Autopsy 'Tis but a scratch - injury time -v- Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

“Luck with Fremantle's injuries probably balanced out horrendous umpiring luck. God I hate Razor pandering to the home crowd. Narcissistic showmen don't make great umpires for a reason.”

they actually believe this bullshit
same dickhead reckons we get routinely advantaged by the umpires over here, self awareness levels are staggering

Can anyone explain why it’s our goal kicking accuracy we’ve decided to just let “sort itself out”? Surely it’s one of the more important parts of football, to actually score goals.

Why can’t we just say “Yep, it’s poor. We are gonna spend some time seriously working on it”, have everyone focused on goal kicking at every training, and let the midfield and defence just “sort itself out”

It's funny, that was the first game I've been to live in a while and for some reason I came away feeling more negative than the general tone I'm reading on here. Maybe the seats being less comfy than the couch is why regular attendees are so grumpy on here all the time?

At the game all I could focus on was how we couldn't pick through their zone at all, yet as soon as they had a kick in they would hit a man all on his own 60m out on the boundary every time, then whisk it down the other end in seconds.

And all night I felt like they simultaneously dominated us in the air and had the numbers at ground level with their crumbers always in the right spot.

And speaking of the air... how f**king bad at running under the ball is Lobb? It was like he'd never played footy before and had no idea how to judge the flight of the ball.

And again it might have been the different view I got live, but the umpiring just seemed completely bizarre all night. We got a few our way but the balance seemed to go with the Dogs and it felt like they got a heap of easy goals just handed to them... and often at crucial times just when we were getting close.
No the umpiring was bizarre from the couch and yes we did make it harder for ourselves than was necessary.

Can anyone explain why it’s our goal kicking accuracy we’ve decided to just let “sort itself out”? Surely it’s one of the more important parts of football, to actually score goals.

Why can’t we just say “Yep, it’s poor. We are gonna spend some time seriously working on it”, have everyone focused on goal kicking at every training, and let the midfield and defence just “sort itself out”

I swear that kick by Treacy for his second goal from 50 out was the purest set shot kick from distance this club has seen since Pav retired. I defy anyone to show me vision from the last five years of a single set shot to rival it's effortless competence. Maybe Cam Mac might have been closest? That's great for Treacy, disgusting that five years of professional football hasn't seen a single player on our list that can do this.

same dickhead reckons we get routinely advantaged by the umpires over here, self awareness levels are staggering

Geez, we barely break even at home if we're lucky.

Sounds like they've got a case of eaglitis where they've become so used to being favoured by the umps they've lost all perspective.

Reality is we were always going to struggle to make finals this year particularly after early injuries to key players.

We now get to see Meek come back in as first ruck. Tabs should be back next week and I'm excited to see him work with a more confident Treacy. Fyfe out means we may see Valente debut sooner than thought, and we may even get to see Western this season.

Injuries suck arse, but will give opportunities for others to step up.

I am gutted for the boys but in a way now I have written this season off I can enjoy the development of the kids without expectation. Kind of like watching Peel.

Geez, we barely break even at home if we're lucky.

Sounds like they've got a case of eaglitis where they've become so used to being favoured by the umps they've lost all perspective.
he followed it up with this, I reckon there’s eaglitis combined with watching west coast games and assuming the same applies to us
I think we can reasonably agree on the outsized effect that umpiring has on Perth crowds, which is further reflected in this game (and backed up by copious amounts of statistical research and statistical analysis), rather than just whining about umpires.

They've done research on German soccer crowds for example and teams that have a running track around the stadium actually get screwed because is makes the noise from the crowed a bit quieter like a few thousand less people were in the crowd, giving those teams are marginally lower home ground advantage.

It sucks, but it just makes the win a better won that we overcome the crowd.

I swear that kick by Treacy for his second goal from 50 out was the purest set shot kick from distance this club has seen since Pav retired. I defy anyone to show me vision from the last five years of a single set shot to rival it's effortless competence. Maybe Cam Mac might have been closest? That's great for Treacy, disgusting that five years of professional football hasn't seen a single player on our list that can do this.
He's good.

There was one from Frederick that looked the business too

We got some soft frees ngl. I hate that in the back rule when a player both needs to tackle and defy gravity and not fall in the back. How weird was the Cerra one

They have said it's poor and they're putting extra focus on it at training with set shots and wotnot. I'm pretty sure Bell said exactly that the other day on radio.

Abso-freaking-lutely. Considering the shots that are being missed it’s well beyond sorting itself out. Most of the goals tonight seemed to be stunners. Outside 50, bananas on the run, etc...set shots 25-30 m out, nah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have said it's poor and they're putting extra focus on it at training with set shots and wotnot. I'm pretty sure Bell said exactly that the other day on radio.
It’s not a consistent message though. Serong was on the news saying it will sort itself out, uploaded to YouTube with a title to that effect too.

How annoying is the football update from Triple M at the breaks? Real atmosphere killer. Thunderstruck after each goal can * off too and pre game “We will Rock You”.

Some positives
- Treacy and Henry played really well.
- Brayshaws goal.
- Decent amount of scoring shots.

Negatives
- Backing just looks disorganised compared to last year.
- Missed 4 simple shots on goal that should be kicked 99% of the time.
- Injuries
- Lobb
- Walters

We really got smashed out of the middle tonight too

Lots of positives and the obvious negatives. One point I want to make is Schultz is just too slow. Numerous times tonight he killed our momentum through inability to make a quick decision. If we didn't just get four injuries I'd have him out of the team. Tries hard, one of the greatest effort givers, but too slow of mind and not good enough by hand or foot.

Schultz was poor tonight but has probably earned the luxury of a down night, sad part is his lack of class was highlighted by the quality of the opposition
He’s not the sort of player who can afford to string too many like that together though

We really got smashed out of the middle tonight too
Did we? Thought Freo held their own. Liberatore didn’t do his clearance work. Bonts gets away with whatever the heck he wants and gets rewarded for it. It’s like he’s Anti Fyfe.
McRae is a soft but elite kicker. Cerra, Brayshaw and Serong held their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back