Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes said before that he has a source at port and the dogs
So his source at Port told him Doughty was impressed with Port 🤣.

Not saying he wasn't impressed, but feels a bit self promotional if true

Last edited:

Hes said before that he has a source at port and the dogs
So his contact is a source at port.. who told him Dawson’s management was very impressed with port..

Well, port arent exactly going to say they werent impressed are they..

Seems strange that this is said the very same day CD from port said that port actually havent had any meaningful coversations with them (Dawson and his management) yet..

So someone is talking s**t..

Port, and CD’s, call yesterday that “we are ‘extremely keen’ to talk to Jordan Dawson” sounded like someone putting a call out to a person they hadnt yet heard much from..

Why would you say that if you actually had heard from them and had been in plenty of talks with them already?.. the people you were talking with would be scratching their heads wondering what the hell youre on about..

Definately some shennanigans going on around all this..

I get the feeling Dawson’s management is playing both sides against each other to try and extract even more money from the side who have currently offered the biggest deal..

which is exactly what they should be doing in the interest of themselves and their client..

So his contact is a source at port.. who told him Dawson’s management was very impressed with port..

Well, port arent exactly going to say they werent impressed are they..

Seems strange that this is said the very same day CD from port said that port actually havent had any meaningful coversations with them (Dawson and his management) yet..

So someone is talking sh*t..

Port, and CD’s, call yesterday that “we are ‘extremely keen’ to talk to Jordan Dawson” sounded like someone putting a call out to a person they hadnt yet heard much from..

Why would you say that if you actually had heard from them and had been in plenty of talks with them already?.. the people you were talking with would be scratching their heads wondering what the hell youre on about..

Definately some shennanigans going on around all this..

I get the feeling Dawson’s management is playing both sides against each other to try and extract even more money from the side who have currently offered the biggest deal..

which is exactly what they should be doing in the interest of themselves and their client..
Sorry I should qualify he’s said he’s best information comes from port and the bulldogs. Not sure if that means his source is direct from port.

Gibbs?
Wasn’t that because Gibbs hadn’t told Carlton yet?
Dawson is out the door and has told Sydney.
The next step is him being another teams player.
It was about Fantasia

“I’ve used the line over time, I’ve never actually spoken to Orazio Fantasia,” Davies said.

“I reckon I will before he expresses an interest to come to Port Adelaide.

“Whilst Orazio’s still an Essendon player, I think I’ll respect that enough to say that the minute he suggests to us, and more importantly suggests to Essendon, that he doesn’t want to play there, we’ll have an interest then.

“Until then, we’ll keep our powder dry.”

There is a clear difference between Fantasia and Dawson

At the time Davies made the comment that he has not spoken to Fantasia, it was before trade period, Fantasia was a contracted Esswndon player and had not at that stage requested a trade back to SA

In Dawson's case he us coming out of contradict and has requested a trade back to SA

Two completed different scenarios at the point of Davies making his comments

Davies is so arrogant and cocky, if port had spoken to Dawson and his management de would have shout it out

Soon as Fantasia declared he wanted a trade back to SA, Davies switched the narrative to we will be speaking with Fantasia and his management

If Port were well progressed with their discussions with Dawson and his Management, why wouldn't Davies just say we are in discussions, and those discussions are continuing

The fact he said they are yet to have meaningful discussions with an uncontracted player who has declared he wants to come back to SA woukd be a little concerning if I was a Port fan.

Flip the person, if that was John Reid and he said we are interested in Dawson, but yet to have meaningful discussions and we know he is uncontracted and declared he wants a trade home, as a crows fan I woukd be concerned

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was about Fantasia

“I’ve used the line over time, I’ve never actually spoken to Orazio Fantasia,” Davies said.

“Whilst Orazio’s still an Essendon player, I think I’ll respect that enough to say that the minute he suggests to us, and more importantly suggests to Essendon, that he doesn’t want to play there, we’ll have an interest then.

At the time of Davies comments on 02 Oct, Fantasia was contracted and yet to inform Essendon of his trade request..... Port and Davies had no other option but to make that comment when asked

Soon as Fantasia informed Essendon of his trade request Davies said that they will be scheduling talks with Fantasia and his Management

Dawson completely different, he is coming out of contract and has already declared that he wants to return to SA, if Port are talking to Dawson and Mick Doughty just say those discussions have started and they will continue to progress over the coming days, or weeks

There is nothing for port to gain by saying we have not had meaningful discussions if this is not the case

It was about Fantasia

Dawson has stated he wants to come home ie doesn’t want to play there.
I really don’t see an issue with what Davies has said this time.

