Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in my area pack into supermarkets because we get kicked out at 8:30 pm
Is that a problem? Brisbane supermarkets shut at around 7 or 9 PM. Have for a couple of decades at least.

6 months in jail / $50000 fines seem to have focussed our potential rule breakers concentration somewhat.

I agree with this approach from McGowan rather the Andrews' pissweak one.

Andrews : Make an honest mistake, like forget your mask, put your hand up, cop a $5,000 fine.

Bring COVID into the state, break the rules and further spread it but If we punish them, they won't be truthful with us.

McGowan : You break our rules and don't cooperate with us, we'll prosecute you and send you to jail for 6 months. (and plenty have been)

I agree with this approach from McGowan rather the Andrews' pissweak one.

Andrews : Make an honest mistake, like forget your mask, put your hand up, cop a $5,000 fine.

Bring COVID into the state, break the rules and further spread it but If we punish them, they won't be truthful with us.

McGowan : You break our rules and don't cooperate with us, we'll prosecute you and send you to jail for 6 months. (and plenty have been)

Where Andrews failed from day one with this.

Depends on the state. NSW have had a big willingness from people to use AZ. But they are also being pretty loose with the timing and doing 2nd doses at 6-8 weeks. Will be quick, but could be risky.

I had my 2nd AZ jab after 8 weeks. My choice was to get it at 8 weeks or potentially get it up to 12 later than the 12 weeks due to being in the middle of WA until at least mid December, I spoke with a GP and he was happy for me to have it after 8 rather than 24.

The roads are really busy out there. The only real difference I am noticing is the 8.30 drop off/3.30 pick up times for schools make it less than in normal times. We also back onto a train line. Trains are pretty much empty. More cars are being used because of the drop off in public transport usage.

I drove from Cowes to the airport last Wednesday, leaving Cowes at 7am, it usually takes me 2 1/4 hours it took me 1 3/4. It was like driving on a Sunday rather than peak hour on a weekday.

So folks, where do yesterday’s announcements (effectively, an admission of defeat and failure) fall in the spectrum of weak leadership?

Feeling pretty abandoned right now, TBH.

You need to read more
Which press conference was that? The one where she clearly stood up and said covid zero is no longer the goal. We can no longer achieve that. She constantly avoids answering questions. Never announces changes in approach. Just gradually changes the narrative pretending it was the narrative all along to avoid a negative head line in the Papers. It is cowardice.

I wouldn't put the failure wholly on the government, that just absolves all the idiots doing the wrong thing. Only real failure was not coming down on the idiots like a tonne of bricks. I get why they didn't want to but the idiots weren't going to be forthcoming regardless so may as well have fined them.

Government told them - If you have symptoms get tested - They ignored it.
Government told them - If you have to get tested we'll pay you - They ignored it
Government told them - If you have to isolate we'll pay you - They ignored it
Government told them - The quickest way out of lockdown was to follow the rules - They ignored it.

People cant even follow basic instructions like how to wear a mask or to go straight home after getting tested.

Frankly the rest of use have also failed by turning a blind eye to the idiots doing the wrong thing.
are you talking about sydney here or melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I drove from Cowes to the airport last Wednesday, leaving Cowes at 7am, it usually takes me 2 1/4 hours it took me 1 3/4. It was like driving on a Sunday rather than peak hour on a weekday.
There were times, I think it was lockdown 2...maybe 1, where it was a ghost town on the roads....almost tumbleweeds , really different feel now. If people need something or want something they are less scared and just go. I suppose it was the unknowns early on that kept people more in their homes. I have probably forgotten what real peak hour traffic is though...it's been so long.

But there’s a reason the government has set the targets at 70-80%, there will always be some unwilling or unable to get vaccinated. My grandmother is simply not interested, she feels she’s lived a long life and she doesn’t go anywhere anyway.

I’m just sick of the usual whiners blaming them for low numbers, boomers are all above the thresholds for reopening, so if we get held up meeting targets it will solely be because of young people, not boomers.

But the poster I replied to isn’t interested in facts, just playing the blame game on lies.
Thats why I'm against vaccination targets. Give everyone a chance to take their vaccine, then move on to the next age group.

The current strategy leaves us hostage to antivaxxers, vaccine hesitant, and those who want to pick and choose.

Those doing the right thing still need to shop which is where they will encounter the non compliant hidden infected
Click and collect or home delivery are options. It's pretty easy for anyone not going into the office to protect themselves.

So folks, where do yesterday’s announcements (effectively, an admission of defeat and failure) fall in the spectrum of weak leadership?

Feeling pretty abandoned right now, TBH.

dont disagree, but outside martial law there werent many options left unfortunately. curfew is the one wood, and it didnt work

Thats why I'm against vaccination targets. Give everyone a chance to take their vaccine, then move on to the next age group.

The current strategy leaves us hostage to antivaxxers, vaccine hesitant, and those who want to pick and choose.

that only works when supply meets demand

with AZ being as popular as Toby Greene at an umpires convention, we have never have enough supply to meet demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back