Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely is not the dictionary definition of fascism.

But obviously some people think the rule is draconian. But the rule "wear a mask outside only when you can't socially distance" is unenforceable. If two people are too close to each other without masks, maybe one is at fault and not the other.

The only way to have mask wearing enforced is to have the blanket rule and then for everyone to use common sense, like 90% of the people walking past my house who are carrying masks and not wearing them. But on the main street in town, everyone is wearing them.

The two bolded parts are in almost direct contradiction with each other.

"You must wear a mask when outdoors" is not open to any interpretation. Nor does it allow for common sense.

And that is another issue with the law. There is no wiggle room. There is no room for common sense to be applied.

Last edited:

On you, you don't get to decide which laws apply to you. Does that mean I can drive drive if I think it's draconian and unfair?

On your wife, no. I'm guessing if your wife stopped wearing a mask she would still have the same anxiety. It's a symbol, not the cause. Don't be shocked if she's also triggered by people wearing masks or people avoiding her when she doesn't.

Get her to a gp and have a good chat with them.

No, if you drink and drive you are presenting a threat to yourself and others. Therefore the law is reasonable.

If I am not wearing a mask in a park, when socially distanced there is no threat to any other person. Therefore the law is unnecessary, draconian and fascist.

You're a smart guy Ned, I'd be staggered if you couldn't see the difference.

Also, I am not asking for your medical advice. Thanks.

No, if you drink and drive you are presenting a threat to yourself and others. Therefore the law is reasonable.

If I am not wearing a mask in a park, when socially distanced there is no threat to any other person. Therefore the law is unnecessary, draconian and fascist.

You're a smart guy Ned, I'd be staggered if you couldn't see the difference.

Also, I am not asking for your medical advice. Thanks.

you are a risk to people with a low immune system or other health issues. the whole point of wearing a mask is to protect someone else if you are infected

you are a risk to people with a low immune system or other health issues. the whole point of wearing a mask is to protect someone else if you are infected

In a park, by myself? We both know that is bullshit.

Show me the data.

In a park, by myself? We both know that is bullshit.

Show me the data.

how often are you in a park by yourself these days (esp during lockdown)?

I walk my dogs for 10km a day, and im lucky if i have a continuous 1-2 minutes without traffic

I really think if they are worn properly indoors and outside as a courtesy when encountering others that is the main thing. If that means pulling it up when you are passing other people surely that's ok.
Originally the idea of masks was to stop people touching their faces and transmitting to their noses and mouths any virus particles picked up by generally touching doors, anything really, in public areas. In reality people can't leave the masks alone, always moving them up and down and adjusting them. Plus, you're supposed to use a new or washed one each time you go out; I bet many are still on their first one from the 10-pack! :mask: :$

I walk my dogs for 10km a day, and im lucky if i have a continuous 1-2 minutes without traffic
Guess it depends where you live but that is my experience too. Except for the last couple of days only crazy dog people of which I am one were in the parks.

More often than I'd like right now mate given it's hard to see mates at the moment. I try to find open spaces and keep away from people but would prefer to be outside than in. I'm inner-east but have some good parkland and the Yarra Trail nearby.

Guess it depends where you live but that is my experience too. Except for the last couple of days only crazy dog people of which I am one were in the parks.

last couple of days DEFINITELY an exception :D

The two bolded parts are in almost direct contradiction with each other.

"You must wear a mask when outdoors" is not open to any interpretation. Nor does it allow for common sense.

And that is another issue with the law. There is no wiggle room. There is no room for common sense to be applied.

There's interpretation in how it is enforced. The blanket way, the police can use their discretion in enforcement. If they're at an anti-lockdown/vaxx protest where people are deliberately flouting the rules, they can fine who they want.

If they see somebody on a suburban street without a mask, they can ignore it (like they do with 100 other crimes they would see every day - parking on the naturestrip is illegal), or issue a warning, or speak to the person and if the person is an a-hole back and not carrying a mask, they can issue a fine.

And yes, without a mask, in cold weather, if you sneeze/cough on a bench (in passing) and somebody comes and eats their lunch on the bench, you could transmit the virus and neither of you would have seen each other. In hotter/warmer weather, the virus dies pretty quick. In the refrigerated conditions we've got at the moment, it's perfect for the virus to sit around for maybe hours.

Such transmissions are rare, but do occur. Asian countries have mountains of literature on open-air transmission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not true. There's that "Statistic" floating around spread by gym owners, but if you look into it, they say "since Nov 2020" and I think is specific to Melbourne.

There were multiple transmissions at gyms last year. Avalon gym in NSW was a big one and happened in December 2020
So none after standards were raised and proper awareness about how to properly sanitize. Also how many in Vic?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

The scham is being uncovered day by day.

Btw I have an exemption not to wear a mask due to health issues while wearing it, but I will wear one around elderly and sick as they are the ones that have needed protection from the outset, not relatively young, fit healthy people. Jumping at shadows.
fb518edea60a42f3d83b786d90aa2b69.jpg

The scham is being uncovered day by day.

Btw I have an exemption not to wear a mask due to health issues while wearing it, but I will wear one around elderly and sick as they are the ones that have needed protection from the outset, not relatively young, fit healthy people. Jumping at shadows.
fb518edea60a42f3d83b786d90aa2b69.jpg

Hurr durr I’m just asking questions hurr

Originally the idea of masks was to stop people touching their faces and transmitting to their noses and mouths any virus particles picked up by generally touching doors, anything really, in public areas. In reality people can't leave the masks alone, always moving them up and down and adjusting them. Plus, you're supposed to use a new or washed one each time you go out; I bet many are still on their first one from the 10-pack! :mask: :$

Yeah its certainly different to the first time we had to wear them. Super-covid followers on BF chastising anyone who touched their masks as idiots etc. I use one the missus made me, washed it about once a week or two. This lockdown, took me ages to find it, dont reckon its been washed in about 6 months.

the misinformation from the gym morons is getting hilarious

initially no cases of infection in a gym, then no cases of infection in a commercial gym, now no cases of infection in a commercial gym in Victoria since November

the best one though is the brothel claim. Despite what the roidheads and sovereign idiots are saying, knock shops are still shut

one thing I love about the post trump world, the belief something is true if its requoted enough on twitter or facebook

initially no cases of infection in a gym, then no cases of infection in a commercial gym, now no cases of infection in a commercial gym in Victoria since November

the best one though is the brothel claim. Despite what the roidheads and sovereign idiots are saying, knock shops are still shut

one thing I love about the post trump world, the belief something is true if its requoted enough on twitter or facebook

Agreed re gym but Cheng did explain why Brothels were open yesterday didn’t he? Or was that for regional only?

Agreed re gym but Cheng did explain why Brothels were open yesterday didn’t he? Or was that for regional only?

Didn't see the presser, but regional is allowing brothels to be open

Andrew Bogut is the poster child for that. Absolute cretin.

Especially if it’s a FB meme with bright rainbow colours.

I admire andrew bogut for being one of few aussie sports stars whose willing to go into bat for non mainstream political beliefs - even if i dont agree.
You wouldn't see a wowser like dangerfield or steve smith saying anything even slightly out of the mainstream - less they risk their marketing and sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back