Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The long term outs of X & Butters will pit a huge dent in our Top 4 aspirations. I’ll be happy to be 7-5 going into the back half of the season & come home strong leading into the Finals.
If we are the top team our coaches say we are it should be one soldier down, the next one in, but I too am nervous. Still games into some other promising youngsters is never a bad thing.

we need Rozee to step up (in the midfield) to cover Butters in the middle

woodcock to cover Butters in the forward line.

Ligaments and ankles are tricky injuries, get both boys right before bringing them back. If that’s 3-4 months so be it. If we are good enough we’ll still win

When all three perform we rarely lose.
They're a huge loss. Top 6 without them would be a pass, providing we don't get any more injuries. Butters isn't replaceable with his recent work in the middle, Duursma is in some respects.
Everything is a huge loss to you.
Biggest drama llama on this board!
Now you’re changing to Butters being a big loss. Nobody is arguing that, your point was that all three were essential and can’t work without each other, which is typical nonsense.

So roughly our injury list looks like?

SPP - Suspension - 4 Weeks
Goldsack - Knee - 6 Weeks
Bonner - Hamstring - 4 Weeks
Pasini - Shoulder Reco - 12 weeks
Marshall - Ankle - ?
Butters - Ankle - 2-8 Weeks
Fantasia - Ankle - ?
Duursma - Knee - 6-8 Weeks
Clurey - Cork - OK
Aliir - Cork - OK
Rozee - Cork - ?
Powell-Pepper isn't suspended.

Just do what we have to let's get them right for the future this so could depth needs to step someone might surprise us.
It does suck though was saying to my old man after the first qrt young Zak will be getting million dollar offers from Vic clubs soon enough that's how good he is going to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just do what we have to let's get them right for the future this so could depth needs to step someone might surprise us.
It does suck though was saying to my old man after the first qrt young Zak will be getting million dollar offers from Vic clubs soon enough that's how good he is going to be.

Butters is one we must keep at any cost. This guy is going to be a brownlow medalist in a few years if he continues to improve like what he does now.

A shame Bonner is still a few weeks away. A real chance to push his case on the wing, and there still is with Duursma out for so long, but will need some coverage in the meantime.

Butters isn't replaceable, but we had an unbelievable run with injury last year. Hopefully it isn't too long, but if he's out for a while, some other players get a chance to show they should be in the team, and hopefully create a healthy competition for spots when both of them are back in the second half of the season.

I dont know if surgery means its worse for Butters, but you imagine it does as he likely needs it pinned.
Not necessarily, they may lasoo (if I spelt that right) it from my experience of shattering my ankle and the amount of crap they did to fix it and every bit and piece that was broken or had torn ligaments etc.

I'd assume they'd pin Butters ankle though looking at what happened to it.

We can cover Duursma for 12 weeks. Bonner comes back, or push Burton or Houston up to the wing etc.

Wont be able to cover Butters, unless Rozee some how steps up, but then we don't have anyone who can replace Rozee's combo of speed and skill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back