Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting you say Alice in Chains appropriated hair metal elements, I swear some of their songs have a Bon Jovi style talkbox thing going on.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Back to Kiss, I only just discovered A e Frehleys cover of New York Groove and it’s amazing. Why wasn’t this a bigger song.

Well, I suppose it’s the unpopular musical opinions thread for a reason….

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally the best song on the last album with Sambora was a Sambora solo effort put on as a bonus track.

I like Bon Jovi though.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I can't stand American Pie or Eye of the Tiger.

I think the Beach Boys were overrated, and I hate Kanye West's music.

Pet Sounds is an unquestionable classic and they had a couple of other solid albums, but the vast majority of their work is average.

Some of their early stuff is possibly what The Backstreet Boys would have come up with if they played ‘rock’ music in the 60’s. Their later dad rock phase was also pretty awful.

They do get lumped in what a lot of classic bands with extensive back catalogues eg Beatles, but haven’t got near the overall album quality.

They do get lumped in what a lot of classic bands with extensive back catalogues eg Beatles, but haven’t got near the overall album quality.
Yeah, spot on. They did produce an album's worth of classic singles in the '60's, along with one unquestionable classic album (Pet Sounds), but the rest of their work is patchy to say the least.

There's at least a dozen bands of that era who put out far more impressive bodies of work.

In my opinion.

I've been really enjoying those archival remasters from the Beach Boys in recent years that compile a lot of rarities, unreleased versions and sometimes a stereo mix for a specific album sessions period. I too think they are a bit overrated, but at the same time they have a number of underrated or overlooked albums that shine with a modern spruce up and bit more context. I don't much care for Pet Sounds in the greater scheme of things, but really dig a few other albums from them.

I can't stand American Pie or Eye of the Tiger.

I think the Beach Boys were overrated, and I hate Kanye West's music.
Eye of the Tiger is terrible. The opening guitar riffs are pretty iconic but, after that, the song itself is bland and the lead singer's voice is weak and whiny. I don't understand how anyone could consider it a "pump-up" song.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back