Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Hurley out for the entire season with an infection as well.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That sounds equally as dodgy, they first claimed that it was an infection related to his hip surgery. Infections happen due to surgery, it is called malpractice because the theatre is meant to be sterile, the instruments sterile and they sterilise the area around where they operate. If it was a procedure at a public hospital I wouldn't be surprised, they stuffed up my mum's broken arm so badly she had to have a second surgery and the doctor had to apologise for the hatchet job done the first time, as the screws came out and she needed a bone graft from her hip to fix it.

I get it, they are understaffed, overworked. Mistakes happen. But, not at a high-end private practice. I am guessing the doctor involved didn't want his reputation ruined by some bullshit so they ended up dropping that hip surgery infection narrative and went for a mystery infection from a possible blister on his foot. Although, they didn't really explain how the bacteria went from his foot into an open wound on his hip.

I think it would be newsworthy if there was some foot-based bacteria going around football circles that was extremely resistant to modern antibiotics. Seems odd that this hasn't been covered in the media. Again, nobody has asked Essendon which bacteria it is. Nobody curious? Just "general bacteria" or "mystery bacteria". People must be as dumb as they think they are.

That sounds equally as dodgy, they first claimed that it was an infection related to his hip surgery. Infections happen due to surgery, it is called malpractice because the theatre is meant to be sterile, the instruments sterile and they sterilise the area around where they operate. If it was a procedure at a public hospital I wouldn't be surprised, they stuffed up my mum's broken arm so badly she had to have a second surgery and the doctor had to apologise for the hatchet job done the first time, as the screws came out and she needed a bone graft from her hip to fix it.

I get it, they are understaffed, overworked. Mistakes happen. But, not at a high-end private practice. I am guessing the doctor involved didn't want his reputation ruined by some bullshit so they ended up dropping that hip surgery infection narrative and went for a mystery infection from a possible blister on his foot. Although, they didn't really explain how the bacteria went from his foot into an open wound on his hip.

I think it would be newsworthy if there was some foot-based bacteria going around football circles that was extremely resistant to modern antibiotics. Seems odd that this hasn't been covered in the media. Again, nobody has asked Essendon which bacteria it is. Nobody curious? Just "general bacteria" or "mystery bacteria". People must be as dumb as they think they are.

wouldn’t have thought it was so black and white mate, could have got it from not changing his dressing correctly or anything.

This whole thing from you is absolutely ******* bizarre, mate. You're so much better than this nonsense.

Worse rumours being said off here. My info is it is a serious infection that is very worrying for all concerned. Hopefully the club will update members soon with some facts.

Yeah nah, normally you win the prize for hearing and hinting at the most negative rumours going around by I think TAS has you well and truly covered on this one. He has basically taken us on a stroll from serious drug problem to mental health issue to hospital malpractice and finished up with a virtual zombie apocalypse. It would be funny if it was clear that he's joking.

Say what you like about GoKangas but at least he hasn't adopted QAnon as a source. TAS, RUOK?

Yeah nah, normally you win the prize for hearing and hinting at the most negative rumours going around by I think TAS has you well and truly covered on this one. He has basically taken us on a stroll from serious drug problem to mental health issue to hospital malpractice and finished up with a virtual zombie apocalypse. It would be funny if it was clear that he's joking.
There has been some absolute crap not for repeating but as I said - my contact (friend of the family) suggests it is a lot of bad luck with a serious infection. Hopefully they are on top of it now and he can recover.

There has been some absolute crap not for repeating but as I said - my contact (friend of the family) suggests it is a lot of bad luck with a serious infection. Hopefully they are on top of it now and he can recover.

Well yes, as you say, infection can be awfully bad luck and not necessarily malpractice. A golden staph infection can occur in the most sterile environment.

Haven't read a Tas post in five years. Each one is 500 words of extrapolated nonsense.

Yet you feel it is important enough to make a post about me. What a peanut.

Like a medical problem must be explained to the media and club members.

It is none of our business.
Not true. As a member and therefore the person paying Corr's wages I have a right to know. If the club can ring me up and disturb me from a nap I should be able to ring up the club and be patched directly through to Corr. Even those that were on corona centrelink had to search for jobs...what's Corr doing? Sitting at home watching season 2 of Black Summer on Netflix and looking at Amazon Prime deals on our dime.

An interesting case indeed. It would surely make a great paper for one of the medical journals.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It really wouldn't. Serious long lasting infections happen all the time. Less so to people with access to instant and high quality healthcare, but it still happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just chop off his foot and be done with it.
North could have the first amputee playing in the AFL.

