List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afl.com.au/news/677214/contracted-demon-open-to-move-tigers-in-talks-with-ex-crow

Melksham open to a move elsewhere. Dunno about GC as above mentioned. Would think he's pretty settled in VIC.

Is he old enough to head to Geelong? :tearsofjoy:

Either way if we can get a late 2nd/early 3rd then so be it.
surely we just give him away and other team pays him his last year. reckon if we get anything for him we'll be paying a chunk of his salary which I'd rather not do than have pick 50

surely we just give him away and other team pays him his last year. reckon if we get anything for him we'll be paying a chunk of his salary which I'd rather not do than have pick 50
Agree, he doesn’t seem to have a lot more to give at the Dees with other players moving ahead of him in the pecking order, deserves a solid season of two to finish his career off. Out of favour 30 year olds aren’t really worth a great deal anyway, can see him performing well for a year or two though at another club.

Agree, he doesn’t seem to have a lot more to give at the Dees with other players moving ahead of him in the pecking order, deserves a solid season of two to finish his career off. Out of favour 30 year olds aren’t really worth a great deal anyway, can see him performing well for a year or two though at another club.
a year or 2 anywhere else or 5 at the cats😅. yeah plus he's probably on the $400k or more since signing the extension so better off letting him go where ever he wants as another good faith move by the club to help build destination club status

Good info on everyone’s list here, including percentage of minutes played by age for each team:

CERRA ‘IMPRESSED’ WITH SUITOR AS TRADE SAGA TAKES TWIST

The Adam Cerra trade saga continues to rumble with reports the Dockers star was “really impressed” with a pitch from the Melbourne Demons.

Carlton, who hold pick No.6 in the upcoming draft, had emerged as the front runner for Cerra, who has been offered a $3 million deal by the Dockers, only for the 2021 grand finalists to muscle into the race.

“When it comes to Adam Cerra, (he) hasn’t nominated his club of choice yet because Melbourne have really come hard for him,” SEN’s Sam Edmund revealed this week.

“They’ve made their pitch, it was a pitch that really impressed Adam Cerra.”

With no first-round picks to offer Fremantle, Edmund said a player would need to be part of any deal with Angus Brayshaw and Luke Jackson emerging as potential pieces.

“Carlton are in the mix and the logical choice here but the Dees not having a pick until the second round… it’s going to take a player to make any trade possible here. Picks obviously aren’t going to get it done. Is it Angus Brayshaw?”,” Edmund said.

Brayshaw’s brother Andrew is currently at the Dockers while Jackson is originally from West Australia.

Adam Cerra’s future remains up in the air.Source: Getty Images

Brayshaw, however, dismissed speculation he would be heading to Fremantle.

“It seems like every year I am coming to Freo,” Brayshaw told The West Australian.

“It would be a disservice to my teammates to even think about anything other than the Melbourne Football Club. I’m contracted until next year, I love my teammates and I have no intention of going anywhere.”

Demons chief executive Gary Pert, meanwhile, declared 19-year-old ruckman Jackson would not be used in a trade for Cerra.

“In regards to Luke Jackson, Fremantle and every other club ... we love him and he’s going to be with us for a long time,” Pert said on 3AW

“We haven’t seen anything yet. Some of the stuff that he can do, his body is still very young, he hasn’t ever properly grown into it yet.

“He’s going to be a superstar with each year that he develops. He’s very exciting.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the Blues could go after the milk man. Just what they're missing.
An inconsistent HFF with a growing injury history is probably the last thing Carlton need imo. His kicking would be useful for them but he doesn't get enough ball these days to be too damaging. Then again that is the sort of player they target so they can say they get the 'big names' in trade week.

His form has tailed off dramatically in the 2nd half of the year tbh. I hope he has a big game against the Dogs but he hasn't played well enough to have any takers, and win or lose on Saturday I'm not sure we should be pushing guys out that are still best 22.
I’m not against the extension. For 2 extra years on a reduced deal it’s worth it. Weid will surely be looking to leave but seems unwanted from reports

His form has tailed off dramatically in the 2nd half of the year tbh. I hope he has a big game against the Dogs but he hasn't played well enough to have any takers, and win or lose on Saturday I'm not sure we should be pushing guys out that are still best 22.
He might need to regulate the amount he does in off season. Though playing in the GF will force that I would think.

He sort of mused briefly on G&G whether the workload he put on himself could have been a factor in the late season injury, so it’s obviously occurred to him.

He should keep the meat diet though. He looks great

Hi all, Macca has signed on for sweet * all, effectively averaging out his last year of current contract. Follows on from Viney, Salem and lever earlier in the year. Whisper is Brayshaw will do similar soon.

Weid will be ever Collingwood or north. Gold coast were interested but Chol signing means they won't go for him now. Don't expect much, both parties happy to go seperate ways. Massive change from club from mid year where he was due to be offered a deal.

Hadn't heard about Melksham leaving but obviously that will be just a salary dump.

I haven't heard much further on Cerra situation but the club is clearing salary space and already talking about trading picks, well you can put 2 and 2 together and say they're quite confident.

Another bit of news this week is sale of Bentleigh club for something north of 20 mil... Wowsers.

Hi all, Macca has signed on for sweet fu** all, effectively averaging out his last year of current contract. Follows on from Viney, Salem and lever earlier in the year. Whisper is Brayshaw will do similar soon.

Weid will be ever Collingwood or north. Gold coast were interested but Chol signing means they won't go for him now. Don't expect much, both parties happy to go seperate ways. Massive change from club from mid year where he was due to be offered a deal.

Hadn't heard about Melksham leaving but obviously that will be just a salary dump.

I haven't heard much further on Cerra situation but the club is clearing salary space and already talking about trading picks, well you can put 2 and 2 together and say they're quite confident.

Another bit of news this week is sale of Bentleigh club for something north of 20 mil... Wowsers.
Literally an announcement while I was typing that.

23.7 mil holy s**t, that is elite. Whilst we are still a little bit behind the likes of West coast/Richmond/Collingwood, that sort of bounty could help us close the gap significantly

Reckon Brown finding some good form in the last 6 weeks has killed Weids career with us. I can't see him being willing to play backup for another year.
Even more so Jackson showing more and more forward craft as the season has gone on.

I feel for weid, I think most fans can see he is talented. But he's nearly 25, has hardly done a full preseason yet. He's clearly a confidence player more than most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back