Autopsy 'Tis but a scratch - injury time -v- Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

What I liked.
1. Treacy is a real find.
2. Acres as the back up ruck. Tigers won a flag with Griggs as a back up, Collingwood did it with Leigh Brown and Kepter Bradley did a great job as well. for us.
3. Henry is starting show brilliance.
4. Brayshaw's goal
5. Dogs are second and for most of the game we were in it.

About done with him. He’s a trier but he’s not involved in enough. Never around the packs as a small foward. Colyer and Henry at least have done far more. Crowden is pushing better. But still both need an upgrade. We miss Frederick and Sturt badly

Yeh Schultz has no pizzaz, trier and good luck to him being on a list but he is at the bottom of the list of small forwards in the comp.

It is moments like these that you realise how dumb internet footy forums are.

Hats off to the Freo players for playing out that game. Watching Crowden injure himself and realise he couldn't come off summed it up for me.

Just showed how unintelligent he is as a footballer. Can't even figure out how to get to the bench.

Delist.

I am starting to seriously worry about the impact of all the injuries on the mental health of our younger players. Just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, no finals to look towards, just another preseason. And yet more injuries...

What does that mean?
Those questioning the team's desire etc.

You can't go up against a top 4 team after losing 4 key players, so you are down to 1 interchange rotation when they still have all 4 for almost the entire last quarter and be disappointed when they get a hold of you.

There were some other negatives throughout the game but clearly injuries were a major factor in us having any chance of winning that game.

Those questioning the team's desire etc.

You can't go up against a top 4 team after losing 4 key players, so you are down to 1 interchange rotation when they still have all 4 for almost the entire last quarter and be disappointed when they get a hold of you.

There were some other negatives throughout the game but clearly injuries were a major factor in us having any chance of winning that game.
Who is questioning the team's desire?

Yeh Schultz has no pizzaz, trier and good luck to him being on a list but he is at the bottom of the list of small forwards in the comp.
He's not alone there. Crowden had a better game tonight than Schultz but you can raffle him, Schultz, Colyer and Switkowski and not really get any variance. One of them will usually have a good game while the others struggle.

Walters having a bad season and Henry being young means we're struggling for anything at ground level. And it's not like we have elite key forwards to hit up on the lead.

Who is questioning the team's desire?
I'm not going to trawl back through and find the posts. People are emotional post loss, so no biggie. I was just expecting to see a lot more positivity post game about how the team went today given the circumstances and was disappointed it devolved in to complaining about MSD selections, lack of heart, spud x should be delisted etc.

We did alright considering.
But now we have the bloody draft to look forward to again.

If cerra signs I am confident we will improve next year with another top end pick.
With the wealth of players on the sideline.

I'm not going to trawl back through and find the posts. People are emotional post loss, so no biggie. I was just expecting to see a lot more positivity post game about how the team went today given the circumstances and was disappointed it devolved in to complaining about MSD selections, lack of heart, spud x should be delisted etc.
Yeah I too was waiting for another"we dominated but lost by x goals' series of posts. Would that the sort of thing that would have pleased you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're new here, clearly, with expectations like that...

He's not alone there. Crowden had a better game tonight than Schultz but you can raffle him, Schultz, Colyer and Switkowski and not really get any variance. One of them will usually have a good game while the others struggle.

Walters having a bad season and Henry being young means we're struggling for anything at ground level. And it's not like we have elite key forwards to hit up on the lead.
Can add giro to that list.

I am starting to seriously worry about the impact of all the injuries on the mental health of our younger players. Just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, no finals to look towards, just another preseason. And yet more injuries...

I'd consider 2020 2021 and maybe even 2022 to be throw away seasons anyways. We're living through a pandemic and nothing is normal anymore. When we come out on the other side, we are going to look back on this period as a curiosity. I'd feel more concerned for those teams that are in their premiership windows. They are the ones that are being robbed of something meaningful. Hopefully we peak when there is fixture certainty, when home games reliably alternate with away games, and crowds are plentiful.

I was just expecting to see a lot more positivity post game

I really want to be positive, because it was awesome seeing the future small and tall of our forwardline in Henry & Treacy play so well tonight and continue on their form together, but honestly all these skill and injury related issues (of the past 8 years) is just so miserable to constantly deal with it just overshadows it all especially when it's raw.

Maybe sometime during the week (not Tuesday night) we'll be more positive about the game. :p

Can add giro to that list.
Haven't seen enough of him to say. But I've said here before that a lot of the bottom end of our list looks like the crop we had under Neesham & Drum. Triers whose best is slightly above the lower league, and could be competitive performers in a good side (think Paul Puopulo) but as a collective will always come up short.

A fair run with umpiring (which was diabolical, easily a 4-5 goal net in favour of the Bulldogs) and injuries, and we easily beat the team 2nd on the ladder. A lot to like, but it's hard to see us ever breaking our injury curse.

I know he ruined it a bit but I thought Wilson was very good most of the night. He defended very well & was really creative counter attacking.

Cox was terrific till injury as was Griff.

Fyfe got us back into it. His field kicking was good too.

Henry continue to grow. He’s special.

Treacy is perhaps going to be the biggest draft bargain of last year. Strong mark, smart, tackles like a demon & the best leg we’ve had since Pav took the boots off.

Cerra did some nice things & Brayshaw was strong all night. Kicked a great goal but it remains worrying he can’t finish on the run or execute a basic set shot. Serong isn’t quite as brilliant as last year but still very handy.

On the downside that’s the worst game I’ve ever seen Walters play. He’s devoid of confidence.
Crowden & Shultz don’t do enough.
Lobb is so hot & cold.

The umpires were appalling. There was at least one potential 12 point turnaround when Treacy wasn’t paid an arm chop & they rebounded straight to goal. Also when Henry wasn’t paid the mark.

Injuries . . . I’m so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back