the middle when the ball was loose. Made it very hard for Adelaide to rebound. That goal tally needs to keep ticking!

Turner. Had some very bad moments but he got right into Laird and gave it his all.

Phillips. That classy goal. He will do the number 29 proud. You've earned it son!

Powell. When we get a run on this bloke will be giving us the edge. Scary to think what he can do with a functioning forward line. Bloke is a outright gun.

Goldy. I swear without this bloke we're absolutely f’ed.

Thomas. That last goal he kicked will only make him grow as a footballer. He will become the next Wells.

Atley. He was very composed today especially under immense pressure.

Scott. Didnt have his best game but he did bring a contest to a loose ball. He stopped Adelaide from getting back the ball as easily. Tried.

Cunnington to an extent. He still does his stuff but I feel like he isnt quite back at his best. He needs a few weeks to get there at least. Or he might not get back there at all.

Hall. Just about his best game for the club. He did make some blues but geez when he gets going we look more sexy.

The captain. I don't care what anyone says this bloke gives us composure when the ball is hot. Hit some kicks we thought he wouldnt go near.

Negatives:

Campbell. Needs to nail those shots. Dropped far too many easy grabs for a big boy. Either he improves or Xerri takes his spot. I think he's going to be delisted.

Mahony. His disposal lets him down. Gotta be better than that although much like the other young blokes he has time to improve.

Lazzaro. Didn't notice him much other than when we got into another gear during the 3rd but can't be hard on him at this stage.

Very disappointing to go down like we did in the 4th. But let's be realistic, if any club had the cupboard as bare as we did they would be f’ed too.
Surprised we didn’t win by 15 goals after reading this summary 🙄

The start of this year was always going tk be rough given how turbulent the off season was.

I reckon our best footy will be between round 10-16 with our run of games at Docklands and Slowbart.

More positives than last week and we move slowly closer to a point of having some sort of cohesive plan and structure to execute it.

We're a fair way from anywhere but at least we seem to have picked a direction to edge towards.

It'll get better. It's gonna take time.
I know all this having told myself the exact same thing, but expectations are different from experience. This is worse than 2006. The only way is up I suppose.

What's wrong with this picture everyone?
5627bb19ae5432ec1abe62f9015d1deb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm struggling to believe the posts around here shitting on LDU. If you're doubting his ability or suggesting he needs to get dropped then you're the lowest common denominator of supporter and can only interpret the game through the most superficial lense.

You're going to feel like morons sooner rather than later for ever doubting him.
LOL. Turn it Up. LDU is not AFL Fit. Just like how Thomas is not AFL Fit. I could go on and on about some of these Messiahs. They’re aren’t a speck of s**t on Baby Jesus. That dude bounced back from a Crucifixion. LDU would be gassed carrying the Cross for 100 metres. It’s time that some of these guys with Talent pulled their fingers out of their cracks. :stern look

Surprised we didn’t win by 15 goals after reading this summary 🙄
There's no point in replying with that rubbish. Lower your expectations as we were given rogering from the umps and copped two more injuries.

We're severely lacking in some areas and I'm going to give credit where its due. The boys gave it a crack against a team that doesn't have the same downfalls up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back