Autopsy Round 9, 2021: St.Kilda v Geelong *WEBSTER 100TH* *WILKIE 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Word on the street is that De Goey is gettable, if we can get Hanners off our books to free up some cash we should make a play for him.

He can kick straight for goal which is a big plus.

No to De Goey
If you can jag B King as GC go down the crapper you do it
De Goey poor mans Dusty

If you guys dont want max king, can ship him over to us. Kid is a champion in the making and better than his brother. Hawkins also was a s**t kick for goal early in his career. Something to endure but will get better over the years.

If i could take one player from the saints it would be king.

If you guys dont want max king, can ship him over to us. Kid is a champion in the making and better than his brother. Hawkins also was a sh*t kick for goal early in his career. Something to endure but will get better over the years.

You chose stuv...😉😉

If you guys dont want max king, can ship him over to us. Kid is a champion in the making and better than his brother. Hawkins also was a sh*t kick for goal early in his career. Something to endure but will get better over the years.

Nobody wants him gone, the only argument is over what should be done with him in the very short term to protect (and improve) him for the long term.

Nobody wants him gone, the only argument is over what should be done with him in the very short term to protect (and improve) him for the long term.

We had the exact same thing with tommy hawkins early on. His a pretty reliable kick now.

Patience and not heaping pressure and hype on him.

Literally just practice x 1000 and experience is all that will fix it. The kid is well advanced in terms of output and influence for a second year forward

If you take away the conversion, he was brilliant on friday night. Did all the hard stuff then messed up the easy stuff.

I'm massive on this Joffa. One of the handful of actions that make Australian Rules Football unique has been diluted to the point of the game now resembling another (AFL only being a competition of course). I'd rather them ping the odd in close legitimate handball as a throw rather than the current ping nothing that has lead to the game resembling the "rugbies".

Actually give the boundary umpires the licence to call a throw too. That would be bloody interesting (as an ex boundary runner in local footy each week I saw heaps I would have pinged).
we have 3 field umps and not 1 is willing to call a free when not in control, thoroughly pathetic.
if we could afford Treloar - which we couldn’t as explained in the article from the other day. It would have cost a second round pick.
There was no need for a first rounder to change hands if we traded for Treloar. As clearly explained in that tweet for Callum Twomey. Pick 14 was traded for additional points to match the number 1 pick bid. WHICH WE WOULDN’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.
I don't think we had a second-round pick or a third.

Spot on. He's probably never had to deal with a confidence slump like this in his whole short life, he'll be stronger on the other side of it - though it might take another 6-12 months.
Absolutely and in the mean time perhaps he stays exactly where he should be, at least where he is, and Coach to provide a little more effective strategic diversity in attack which might take some of the pressure off the kid to be the lone gun that wins or fails!

So we know the base cap is 95%.
We also know we couldn’t afford Treloars approx. 600k that the dogs are paying in our cap.

for 2020-21 it’s fair to say we are closer to max then base cap.

out of contract
-Billings is on 700-750. Probably gets similar
- Ross is apparently re-signing - so maybe slightly lower.
-pretty sure Sinclair Jones and Ryder all need new deals aswell from memory.

Dunstan and Kent surely leave and will be on a decent deals signed under Cho. some relief for Roberton aswell.

The big money is Hanners deal end of 21 which looks like it’s the perfect size to bring on Ben King.
The excess we create this season and next has to go towards Re-signing Steele, Marshall and Max King. The new deals for Clark and Coffield are also kicking in next year.

it would be a fair assumption that we are closer to max cap then base and the room to manoeuvre appears bookmarked for King.

AND we haven’t utilised a full list. Let’s say that’s another 400-500k for rookies to bring us up to max numbers.

we used the years under cap to pay Dougal,Hill and Hanners.
We don't know sh1t. Some can do maths, others can't .

Out of me clicking the laughing emoji on an entire post - it’s that I’m laughing about your dad George ?

i chose the laughing emoji because of you saying you don’t work in membership - but you wanted to tell others a few weeks back who did how it all works and what the club can or can’t do and what’s possible

If you think otherwise. My apologies

AFLOnline if you think that, why haven’t you blocked me? You like enough of my posts

aussierulesrules I’m embarrassing myself? Because I have a belief about what’s best for our list?
Oh yeah I like so many of your posts man. I don’t find them cringey at all.

block feature is for the weak

Last edited:
Next year is our year. We’ll have an easier draw. More mature kids. Team has had a chance to unify with all the transactions that’s taken place over the last 24 months. With a hint of luck with injuries and the umpires, we’ll be back to our best. Think we hit the draft next couple of years and ensure the next 5-7yrs we’re a finals side competing with youth coming through.