Dawson has stated he wants to come home ie doesn’t want to play there.
I really don’t see an issue with what Davies has said this time.
It’s semantics. You think last year that Essendon were not aware that Fantasia was seeking a trade to an SA club when those comments were made? And you think Port hadn’t already stitched him up at that point? Davies was clearly being smug about it and having a crack at us knowing they had him in the bag.

It’s semantics. You think last year that Essendon were not aware that Fantasia was seeking a trade to an SA club when those comments were made? And you think Port hadn’t already stitched him up at that point? Davies was clearly being smug about it and having a crack at us knowing they had him in the bag.
It's not semantics

It's how the landscape operates, Davies comments at the time are relevant to the situations

Clubs don't come out and declare they are in discussions until a contracted player has requested the trade

Dawson is completed opposite he is uncontracted and has informed Sydney that he will he seeking a trade, if Port are in discussions this is no reason, or advantage to hide this, the AFC would be aware of the situation

Flip the script

If John Ried come out and said

We know Sawson wants to come home, we haven't had the opportunity to have meaningful discussions however we are waiting his discussion

As a crows fan I woukd be bloody concerned

The fact that the club doesn't feel that it needs to comment, and the fact we have been working on Jordan for 12 mths, I'm even more confident

I coukd be wrong, but that's me read

There's a clear strategy and we'll trodden path for both Port and the crows.

Crows expresses their desire and wants the player to be attracted to the club but don't want to overpay.

Port promote their history and culture and are clearly happy to overpay if needed to get trades across the line.

Objectively, if you were a betting man we know where this is going to land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour is a few of the boys on the piss and young Neddy starts getting harassed by a few guys.

Ned being Ned, he's not putting up with that sh*t so he orders the guys to the beer garden for a fight.

It's on for all commers, fists, knees and elbows being thrown and Framptom wants to help his team mate out

Ned tells him to fu** off, he can handle it himself besides, he considers a 1 on 3 brawl pre season training

But Framptom comes back into the fray and Ned pushes him clear in the chest, points a finger at him and says...

Billy, don't be a hero

Takes me back to my childhood -

Don't worry, Kane, Tradders and Dwyane and the rest of the Port faithful will have him in the Dunstall category by the end of 2022.

I just checked over yonder (the Port forum) and the overrating has already started !!!!

"He's a beautiful kick of the footy", "under a good coach he could be anything", "he's a massive upgrade" etc

“under a good coach he could be anything” gave me a chuckle. Not happening in this universe.

Crows expresses their desire and wants the player to be attracted to the club but don't want to overpay.

Port promote their history and culture and are clearly happy to overpay if needed to get trades across the line.

Powaa would move out Rozee and Butters to land him just so they could say they beat us. Wins in their mind don't come at finals time.

Most players know the club they are going to when they leave and don't play these games. This is ridiculous. If we have been talking to him all year and he still hasn't commited it means he's not interested in coming to us and he's extracting more from the club he wants to go to. The odd part is why players would want to go there willingly to play under Hinkley. They must have a good hypnotist on staff. The one positive about never landing a trade is that we have more cap on hand to overpay average players on our list.

Last edited:

History and culture?

Gave Voss a timeline on the Carlton job process, or Port will make the decision for him

It's a club full of egos

This. Really bizarre.

My wife only has a passing interest in footy outside Crows, and when Davies came on the news and made those comments, she looked at me and said "who is that w***er?" I told her. She finished with "well he's a nasty piece of s**t".

She was right on both accounts.

Our beaten up rookie filled SANFL team ??
Yep that one. It was glorious.

Funnily enough, everytime they had a loss and I asked him about it he said they had soooooo many injuries. When I pointed out that they actually had one of the least amount os injuries across the AFL, he said it was lies.
Pretty sure he's a Trump supporter as well...

95% cash
4.5% culture, ie good place to work
0.5% History. Only told to mention that as a reason by Port's PR machine.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This. Really bizarre.

My wife only has a passing interest in footy outside Crows, and when Davies came on the news and made those comments, she looked at me and said "who is that w***er?" I told her. She finished with "well he's a nasty piece of sh*t".

She was right on both accounts.
It's a prerequisite for working at that s**t club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back