AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They should trade Cameron and get back in the draft. Only player they have that can draw the draft capital they need. Dogs would be all over it. So would the dees.
They couldn’t possibly do that though.

They couldn’t possibly do that though.
You just know that would cause an implosion at the cattery from fans and players alike. Which is why I vote that Geelong should definitely do it.

Especially as they haven’t got a hope of getting back the draft picks they paid.

Lance ❌
Bradley ❌
Matthew ❌
Taylor ❌
Jordan ❌
Sam ❌
Luke ❌
Grant ❌
Isaac ❌
Ryan ❓

The rule seems to be that if you leave Hawthorn you don’t win a flag.

I've noticed there's more than a few times high profile players have left to win flags, and not actually winning flags - but the club they've left won without them.

Griffen at the Dogs.
Deledio at Richmond.
Buddy with us.
Buckley at the Bears/Lions.

I've noticed there's more than a few times high profile players have left to win flags, and not actually winning flags - but the club they've left won without them.

Griffen at the Dogs.
Deledio at Richmond.
Buddy with us.
Buckley at the Bears/Lions.

GAJ - that's right he didn't leave to win flags
Wingard?

Agree. It’s getting less likely by the year though. It’s now at the stage that Hawkins or Dangerfield could suddenly drop off. Last year was probably their best shot. Thank you Dustin Martin
They are heading in one direction and its not winning a flag .

Most clubs below them should improve while they will be heading the other way, pretty quickly soon enough too.

They probably make finals next season but I would like odds on 2023 , I would have good $$$$ on them not being there .

Agree. It’s getting less likely by the year though. It’s now at the stage that Hawkins or Dangerfield could suddenly drop off. Last year was probably their best shot. Thank you Dustin Martin

They're done now. I was worried about this season, but Melbourne have arrived and I think they will pants Geelong regardless of how competitive they are again next season.

I'm seeing parallels with Melbourne and our peak team and Geelong with Freo's boring defensive team of that same era.

Geelong will still have (based on this year) - Hawkins, Cameron, Danger, Smith, Duncan, Guthrie, Tuohy and to a lesser extent Selwood playing good football. They don't have much else to lift the team up though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They rely too heavily on too few. Essentially Hawkins, Dangerfield, Smith and maybe Cameron. Stewart in defence of course. The rest are B or C graders or worse (see Rohan). Their younger players are no good, the consequence of “defying gravity” for so long and now trading picks for older players. Selwood is done. The 50 m penalty was out of frustration that he was far too slow in chasing Petracca. His drop to the knees/arm up trick still fools the umps sometimes but less often. Hawkins is still their main threat but good luck to him if the umps clamp down on his pushing in the back (see May). I hope they stay down for years. At least two Kennett’s curses’ worth.

I thought the pre finals bye was bad. Any finals bye should be forever consigned to the history books after this year.
If we are going to have any bye in the finals this is when it should be. Gives players like May a chance to get up for the GF. The AFL need to start thinking about how they could treat a bye weekend. Possibly All Australian on the Friday, Brownlow on the Saturday or maybe coordinate that the WAFL/SANFL/VFL GFs are that weekend and played Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Possibly have the U18 matches so we can all see the kids who might be getting drafted play.

If we are going to have any bye in the finals this is when it should be. Gives players like May a chance to get up for the GF. The AFL need to start thinking about how they could treat a bye weekend. Possibly All Australian on the Friday, Brownlow on the Saturday or maybe coordinate that the WAFL/SANFL/VFL GFs are that weekend and played Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Possibly have the U18 matches so we can all see the kids who might be getting drafted play.
I think Hawthorn should play Geelong in an exhibition match

That's a bit of a dumb meme for them to create, considering Clarkson said that last year, not this year.
Not really, it’s a meme it doesn’t have to make sense

It’s Clarko calling Geelong s**t, that is always a good meme.

I for one, am extremely happy and proud of Gary Rohan who put the safety of the community and himself ahead of personal glory in deciding to self isolate during a preliminary final.

Did anyone see the Geelong fan post in their thread "That Spargo ducks every time he has the ball."

I mean he actually said that, and left it in a permanent forum. What a bunch of delusional tossers.

Back