FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's just on Foxtel ... But fu** me dead that iPad/Disney singing ad is on super high rotation with that stupid 4/20 pie ad. fu** you campaigners

FTA too. Kill it with fire

That Toyota ad that keeps saying things are ‘gooder’ is an insult to everyone’s intelligence. I don’t even know what it’s about.
Yes I have seen it on billboards as well.
******* ridiculous.
Just stop it, now.
Obvioulsy trying to appeal to the younger generation, some of which talk in this baby like stupidity.
Eg "We are versing Collingwood this week"
" I think I can best that"
" That will be gooder"

Been watching the Olympics and so have been subjected to live telly and the lack of fast-forwarding that comes with it ... my current most hated ad involves some weird bullshit where they have people breathing or something because they think that this will make us all believe that some massive car company gives two shits about the environment.

That new coke ad.

There's like a group of 4 people living in a house getting delivery by seperate delivery drivers and they all giggle weird

HILARIOUS!

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
These people sound really rich. Are millennial share house dwellers awash with enough cash to have different delivery for their drink needs?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Been watching the Olympics and so have been subjected to live telly and the lack of fast-forwarding that comes with it ... my current most hated ad involves some weird bullshit where they have people breathing or something because they think that this will make us all believe that some massive car company gives two shits about the environment.
Go woke, or go broke.

Yes I have seen it on billboards as well.
******* ridiculous.
Just stop it, now.
Obvioulsy trying to appeal to the younger generation, some of which talk in this baby like stupidity.
Eg "We are versing Collingwood this week"
" I think I can best that"
" That will be gooder"

Well, according to a good mate who's spent 30 odd years as a creative director for Saatchi & Saatchi, Leo Burnett etc. this recent trend of dumbed down commercials often featuring kids or at least with kids in them is derived from a US marketing strategy from a few years ago where it has been successful with targeting younger viewers as an intermediary to get adults (the target clients) attention to promote/sell the related products or services.

Most kids, he says, merely consider these commercials as entertainment with often little idea of what is been advertised, nor do they care! All they need to do (and often do) is say; 'Hey mum, what's 'gooder' mean, is that a real word?', or hey Dad; 'why wouldn't he just drop the burning sausage on the ground, rather than destroy most of his backyard trying to get to the pool?'.....

Real life example. According to my sister, my 8yo niece thinks AMMI are simply a company that undertakes home repairs, fixes cars and also outdoor cubby-houses, but she's a little confused why a lady in a red suit and a head-set always appears, quote; 'I don't think she does any of the work?'...

Accordingly, strategy success and objective achieved as you've now got the attention of the actual potential clients...

There is also the reverse psychology he says, where adults may get annoyed at this nonsense (refer BF posters) and by talking about it to others, by default unintentionally that can be just further promotion of the brand, product or service...

It's also far cheaper he states, to write and produce commercials with simple story-lines (where's Bon Bon?) using relatively no-name actors..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ads don't usually bother me because I rarely pay attention to them and can easily block them out.

BUT even if I'm in another room, there's a line that always seems louder than anything else on tv: "WE SHOULD GET SUSHI, CAROL".

As per most ads, it still took me weeks to figure out what the ad was actually for. Apparently, you can get sushi on EBay!?

Ads don't usually bother me because I rarely pay attention to them and can easily block them out.

BUT even if I'm in another room, there's a line that always seems louder than anything else on tv: "WE SHOULD GET SUSHI, CAROL".

As per most ads, it still took me weeks to figure out what the ad was actually for. Apparently, you can get sushi on EBay!?

Nah he’s wearing headphones he bought on ebay, hence he’s speaking to Carol very loudly.

Nah he’s wearing headphones he bought on ebay, hence he’s speaking to Carol very loudly.

The dopey male delivery guy in that ad is almost as annoying.

“They’re so loud”. Yeah we know. What are you, the narrator?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back