Chin up. We’re coming.

We had the exact same thing with tommy hawkins early on. His a pretty reliable kick now.

Patience and not heaping pressure and hype on him.

Literally just practice x 1000 and experience is all that will fix it. The kid is well advanced in terms of output and influence for a second year forward

If you take away the conversion, he was brilliant on friday night. Did all the hard stuff then messed up the easy stuff.
I remember his break out game - I think it was 2011 qualifying final against Hawthorn? He had shown glimpses but in that game and indeed that finals series he stamped his authority and lived up to the hype. Crazy to believe that he’s still just as influential a decade later.

Still can’t believe some want king dropped. 99% of the time a player is dropped it’s because they are out of form. Kicking for goal isn’t form it’s a routine. It won’t get better in the seconds. It will get better with practice at training not at sandy And he gets replaced with who? Mckernan hunter? Anyway he will play baring injury. I’d say geary will come in. Let’s hope Marshall gets up because we have zero replacements for him.

From what i am reading on google with Marshalls injury, it comes across he would be better off taking the rest of the year off so he can hit the pre season healed and ready to roll. Running on it aggravates the condition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next year is our year. We’ll have an easier draw. More mature kids. Team has had a chance to unify with all the transactions that’s taken place over the last 24 months. With a hint of luck with injuries and the umpires, we’ll be back to our best. Think we hit the draft next couple of years and ensure the next 5-7yrs we’re a finals side competing with youth coming through.

Chin up. We’re coming.

We need to hit the draft. We don't have much youth and our older talent isn't top end apart from Steele and Marshall. We are going to have to find our own stars because we are cash strapped. We have a list profile that is pretty unusual, Dogs and Melbourne both look like they have created dynasty quality lists now, we look a long way off either so really need to hope Libba isn't as bad as Trout was.

Still can’t believe some want king dropped. 99% of the time a player is dropped it’s because they are out of form. Kicking for goal isn’t form it’s a routine. It won’t get better in the seconds. It will get better with practice at training not at sandy And he gets replaced with who? Mckernan hunter? Anyway he will play baring injury. I’d say geary will come in. Let’s hope Marshall gets up because we have zero replacements for him.
Marshall gets up? Isn’t he having surgery?

We need to hit the draft. We don't have much youth and our older talent isn't top end apart from Steele and Marshall. We are going to have to find our own stars because we are cash strapped. We have a list profile that is pretty unusual, Dogs and Melbourne both look like they have created dynasty quality lists now, we look a long way off either so really need to hope Libba isn't as bad as Trout was.

Our list has a very good age profile. Think of Melbourne 3 years ago.

Marshall gets up? Isn’t he having surgery?
Well I obviously hadn’t read that when I wrote it. I had local footy yesterday. Apart from saints supporters laughing at our goal kicking I had no other news on the saints. I suppose mckernan come in or battle plays as a key forward and geary comes in.

Agree. But hit that gold in the draft and they can make an immediate impact just like any trade.. we should get a top 6 pick this year. Imagine adding a Smith or Bont or Serong ect to this midfield. Adds depth, future and creates a strong playing group.

This year has been a disaster. Our draw, injuries - basically everything that could go wrong has. It has to turn. Just think to next year with an easier draw, top draft pick and some luck. Will change.

No way would I drop King. The fwd entries plan should be to him if in front and clear OR to another player who is either in space OR in a better position. For a shot on goal.

King did a lot right on Friday night.

Agree. But hit that gold in the draft and they can make an immediate impact just like any trade.. we should get a top 6 pick this year. Imagine adding a Smith or Bont or Serong ect to this midfield. Adds depth, future and creates a strong playing group.

This year has been a disaster. Our draw, injuries - basically everything that could go wrong has. It has to turn. Just think to next year with an easier draw, top draft pick and some luck. Will change.
What if you add Luke davies uniacke or paddy Dow.

Has he got the tank to play second ruck?
Maybe focusing on something else might help his kicking, I seem to remember Barry Lawrence coming as a forward but not really hitting his straps till he went back.

Has he got the tank to play second ruck?
Maybe focusing on something else might help his kicking, I seem to remember Barry Lawrence coming as a forward but not really hitting his straps till he went back.
Would get smashed, and don't really want your top recruit getting clobbered. Did a little bit on the weekend.
Looked most effective as a high half forward on Friday night. His field kicking is very good and contested marking forward of midfield is a real weapon.
Now Marshall is down it makes it difficult to move him though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back