Review Good/Bad vs St Kilda - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that was incredible. Unfortunate outcome but was an accident. May get a week but well worth it.
Seems like it'll have to be an all or nothing result

Either an unfortunate football accident, ball was between two players, didn't do anything wrong - zero weeks.

Or if it's decided that he did do something wrong then it's at the upper end of the scale given that it's head high and a serious injury - 3+ weeks

Enjoyed this one standing on the hill with a few mates and kids. I very lacklustre start. I said surely Nicks will put a 🚀 up em at quarter time. Still nothing then a few goals. Things looked better when renowned hard man Mackay laid one of his typically bone crunching hits on a Saints player. I said we’ve been winning a few games by applying pressure. Eventually we started to turn it around. I made mention to those with me, we’ve had a few close ones recently, wins and losses. Then Riley tries to thread a drop punt on his right leg from deep in the right pocket. OOTF 🤦🏻‍♂️ What are you thinking 🤔 dude.
2 minutes left I noted not a player in the saints forward line, in fact there wasn’t one there for the last 10 mins of the game. We really took control of the game. I’ve been banging on a bit about Riley Thilthorpe to my mates that he’s got something about him. Boom an over the head goal. To put us in front for the first time. Someone near me shouted Pelé 🤣. Wow that was fun witnessing that. One of the guys I invited isn’t much of a footy guy but I may have got us another fan as he was definitely saying “we won” at the end 😁

Seems like it'll have to be an all or nothing result

Either an unfortunate football accident, ball was between two players, didn't do anything wrong - zero weeks.

Or if it's decided that he did do something wrong then it's at the upper end of the scale given that it's head high and a serious injury - 3+ weeks
True, will be negligent high and serious impact or whatever the terminologies are.

Worrell having a lot of fun in the team song there. Bit of a debut to forget on the field but he'll remember the win. Hope he builds from here
I noticed him sucking in the big breaths 5 mins into the first quarter. Are we sure he hasn’t got Covid. Looked super unfit.
Was this a punishment to him to show him where he needs to be. 🤔

I hate how people are saying stop acting like you won the grand final. Why can’t the players and fan be happy they won a hard fought game to win with no time left??
Typically said by fans of clubs who know deep down they won't be winning one and who also know that at this point it's the only thing that will scratch the itch after years of watching the clock run down on their best players

Just on this, here's the breakdown:
- opposition player kicking it out of their defensive 50
- the ball richochets off the back of another opposition player
- lands onto the lap of RT, 15m out from goal
- RT then kicks it over his head with the non-dominant leg
- ball somehow dribbles through despite the goal square being congested with a handful of players just before it bounces through
- the kick was the winning goal 1 minute before the full time, which happened to be the only time we took the lead.

The above will go down in folklore as one of those once-in-a-life-time incidents, never to be repeated again. :fire:
Being about 15-20 metres from it was pretty bloody enjoyable, I must say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the last two minutes again. For a really A-grade player, Ryder should have done a lot better than blindly kicking into a teammate a few inches in front of him: that was game-losingly poor. Then, as Rowe was laboriously kicking for goal, our boy Laird was patting Ryder on the back and commiserating with him.

The thing about RT kicking the ball over his head - which other player in the league would have done that?

IMHO - NONE. Every single player, even Eddie, would have spun around to be at least side on to goal and try to kick the ball around the corner through the goals. And given the frantic pressure at the time, would probably have got caught.

Instead RT, in a split second, just instinctively kicks it over his head. Wow.
First thing I said was “I’ve never seen anyone do that before” especially not to win the game. It’s probably happened before but that was a memorable piece of play. Icing on the cake.

Good: I put $10 on us at half time at 10-1, first time I've ever done a live bet. Thilthorpe looking good apart from his decision to drop punt across the face.

Bad: Just didn't turn up in the first quarter.

Ugly: Saints are inexplicably bad. If it wasn't for that first quarter it would have been a thrashing. They were meant to be getting towards the peak of their rebuild and challenging for top 4 this season, They're making Carlton's rebuild look good.

Vincent Lombardi or this idiot?

Choices, choices…
So ironic you pick NFL. The literal come-back sport where one team goes up by 2-3 scores and literally tries to run out the clock, while the other team attacks as quickly as possible and 9 times out of 10 the game gets tied up until the last minute where they fight for field position.

You picked the worst sport to try to prove to me "Defending wins games".

Watching it again this morning ...

He's going to be good, but Hamill has played some SHOCKERS recently.

Happy to back him in, but ooof he's in terrible form currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back