This whole thing from you is absolutely ******* bizarre, mate. You're so much better than this nonsense.

It is the lack of any detail combined with the complete disinterest in the media to ask questions about "infection" based cases which makes me feel dubious about their credibility, like "infection" pretty much covers any bacteria known to mankind. Given how much the industry inquires, monitors and reports on injuries in general, it comes across as really weird to me.

i mean, if Corr did have some extremely funky bacteria on his foot, and you were allegedly a reporter, wouldn't you even ask if this was a health risk to other players who go into things like shared cold baths, etc, given a lot of players develop open wounds in the course of playing and training. No? No interest?

It is like nobody gives a s**t to ask anything about it because they know it is not a real infection issue. I am not saying that it isn't... it is just some weird lack of interest in general about it.

Yeah, they can be. Sure. He may have somehow stumbled on one of the extremely difficult to eradicate bacteria. But there hasn't been a mention of which bacteria he is being treated for. NOBODY in the media has ever asked the club during any of the media interviews. Holy sh*t dude, this guy went down in March and it is almost July, are you guys ******* incompetent? Which mutant strain of bacteria has he been exposed to and where did he get it from? Are other players at risk if they break their skin?

There has been silence like when nobody asked the club anything about Shaw or the fiasco that was going on during our time in QLD and EVERYONE apparently knew what was going on.

I mean, not even one of the ambulance chasers has asked anything about this infection.

NEWS BREAK: Corr bitten by a fish and expected to miss some time. 4 months later... wouldn't someone want to know if it was a goldfish or a shark?
This could be the worst post of the year

The truth is Aidan Corr was working as Dan Andrews' bodyguard. The "woke brigade" that have clamped onto the club rent out all our players to green/left politicians like this.

Aidan was at Lindsay Fox's house when Andrews was busted raping one of Lindsay's prize chihuahuas. Aidan was actually killed in the shootout with Fox's people.

Any "Aidan Corr" you see on North vids is a clone.

Not true. As a member and therefore the person paying Corr's wages I have a right to know. If the club can ring me up and disturb me from a nap I should be able to ring up the club and be patched directly through to Corr. Even those that were on corona centrelink had to search for jobs...what's Corr doing? Sitting at home watching season 2 of Black Summer on Netflix and looking at Amazon Prime deals on our dime.
Really?

Care to explain to us how 'Medical in Confidence' doesn't apply to any football player, because you want to know?

Care to explain how a doctor must break his oath, because you want to know?

Care to explain how a players' common law rights are removed, because you want to know?

The sense of entitlement that people like you have because they CHOOSE to become a member of a sporting organisation is astounding.

I have a right to know? No you don't.

Really?

Care to explain to us how 'Medical in Confidence' doesn't apply to any football player, because you want to know?

Care to explain how a doctor must break his oath, because you want to know?

Care to explain how a players' common law rights are removed, because you want to know?

The sense of entitlement that people like you have because they CHOOSE to become a member of a sporting organisation is astounding.

I have a right to know? No you don't.
Considering the other 3/4 of his message is a clear joke, and his other two recent posts have been jokes, I think you might be reading into it a bit too seriously.

It is the lack of any detail combined with the complete disinterest in the media to ask questions about "infection" based cases which makes me feel dubious about their credibility, like "infection" pretty much covers any bacteria known to mankind. Given how much the industry inquires, monitors and reports on injuries in general, it comes across as really weird to me.

i mean, if Corr did have some extremely funky bacteria on his foot, and you were allegedly a reporter, wouldn't you even ask if this was a health risk to other players who go into things like shared cold baths, etc, given a lot of players develop open wounds in the course of playing and training. No? No interest?

It is like nobody gives a sh*t to ask anything about it because they know it is not a real infection issue. I am not saying that it isn't... it is just some weird lack of interest in general about it.
No, because no one other than the people that need to know have any right to the knowledge of any private medical details other than what they choose to reveal. It's as simple as that.

Aidan Corr has taken a large step forward in his recovery from a toe infection, entering into an over ground running program as he looks to return to the field.

After picking the infection up following the Round 2 clash with Gold Coast, getting rid of it proved to be troublesome for the defender, however he looks to be well on the mend.

Rawlings says the club has always taken a health mentality while rehabilitating Corr from the issue.

“The infection is clearing up really well. From a health point of view that’s a really good sign,” he said.

“We’re just starting to progress him to running over the ground at the moment. He completed a running session yesterday at training and seems to have pulled up really well from that.

“It’ll just be a gradual progression given how much he’s missed, but from a health and movement point of view he’s ticking a few boxes which is really good.”

I stand corrected. This is the worst post of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back