Scandal Joffa Corfe facing child sex charges (board rules apply)

Remove this Banner Ad

Referring to Milne? He pleaded guilty to one charge of sexual assault and was fined 15,000, NO PRISON TIME. The judge said himself

" some consensual sexual activity occurred between Milne and the victim, it was clear she did not consent to having sex. "

The court heard the woman could not see in the darkness and believed Milne was Montagna.

Put two and two together and a reasonable person can see how things got hazy. Yet Milne is crucified by all and sundry. Collingwood crowd were plenty vocal towards him.

Glass houses alright.

Joffa joins charities to help out young people. Joffa moves to Fiji to a peasant community. Seems to be a pattern emerging with him placing himself in these situations.

Will you be up and arms over this like your feral supporter base was towards Milne? Not likely.

Well there is the stuff which came out related to what happened to Rod Owen recently.

So this is the straw that breaks the camel's back? Pretty laughable that there's a few holier than thou types coming out of the woodwork saying "I always knew he was one of them" as if they weren't giving him a free pass for decades.

Where was the condemnation for the bullying? "He's just a bit old school."
How about the racist statements? "I'm sure he didn't mean it."
Molesting children "societal norms"

... but now we have clear evidence that he is an actual Collingwood supporter and everyone's climbing over each other to distance themselves from him as fast as possible.

Referring to Milne? He pleaded guilty to one charge of sexual assault and was fined 15,000, NO PRISON TIME. The judge said himself

" some consensual sexual activity occurred between Milne and the victim, it was clear she did not consent to having sex. "

The court heard the woman could not see in the darkness and believed Milne was Montagna.

Put two and two together and a reasonable person can see how things got hazy. Yet Milne is crucified by all and sundry. Collingwood crowd were plenty vocal towards him.

Glass houses alright.

Joffa joins charities to help out young people. Joffa moves to Fiji to a peasant community. Seems to be a pattern emerging with him placing himself in these situations.

Will you be up and arms over this like your feral supporter base was towards Milne? Not likely.

As a fellow saints supporter, can I suggest just not getting involved in a comparison of past matters to make some argument. Every club has people associated with it who have done something heinous I am sure, hopefully justice prevails.

Yeah he's a club icon, that has as recently as last year been recognised by the club but it's got nothing to do with them.

He’s not even a Collingwood member. He shouldn’t get any attention at all. He never should have been given any attention to start with.

The media were drawn to him because he liked to make a spectacle of himself. I had never seen him until they decided to focus on him. He never represented Collingwood fans. Eddie liked him and that’s it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Met him a few times through work. He’s got the Collingwood bogan side certainly but he seemed passionate about his social work and respected in his field. Seemed like a nice guy.
I’ll be very disappointed with Joffa if these allegations are proven. Thoughts with the alleged victim.
"Respected in his field"

Really?

Sounds like Jimmy Saville 2.0

You often hear this..even with serial killers
Such a quite fellow, good neighbour, kept to himself, never heard anything... except for all the screaming... well obviously all the screaming but apart from that.

Genuine question: Did he stop being a Collingwood cheersquad and club member of his own free will or did the club make the choice? I was surprised when I read in here recently that he was no longer a member.

PS. I was ripped a new one in an unrelated forum a few years ago for daring to call him a bogun.

He’s not even a Collingwood member. He shouldn’t get any attention at all. He never should have been given any attention to start with.

The media were drawn to him because he liked to make a spectacle of himself. I had never seen him until they decided to focus on him. He never represented Collingwood fans. Eddie liked him and that’s it.

Whether you liked him or not as a prominent member of the Collingwood Cheer Squad he very much did represent Collingwood fans and the club in an official to semi-official capacity.

Yeah he's a club icon, that has as recently as last year been recognised by the club but it's got nothing to do with them.
Nah, don't try pinning it on the pies, they may have done some dodgy stuff but this isn't on them, if true it's 100% the individuals doing.

Nah, don't try pinning it on the pies, they may have done some dodgy stuff but this isn't on them, if true it's 100% the individuals doing.
I'm not saying it's on them I'm saying that of course they're going to be linked because he was a prominent figure at the club and operating in a official capacity as a member of the cheer squad had he just been random Nuffie #59802 that liked to watch from standing room in front of the bar nobody would associate him with the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back