Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

His leading has come back. When he hits contests at speed, instead of wrestling with his opponent he looks like a completely different player. I think it's really helped him by targeting him less as the last kick inside 50. Having more viable options stretches the defence and opens up leading lanes. So people who want Georgie and Marshall dropped but are celebrating Dixon's return to form, might want to think about how these things are interconnected.

Actually noticed him do a few dummy and double back leads Saturday night. Great to see.

Whilst some of it is on him, some of his failure to do this in the past must be on the coaches, you need extra space to work in to for those leading patterns and need to be fairly forward of the ball and not just one kick away.

Give the man some time and space to move.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Still think we need far more separation between the talls.

Marshall in particular seems to be playing close to him and bringing his defender with him.

Charles has had a very good six weeks. Vital player

It was his best night game in a while.

Still think we need far more separation between the talls.

Marshall in particular seems to be playing close to him and bringing his defender with him.

It seems to be happening fewer times now than it used to not long ago.

With three talls I don't mind two running to the same pack as they drag at least two defenders with them, and usually the loose as well, freeing up space elsewhere.

With only two talls however both running to the same contest is silly though.

Swans last week against us, and again this week against the Eagles - ran buddy as a decoy for quite a few contests.

Makes it harder for teams with good intercept marking players that are being forced to defend one on one as well. Definitely something to look into and see if we can use on occasion

Nice pick up m8 👍
Swans last week against us, and again this week against the Eagles - ran buddy as a decoy for quite a few contests.

Makes it harder for teams with good intercept marking players that are being forced to defend one on one as well. Definitely something to look into and see if we can use on occasion

Charlie has been leading and hitting both the ball and packs at speed. If he can make May and Lever accountable, while opening up leading space for Marshall and Georgiades. It doesn't matter how many goals he kicks as long as he is moving at pace and disrupting Melbourne's defence. So no wrestling, lots of movement and hitting the contest at the right time is how I will be judging Charlie tonight. You must help us Charlie Dixon, you're our only hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we have a choice to play the game in WA or QLD?

WA would have been no chance and the AFL tried Queensland but since SA and Vic were in lockdown, the conditions were too tough.

Nothing better than opening up the Charlie Dixon thread to have a read about structural engineering and the culture of sports stadium development.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back