No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On themselves, gravity would suggest.

No apparently they go upright for a few seconds do the deed then go hang again. But the imagery you suggest is more entertaining I must say. Of course the question remains if they are all clustered together you wouldn't want to be in a lower tier of the cluster. Poor choice there

"F**K George not you again. That's gross. Can you not look before you go"

Anyone on here familiar with Adrian McAdam's career? I just read that he kicked 23 goals in his first 3 games, and 68 in his first season of 17 games. Then delisted two years later after playing just 36 games.

WTF? Was this a common phenomenon back then to have such an unreal start to your career and then just fizzle out so quickly? And why would North delist him so soon when he was obviously so talented?

Anyone on here familiar with Adrian McAdam's career? I just read that he kicked 23 goals in his first 3 games, and 68 in his first season of 17 games. Then delisted two years later after playing just 36 games.

WTF? Was this a common phenomenon back then to have such an unreal start to your career and then just fizzle out so quickly? And why would North delist him so soon when he was obviously so talented?

Adrian's fall from grace was spectacular but there were others inc our John Roberts.

Sometimes injury was unkind or the Oppo worked them out.

Far from a common phenomenon. I believe the greatest goal return in league history from a player's first 3 games.

Extraordinary talent, high flyer, dancing feet and delighted in doing the flashy, unpredictable stuff.
Helped by being the 3rd fwd behind Carey & Longmire.
But in part the opposition worked him out. Didn't particularly like the physical side of the game or the niggle.

He also admitted later that at first it was all a bit of an adventure, but over time he missed home.
Found it difficult to motivate himself and North became frustrated with him, both with endeavour, but also Pagan had introduced a more structured gameplan, that Adrian found difficult to fit into.
His brother (Gilbert) was playing with St Kilda at the time, but then left for the Brisbane Bears.
Adrian also got his jaw broken and basically he decided enough was enough and headed back to the NT.

not totally out of the ordinary. check out jason heatley.

McAdam was around 22/23 by the time he debuted. had longmire, carey around him. allison.

sav rocca was de-listed by the pies at 27.

one of the wakelin twins was traded for pick 4 in the same year his brother was just de-listed

North Melbourne
11.5​
15.7​
25.10​
35.19​
229​
Sydney
1.3​
8.5​
12.8​
16.9​
105​

mcadam with 10. doesnt kyle reimers have some sort of goal kicking record from Gold Coasts first season

WA in 3 day lock down - North Melbourne have arrived already.
May be a few days before they can get back, or WCE to get home.

Take care. Be safe everyone :heart:

Victorian man who tested positive was one of two in adjacent rooms to those who tested positive.
He was in Perth for five days before he left for Melbourne yesterday, and has already passed on Covid-19 to one of his close contacts in Perth.
“We now need to assume he was infectious during this five day period.”
They’re still contact tracing, but he went and had a coffee in Leeming on the 18th, a dinner in Northridge, and stayed at St Catherine’s College at UWA, went to a traditional Chinese medicine doctor, visited Kings Park on the 20th and Northbridge again, and then wen tto the airport on the 21st.
He was on QF778 and Victoria is tracing those 257 passengers.

Victorian man who tested positive was one of two in adjacent rooms to those who tested positive.
He was in Perth for five days before he left for Melbourne yesterday, and has already passed on Covid-19 to one of his close contacts in Perth.
They’re still contact tracing, but he went and had a coffee in Leeming on the 18th, a dinner in Northridge, and stayed at St Catherine’s College at UWA, went to a traditional Chinese medicine doctor, visited Kings Park on the 20th and Northbridge again, and then wen tto the airport on the 21st.

Selfish prick , just close all flights from India

More strange for me is that this guy went about half an hour out of his way to have a coffee in Leeming. Who goes that far for a coffee?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was my initial thought, but there was no mention of the person/people he would've been in contact with. Isn't the whole idea of contact tracing not just about identifying where he went, but where his contacts have also been?
Think it depends on time spent, inside or outside etc as to whether they're considered a close contact. Any number of reasons someone could go out of their way.

Selfish prick , just close all flights from India
I don't care he should have been in quarantine in Perth
The guy had completed his quarantine;

It comes after a Victorian man this morning tested positive in Melbourne after completing 14 days of quarantine at a WA hotel.
Mr McGowan confirmed a close contact of the man in Perth — a woman with two children who he stayed with after completing quarantine — has today also tested positive to the virus.
The 54-year-old man left hotel quarantine on April 17 but did not return to Melbourne until April 21.

You do realise that the vast majority of people arriving from India are Australian citizens/residents?
You're fine with abandoning Aussies?

I don't care he should have been in quarantine in Perth
Uh he was... After his 14 day quarantine, he spent 4 or 5 days in WA then flew home, where he was informed others in the medi hotel had since returned positive results. He wore a mask in Melb airport and got tested when informed.

The guy had completed his quarantine;

You do realise that the vast majority of people arriving from India are Australian citizens/residents?
You're fine with abandoning Aussies?

I don't like the idea of abandoning Aussies, but I also think it's not our fault that India can't get their s**t together, especially when you see the scenes of them having mass festivities in the middle of a pandemic.

If the hotel quarantine system gets overwhelmed and it's true that such a large portion are returning from India, then there has to come a point where we say enough.

Mark Williams was one I was always surprised who disappeared. Top goal scorer for a premiership side - which included Buddy & Roughead- and then just got worse and worse. Gunston ended up becoming the player Williams should have been

career ending injury, not a disappearing act

not totally out of the ordinary. check out jason heatley.

McAdam was around 22/23 by the time he debuted. had longmire, carey around him. allison.

sav rocca was de-listed by the pies at 27.

one of the wakelin twins was traded for pick 4 in the same year his brother was just de-listed

North Melbourne
11.5​
15.7​
25.10​
35.19​
229​
Sydney
1.3​
8.5​
12.8​
16.9​
105​

mcadam with 10. doesnt kyle reimers have some sort of goal kicking record from Gold Coasts first season
was at that game, the swans kicked the first 7 goals of the 2nd qtr to be within 3 goals.

hard to believe you can kick over a 100 points and still lose by 20 goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back