Universal Love Sam Walsh - 2021 AFLPA 22U22 captain, 2021 All-Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows what we would have got for pick 1, I was all for splitting the pick, I'm still not entirely convinced Walsh will end up being worth two of what we might have drafted with two picks, as it was a great year for top-end talent. One (or both) of the King brothers may still have the last laugh, or at least show why drafting one of them plus another elite talent might have been the way to go. Having said that, the drafting and or trading of A+ quality midfielders has proven to be extremely difficult of late and if Walsh continues on the trajectory he's currently on, it will leave no doubt that we did the right thing.
In my 51 years on the Earth, and the last 21 of them as a member, I can say without any hesitation that IMHO Walsh is easily the best Draftee we’ve ever had.

In my 51 years on the Earth, and the last 21 of them as a member, I can say without any hesitation that IMHO Walsh is easily the best Draftee we’ve ever had.
Crippa.

His career isn't over yet, and he reached a higher peak than Walsh has gotten to yet. Walsh may well get there, but let's not forget Crippa at times has been *ing unbelievably good.

not quite 51 but I’m a hand ball and a
Kick away… but I made the same call a few weeks ago to a Carlton friend and he called me crazy.. got a text last night saying that he thinks I may be right

Sam Walsh last night had a career best game according to AFL player ratings.

719276E9-FECF-48E8-9F29-F889DE0AC307.png

As a mental exercise, just try to imagine what an absolute clustercuss it would be right now if we’d take Rankine at 1 and Walsh was doing this for someone else.

Even if he doesn’t improve at all from the player he is today, he’ll play 300 or so games, captain the club and likely give the Brownlow a shake a few time. Holy s**t what a footballer.

As a mental exercise, just try to imagine what an absolute clustercuss it would be right now if we’d take Rankine at 1 and Walsh was doing this for someone else.

Even if he doesn’t improve at all from the player he is today, he’ll play 300 or so games, captain the club and likely give the Brownlow a shake a few time. Holy sh*t what a footballer.
Regardless of the result at the end of this season, I can see Geelong coming at him with a Godfather offer. Have we re-signed him yet?

Even though he stated pre-draft that anyone that drafted him was getting a one-club player, I suspect that a monster offer from a home town club so early in his career, and our club being such a basket case off field, he may rethink that.

Regardless of the result at the end of this season, I can see Geelong coming at him with a Godfather offer. Have we re-signed him yet?

Even though he stated pre-draft that anyone that drafted him was getting a one-club player, I suspect that a monster offer from a home town club so early in his career, and our club being such a basket case off field, he may rethink that.

country boy from camperdown ( near from jonathon brown grew up) , so 90 minute drive away
hence why walsh and brown families know each other
, only went to school in geelong
so geelong not really home town

Walsh is 21.

Geelong won't be interested in him for another decade...

I can't speak so much for past greats. I barely even remember Riccuto as a player, despite how good he supposedly was, and if I don't remember him how do I remember McCloud? Silvagni? Diesel?

I can kind of remember early Judd, but it's coloured a bit. See, for whatever reason, the majority of the other kids in my primary school - that's how young I was when he started - went for West Coast, and they were by and large pretty insufferable, so I maintained he was overrated until he proved he wasn't. And by god, he wasn't; even the other side of a genuine groin problem that destroyed the burst he was famous for, even the sole reason he was truly dangerous, he was more than just a force to be reckoned with on a football field. He was more than brute force or silk; he was a being of imposition, a creature of will and effort who would and did turn games based on his hatred of loss.

Best I've ever seen, including Judd, is Gold Coast Abblett. That dude was a mirage for anyone who tried to tackle him; he wasn't physique, or speed, or experience. He was simply the greatest read of the game I had ever seen; he would get there before anyone else, he would get the ball, and regardless of where anyone else was he was able to plot a path through.

Sam isn't like that. He's a reality warper. Abblett is simply the pinnacle of what a physical footballer can be; Sam is more akin to someone who sits outside of time, choosing a future from a set of options that suits him best. He cannot make an incorrect choice; it isn't a process of doesn't. His ability to see the ball to where he foresees it being doesn't always match his physical skills or capabilities, but he is such a perfectionist that over time his skills are growing ever always to resemble his desired future.

This dude has turned football on its head. He will retire inside the greatest ever players to play the game. It will genuinely fail to surprise me if he wins a Coleman in the same year he wins a Charlie.

What a quirk of fate that he became one of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M
country boy from camperdown ( near from jonathon brown grew up) , so 90 minute drive away
hence why walsh and brown families know each other
, only went to school in geelong
so geelong not really home town
My understanding is that his family live in ocean grove?

Sam Walsh last night had a career best game according to AFL player ratings.

View attachment 1191855
I believe he's had 3 career-best games in his last 4, and is the number 1 ranked player in that period. Pity it's an absolute shocker of a ratings system.

You're wasted in the audit dept.

I just got a promotion at work this morning.

My boss sent an email around the company, which finished with ".....and has yet to meet a challenge without success and without a bad pun and a smile."

Just wanted you peeps to know that you aren't the only ones I subject my...ahem....'talents'.... on...

I believe he's had 3 career-best games in his last 4, and is the number 1 ranked player in that period. Pity it's an absolute shocker of a ratings system.
How many coaches votes is the second highest rated player on the ground Rowan Marshall going to get? A big fat zero would be my bet.

I vote we change his name to Samsung Walsh
.......being as he is such a mobile utilty.
Yeah I have sung sams praises
Ive reported this to admin it was so bad 😂😛

Update - mods rejected the report.

I call for a mod spill, clearly they have been in the roles for too long and we need to bring in fresh, trigger happy modding to these boards again.

Suggest we tack it on as the last agenda item at the CFC AGM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back